PDA

View Full Version : First Saber Build: Luke ROTJ V1

Viper1
08-22-2010, 03:22 PM
Howdy Folks,

This is my first build and just wanted to check i've not missed anything stupid out of my parts list. My hilt is going to be a MHS version of lukes ROTJ V1. Its just the hilt and electrics, will be getting a blade later.

Parts List

Ribbed Choke Combo
Blade Holder Style 5
4" Double Female threaded connector
MPS Pommel Style 3v1
MPS insert 1
MPS Clip
Activation Box 1
2X 6-32 socket head cap screws
Natural Card
8-32 X1/2" Thumb screw
1/8" Adhesive heat shrink
Soeal P4 Electronics kit
Drill & Tap hole (8-32)
Machine standard style switch hole.
Machine button for covertech clip

Im not entirely certain how im going to mount a switch in the activation box so i've just left it at the standard switch that comes with the p4 Kit.
Also do i need to purchace another drill and tap service for the covertech button and for fitting the activation box?

Cheers

Jedi-Elf
08-22-2010, 03:53 PM
I can't really answer your switch questions, but I can tell you that you might want to change your pommel to the #3v2 since it looks much more like the one from Lukes ROTJ saber. The v1 is smaller with smaller square extrusions. Other than that I think you should be ok.

Jedi-Loreen
08-22-2010, 05:40 PM
For each item you want a hole drilled and tapped for, whether it's for a blade retention screw, Covertec screw, whatever, it's a separate service charge, which is generally for a single hole. I don't know how it works for an activation box, since those require 2 holes.

So your plan is to put the standard switch that comes with the kit inside the box? The hole in that one is designed to pass wires through, not to mount a switch. This might be the new box designed to hold the bubble strip, since I don't know of the old box 5 will be restocked.

So you'll need to ask Tim about the hole size in that box, and if a standard switch can be mounted in it, as well as if it will be a single charge to drill and tap both holes for the box.

I'd do that before you order your parts.

Contact him at sales@thecustomsabershop.com