PDA

View Full Version : My 1st finised saber

narod
08-18-2010, 12:29 AM
well here is one of my newer sabers i made a Mara jade complete with crystal chamber i still got to add the blade and such but i do have a EP2 Anikin saber innards i plan to use
Tell me what you all think i should do any input is very happily taken being this is my 1st completed ( well almost ) Custom saber

:)

Ronan
08-18-2010, 12:41 AM
Nice man! She's a beauty :D

jin starkiller
08-18-2010, 04:34 AM
very cool ...loke the crystal chamber

Crystal Chambers
08-18-2010, 04:35 AM
I think...you should use photobucket to post your pics. You've obviously been doing your homework and you should show it off properly. I'd really like to see it lit as well.

Hard to give much critique otherwise...looks good from here. Enough that I want to look closer.

One question...I see you have a quick connector at the top of the chamber/chassis so your switch won't be functional to turn on the chamber. I have seen people do this before so that the chamber is lit when you remove the chassis and I was wondering if you'd figured out how ?

;)switch wiring!

ThreeQuadFive
08-18-2010, 05:59 AM
I absolutely love it!

I'm getting really jealous of crystal chambers lately. I still have yet to build one!

narod
08-19-2010, 01:11 AM
ok ill get a photo bucket account togather so i can post a few more pics of the other sabers i been working on. I was able to buy 2 MPP and 1 Garalex 3 cell from an antique shop for under $100
O one more question as u can see by the amount of posts i have done in the forum i am still learning.. ( being i am a network administrator and i have never:p:p really done any forum posting ) how do i add a picture to my name like you all have

Jedi-Loreen
08-19-2010, 01:55 AM
Read this thread:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=10125

I'm not sure what being a network administrator has to do with never having done any forum posting. :confused:

And it's "Graflex", not "Garalex". ;)

galen marek
08-19-2010, 05:13 AM
Damn, Thats sweet work on that chassis, and the hilt is equally amazing :D

Et Kin Evenstar
08-19-2010, 06:58 AM
Read this thread:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=10125

I'm not sure what being a network administrator has to do with never having done any forum posting. :confused:

And it's "Graflex", not "Garalex". ;)

Network admins tend to work long hours and part of their job is to make sure employees are not "wasting time" by posting on forums like this one. So most likely he cannot access forums while at work. Or he CAN, but does not. Now let's the rest of us get back to wasting our time! :-)

Crystal Chambers
08-19-2010, 07:20 AM
I'm getting really jealous of crystal chambers lately.

Yeah I hear that now and then..lol

But seriously several elaborate ones lately...can't wait to finish mine too.

galen marek
08-19-2010, 10:54 AM
i think they're the best part of any custom saber that has one, unless they also have CF.
How exactly do you make a chasis? i figured you would use an assortment of washers, but what are the poles/pipes that go around the outside of the chasis?

Jedi-Loreen
08-19-2010, 10:59 AM
Tubing, rods, stand offs, spacers.......

RevengeoftheSeth
08-19-2010, 12:25 PM
Tubing, rods, stand offs, spacers.......

Sounds like a bad first date.

narod
08-20-2010, 01:15 AM
Yah ok so thanks for the clear up on the spelling :oops: any how i am gonna take a bunch of clear pics of the chamber. them pics up there were taken with my iphone the other night. ok so my next project is an EP3 Obi saber the parts came in to day i am a little depressed about the emitter its a little small :( but i was able to ****roach the emitter from my obi fx saber hilt i had lying around it will seem to work a bit better . now i don't know what to do with this other blade holder. I shall add some progress pics as i work on the project.

narod
08-20-2010, 01:27 AM
for that chamber i pictured i used craft copper tube, a CSS brass spacer that they add with the blade holder some LED, and a blank board from radio shack i also added some plastic washers in the middle in order to hold the LED in place. various Mother board parts for the electronic look and a REAL crystal

i started on another chamber for the main part of the chamber the round plate i used the inside of a hard drive the aluminum rings and spacers there is 3 spacers and 4 rings per hard drive which fit perfect in to a Saber hilt. and the best part of the HD parts most of the holes are already drilled which makes putting on together real easy.

and the other i started on was 100 % acrylic the tubes, spacers, rods,
and instead of using LED to light that one i took a 5000MA laser and used it to light up the crystal which gave it a nice Deep sith synth:evil: crystal look.
ill start rounding up some pics to give you some hints to make one of your own
they are fun to make and look real nice in side the saber

Sunrider
08-20-2010, 05:14 AM
i took a 5000MA laser and used it to light up the crystal

Holy crap, a 5 amp laser. Be careful with that you might beam yourself up. :p

Skottsaber
08-20-2010, 06:41 AM
You talking to me Sunrider?
:p

Sunrider
08-20-2010, 08:46 AM
You talking to me Sunrider?
:p

Hmmm :confused:

Skottsaber
08-20-2010, 11:38 AM
Beam me up Scottie?
(I know, I know, we're star wars fans. It's just one I get a lot)

Sunrider
08-20-2010, 06:32 PM
Ah. My name is Scott too. And it's Mister Scott btw. ;)