PDA

View Full Version : Where Do I buy a CF Board

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
08-17-2010, 02:41 PM
I apologize if this has been posted and answered before, but where would I buy a CF board (other than maybe Erv at Plecterlabs)??? I am hoping to get a 3.0 or above with either Novastar, Darkstar, Ancient Saber, or Vader ESB modified by Judge Saber Smith for my first saber. But I dont know where to buy a board! Plz help!!!:???:

Rhyen Skytracker
08-17-2010, 03:43 PM
First of all there is NO talk about sales on the TCSS forum since it is attached to a store and secondly you REALLY need to read more. The CF is very hard to come by and it is like winning the lottery just to get the chance to buy one. Erv only makes a few at a time and only sells them once or twice a year. They sell out in a matter of seconds. Good luck trying to find one, I have been trying for 2 years to get one.

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
08-17-2010, 04:02 PM
First of all there is NO talk about sales on the TCSS forum since it is attached to a store and secondly you REALLY need to read more. The CF is very hard to come by and it is like winning the lottery just to get the chance to buy one. Erv only makes a few at a time and only sells them once or twice a year. They sell out in a matter of seconds. Good luck trying to find one, I have been trying for 2 years to get one.

Alright, so if I can't get a CF, what board can I get thats not a US, and where do I get it?

Do-Clo
08-17-2010, 04:11 PM
Search ebay;)

Ronan
08-17-2010, 04:12 PM
PM sent with answers.

Rhyen Skytracker
08-17-2010, 04:22 PM
Read, read, read and you will find the answers you seek. This forum is full of information for sound options out there. Other than the CF and US the easiest boards to get are from the Hasbro FX line of sabers or the Hasbro toy sabers. Both options require you ripping apart a saber to get the card out of it.

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
08-17-2010, 05:02 PM
Other than the CF and US the easiest boards to get are from the Hasbro FX line of sabers or the Hasbro toy sabers. Both options require you ripping apart a saber to get the card out of it.

Awww... had I known that, the fifteen toy sabers that I've ripped apart and thrown away over the years, I would've kept the boards and NOT busted and broke them and thrown them away!

Rhyen Skytracker
08-17-2010, 05:07 PM
The new 2010 Toy Hasbro sabers sound WAY better than the older ones did.

TimeRender
08-17-2010, 08:30 PM
I don't mean to discourage you, but even if you COULD get a CF you might want to set your sights a little lower first until you have some saber building and soldering experience. Try building one without sound at all, then move on to inexpensive boards before dropping the cash on a US or CF. You'll be glad you took your time.

xl97
08-18-2010, 12:02 AM
Awww... had I known that, the fifteen toy sabers that I've ripped apart and thrown away over the years, I would've kept the boards and NOT busted and broke them and thrown them away!

If you werent getting the soundboards out..what were you ripping that hilts apart for?

on a side note.. getting a CF '3rd party' can (will) be costly...

I haven seen them go for $600+ easy before...

Ronan
08-18-2010, 12:34 AM
If you werent getting the soundboards out..what were you ripping that hilts apart for?

on a side note.. getting a CF '3rd party' can (will) be costly...

I haven seen them go for $600+ easy before...

They are sold from the manufacturer for around $200... Unless i'm missing something?...

Jedi-Loreen
08-18-2010, 01:46 AM
Yes, but because of demand, other people who are selling theirs try to get as much as they can for them, and if someone wants it badly enough, they will spend the money for it. :neutral:

eastern57
08-18-2010, 02:20 AM
Case in point: I just sold my prize-winning country squash and my vintage AmeriCanada Snow-cone machine to fund a brand new Crystal Focus V5 for about thrice it's MSRP value... and I don't have the first clue what to do with it...

It has a lot of holes in it... do you think I should hot-glue those shut... :confused:

Darth Xusia
08-18-2010, 07:23 AM
The holes are for liquid cooling. :D

Crystal Chambers
08-18-2010, 07:27 AM
no no the butter is for liquid cooling.

ah...I replied and...it disappeared.:confused:

All I mentioned was a not so proper method for install...oh and Erv ripping into someone for buying CFs just to mark them up. pish. no fun!

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
08-18-2010, 08:30 AM

I was turning them into practice sabers mostly, inserting a wooden dowel or alluminum or Carbon Fiber rod as a blade. But most of the sabers were old and dead anyways.

Sunrider
08-18-2010, 09:34 AM
There is one up on ebay. It will likely go for 500 bucks tho. ;)

Skottsaber
08-18-2010, 09:54 AM
Sunrider...

Search ebay;)

C'mon :p

DJMoonbass
08-18-2010, 02:01 PM
yeah CFs are pretty rare. thats why i was able to trade mine for a Custom Do clo mara jade with built in li ions and a US 2.0 for my gf. just hands down trade. i am happy with my trade to. i can always get another one when erv does a run.

Jedi-Loreen
08-18-2010, 02:26 PM
i can always get another one when erv does a run.
If you're lucky.

Again.

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
08-18-2010, 02:42 PM
Key words...Lucky...and...Again

Lord Maul
08-22-2010, 10:27 PM
Aight guys, keep it civil... What someone does with their board is their business. Don't make me start deleting posts.

EDIT: Scratch that. Posts have been cleaned.