PDA

View Full Version : can somebody tell me what this part is.

morpheus1977
08-16-2010, 11:20 PM
I know I ordered this from TCSS a couple of years ago. But I never used it and I can not for the life of me remember what it's for. (I believe its a driver but I cant remember if it was to use with a MR or a Hasbro board )
http://a.imageshack.us/img840/4707/image874.th.jpg (http://img840.imageshack.us/i/image874.jpg/)

http://a.imageshack.us/img571/2783/image173o.th.jpg (http://img571.imageshack.us/i/image173o.jpg/)

Lord Maul
08-16-2010, 11:23 PM
That's a Corbin V2 board. It's a LED driver with ramp on/off effects but no sound. You can wire it with a MR board if you have the fu. Don't use it with a US/CF

morpheus1977
08-16-2010, 11:27 PM
wow 3 min I didnt think I would get a responce THAT fast LOL. I will have to search around and see if I can find a wiring diagram. My fu is ok if I have something to follow. (what the little momentary (guessing thats what that is) switch for? A clash affect?)

*edit* well found the diagrams. (whew dont know about this one.) Is it worth it?

Lord Maul
08-16-2010, 11:30 PM
Look in cutaway views and wiring schematics, there are tons of diagrams there.

morpheus1977
08-16-2010, 11:36 PM
/\ /\ /\
Yea I found them but the board I have is a little different. still looking aroung though.

Lord Maul
08-16-2010, 11:38 PM
You have the newer board. All that has changed is that it is now smaller. You just need to wire it by the markings on the PCB and you'll be good to go

morpheus1977
08-16-2010, 11:43 PM
its funny after looking through some threads I am starting to remember why I never wired it LOL, to fracken complicated for my level of fu. I was reading that you needed two clash sensors and a dpdt switch. So I dont think I can use it on my current saber it uses one of Tims illuminated switches with a Maul MR board.

Jedi-Loreen
08-17-2010, 12:27 AM
Um, the illuminated switches are DPDT switches.

morpheus1977
08-17-2010, 07:39 AM

I didnt know that thanks for the info.

ThreeQuadFive
08-17-2010, 09:00 AM

I'm sorry, not to thread jack or start the flaming, but J-LO..while I respect you for your wealth of knowledge and skill in both Star Wars and saber building...you really need to work on your...er...delivery of your responses.

I've seen so many condescending replies (whether your mean to or not) over the years I've lurked here, and I'm sorry to say but you COULD be much nicer about how you respond to people...just my two cents.

You could have simply stated that the illuminated switches are in fact DPDT, and perhaps pointed him to the store page where it mentions it, a particular thread, etc.

Not everyone has the same level of skill and knowledge as those of us who have been here a while, and the search engine for the forum doesn't always pull up the info you want unless you get the search params just right.

Now on with the show!

HAVOK
08-17-2010, 10:00 AM
..... you must have missed everyone responses after she comments.

DONT MESS WITH J-LO, take it from personal experience, you wont win.

If you dont like what she has to say, dont read it. She is straight to the point, and her posts are not loaded with BS

you WILL learn to love what she has to say!

BTW, im glad you figured out what your board was!

morpheus1977
08-17-2010, 10:05 AM
I'm sorry, not to thread jack or start the flaming, but J-LO..while I respect you for your wealth of knowledge and skill in both Star Wars and saber building...you really need to work on your...er...delivery of your responses.

I've seen so many condescending replies (whether your mean to or not) over the years I've lurked here, and I'm sorry to say but you COULD be much nicer about how you respond to people...just my two cents.

You could have simply stated that the illuminated switches are in fact DPDT, and perhaps pointed him to the store page where it mentions it, a particular thread, etc.

Not everyone has the same level of skill and knowledge as those of us who have been here a while, and the search engine for the forum doesn't always pull up the info you want unless you get the search params just right.

Now on with the show!

I dont take it personally J-Lo as always been very helpfull to me. She is straight and to the point. I personally didnt take any offense to that. I dont post as often as I would like to but I have been around long enough to know all the main posters and what their personalities (sp?) are like.

RevengeoftheSeth
08-17-2010, 10:13 AM

Now on with the show!

Each person has their own personality quirks. My personal views are that if someone is going to dish it out, they should be able to take it in return. No need for any of that one sided attitude, IMO.

Jedi-Loreen
08-17-2010, 10:22 AM
I could have left the "Um" out, then nobody would have been offended.

Even though the OP was not.

ThreeQuadFive
08-17-2010, 10:41 AM
Sorry but felt I had to point it out as you do other things to other users. Call it one of my own pet peeves.

Most of us know your style so we're used to it but newcomers may not have a clue.

Jedi-Loreen
08-17-2010, 10:47 AM
Point taken.

And hopefully, remembered.

RevengeoftheSeth
08-17-2010, 10:49 AM
Point taken.

And hopefully, remembered.

We still love you no matter what. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Jedi-Loreen
08-17-2010, 11:02 AM
Thanks.

I'd say, "to know me is to love me", but not everyone feels that way. :p

Skottsaber
08-17-2010, 11:21 AM
[size=3] then nobody would have been offended.

rock on!!

Jedi-Loreen
08-17-2010, 11:35 AM
That was a crappy quote job, Skott! :lol:

But I guess that's because I use larger, colored Fonts.

And you don't seem to preview your posts.

;)

:p

Skottsaber
08-17-2010, 11:53 AM
*runs away with his tail between his legs*
:p

Jedi-Loreen
08-17-2010, 12:43 PM
Well, I took part of the blame. ;)

morpheus1977
08-17-2010, 12:51 PM
well you have nothing to be sorry about.