PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Hasbro Mace Windu Force FX

RevengeoftheSeth
08-15-2010, 03:59 PM
So I pre-ordered the new Hasbro Mace Windu Force FX Lightsaber about a month ago, now I'm really anxious for it to be shipped. I ordered it direct from the Hasbro Toy Store. They said it would be shipped in August (I'm assuming not until the very last day of the month, now). I was really hoping before Celebration V (not sure why they would wait until after the big event to ship them all out).

Did anyone else pre-order one of the new sabers and what are your thoughts on the experience? Did anyone hear an exact date on when these will ship?

I wonder if there will be any improvements made on these 2010 models. I know some of them have a removeable blade, now. I'm sure people will still want to convert them to LEDs, though. Maybe I should cancel my Mace pre-order and get one of the ones with a removeable blade.

EDIT: I suppose I'll let you all know the details when I receive mine, then. If it's the same, I'm going to try to convert it.

Marco
09-16-2010, 12:38 PM
Anyone actually ripped one of the new 2010s apart and did some multimeter measuring? Does it put out the same electricity in terms of current and voltage so that it is useable like the old fx boards for custom sabers and conversions?

Any links for tuts or good threads are really really welcome, since I like the sound of the 2010s much more!!!

The indeed sound a bit more like the luke ROTJ from nova, which simply is the best soundfont everrrrrrrrrrrr! :D

Anyways best regards and congrats on such a nice saber :>
I watched the Bonus DVD and Sam J was like is it possible that I can get a purple one? Lucas: Yea Sam: DAMN!

HAHA :p

Marco

jin starkiller
09-16-2010, 12:45 PM
yes Seth i ordered .... i ordered the Anakin, Luke ROTJ and the Mace...no confirmation as to when they will ship yet ....i hate waiting

RevengeoftheSeth
09-16-2010, 06:37 PM
yes Seth i ordered .... i ordered the Anakin, Luke ROTJ and the Mace...no confirmation as to when they will ship yet ....i hate waiting

Yeah, that was the same problem here. Hasbro still hasn't shipped mine. I called to give them an earfull since it was supposed to ship Aug 30th.

jin starkiller
09-16-2010, 06:44 PM
yes already been that route they said not sure when shipping ...feel like we getting the run around when dealing with them...but all well have to deal till they decide to ship ...hope soon

RevengeoftheSeth
09-16-2010, 07:06 PM
Yeah, I contacted their supervisors at customer affairs and they told me they were moving their entire warehouse from one location to another and nothing was going to ship until everything was moved and inventoried.

Marco
09-19-2010, 07:14 AM
So I guess not ... :D

RevengeoftheSeth
09-19-2010, 07:45 AM
You could say that ^.^

Lord Dottore Matto
09-19-2010, 10:24 PM
It is the same board as the MR Anakin (in the ROTJ and the Mace)

Marco
09-20-2010, 12:00 AM
hm sounds totally different ^^

FenderBender
09-20-2010, 04:44 AM
Saw this at C5 along with the new ROTJ. They didn't change much, other than using the Anakin board as LDM said. Other than that, it's just the same old piggy Mace:(

Rhyen Skytracker
09-20-2010, 05:21 AM
The new boards are smaller and use all SMD components. You no longer have the white header at the top of the board either and hasbro spent a lot more money on hot glue for these boards too. LOL I haven't taken voltage and current measurements yet but I took plenty of pics on how to disassemble the Anakin and of the board. Here is my folder at photobucket and I will make a tutorial later on. http://s416.photobucket.com/albums/pp242/wadeh13/Tutorials/2010%20Anakin%20FX%20with%20removable%20blade/

You can see by the white writting on the front of the board that this same board is used for the Vader too, just with different sounds. Speaking of sounds, I am not too impressed with the swing sound on thig saber. The idle hum and clash is better but that is it.

RevengeoftheSeth
09-20-2010, 10:00 AM
You can see by the white writting on the front of the board that this same board is used for the Vader too, just with different sounds. Speaking of sounds, I am not too impressed with the swing sound on thig saber. The idle hum and clash is better but that is it.

Interesting.. has anyone ever tried to tap into the coding for the SMDs and change the sounds around?

Skottsaber
09-20-2010, 10:13 AM
I doubt it.
My bet is only Erv could have any success with that.

Rhyen Skytracker
09-20-2010, 10:42 AM
You would have to buy expensive equipment to be able to do that and it is just not worth it. You could try adding resistance to the speaker output and see if that does anything.

psab keel
09-20-2010, 11:34 AM
It was my understanding that the FX sabers with Removable blades had the new sound boards in them. As far as I know, the Hasbro Mace Windu and Luke ROTJ have the same sound sets as previous releases did.

From watching several video reviews on YouTube, only the Darth Vader, Anakin ROTS, and Obi-Wan ROTS models with the removable blades have all new sounds sets.

Hope this can clear up some confusion.

RevengeoftheSeth
09-20-2010, 01:17 PM
You would have to buy expensive equipment to be able to do that and it is just not worth it. You could try adding resistance to the speaker output and see if that does anything.

I need to make friends with someone from Hasbro ^.^

FenderBender
09-20-2010, 01:21 PM
I live in the state that Hasbro is based in, and I can tell you that they aren't that friendly.

RevengeoftheSeth
09-20-2010, 01:22 PM
LOL, that sounds like experience talking.

FenderBender
09-20-2010, 01:30 PM
Yup:D

Rhyen Skytracker
09-20-2010, 02:08 PM
I would like to hear that story sometime Fender.