PDA

View Full Version : RGB Strips

RevengeoftheSeth
08-14-2010, 10:25 AM
I can't tell if it lights up on both sides, so it make be dark on one side if used inside a blade. But it's compareable to purchasing LEDs individually as far as price goes.

http://www.theledlight.com/flexible-RGB-strips.html

On the same site, I also found '5 MM LED Mini-Reflectors'. The LED sits inside a tiny reflector that focuses the light forward on a 5 degree path.

psab keel
08-14-2010, 11:12 AM
I don't think these would really work for our purposes considering the amount of voltage required to illuminate the strips, plus the LED's are too far apart which when inserted into a blade would cause hotspotting and an uneven look.

RevengeoftheSeth
08-14-2010, 12:00 PM
Yeah, after further reading, I don't really think they are 360 degree viewable either.

Would be nice if someone sold pre-assembled LED strings of super bright LEDs (like the ones Makoto uses) that were flexible enough for dueling. Not like EL strings.

Jedi-Loreen
08-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Yeah, after further reading, I don't really think they are 360 degree viewable either.
Um, no. Not if they are on a flat ribbon. The best you could hope for would be 180°.

Would be nice if someone sold pre-assembled LED strings of super bright LEDs (like the ones Makoto uses) that were flexible enough for dueling. Not like EL strings.
Sure it would be nice. But who's gonna make them? Tim's already busy enough. And it's not that a large niche in this hobby.

And, this is a DIY site, after all. ;)

RevengeoftheSeth
08-14-2010, 03:33 PM
Um, no. Not if they are on a flat ribbon. The best you could hope for would be 180°.

Sure it would be nice. But who's gonna make them? Tim's already busy enough. And it's not that a large niche in this hobby.

And, this is a DIY site, after all. ;)

Never said Tim had to make anything. I'm talking about one of the LED specialty shops out there.

And it's no less DIY than buying your pre-assembled TCSS blades or Corbin blade.

Jedi-Loreen
08-14-2010, 06:02 PM
And it's no less DIY than buying your pre-assembled TCSS blades or Corbin blade.
I had a feeling you were probably going to say something like this.

Though I've personally never bought any pre-made blades, I prefer to make them myself.

4 more till 5,000

RevengeoftheSeth
08-14-2010, 08:04 PM
I had a feeling you were probably going to say something like this.

Though I've personally never bought any pre-made blades, I prefer to make them myself.

4 more till 5,000

Great minds think alike.

And I prefer to make my own blade as well :)