PDA

View Full Version : My hilt and blade parts!

Rian Jardrit
08-11-2010, 09:17 AM
My first saber and well, I finally know what I want... now for the check!

I would like to create a P4 Blue saber, with a Hasbro soundboard, that I will surgically remove from its plasic shell! :lol:

At the moment I have the following (though I have a feeling I am missing something regarding the soundboard):

Activation box style 1 + Natural Card
7 piece Rubber Grip (I am going for a Vader/AnakinEp2 and Ben/LukeEp6 look)
Trim ring 3 (will be placed between main hilt body and extension)
Blade Holder style 12
MHS Ribbed extension V-Grooved
Hilt style 1 with standard switch hole
MPS Pommel style 3 V1
MPS Clip for pommel
MPS Insert style 12

8/32 x 1/2" thumb scew
SPST Push on/off - Mom swith with black button + Bezel nut for nice finish
Seoul P4 Blue LED
Luxeon Collimator Lens 5 deg viewing angle
LuxeonIII/V Lens holder (I know about the 5 deg lens fitting issue)
BuckPuck 1000mA 4-wire
LED "Corbin style" Battle blade 1" OD
4AAA battery holder
Premium Speaker
MHS speaker mount V2
*EDIT thnx to Jin Starkiller: 2 Wire quick connector (when it is in stock again! :P)

Not all items are in stock at the moment, but this is what I am going for... any suggestions or adds that I've missed? :)

Rian out!

jin starkiller
08-11-2010, 11:31 AM
sounds like you have everthing in order but if you decide later on you want to switch out the led use this it makes that easier

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/2-Wire-quick-connector-P38.aspx

RevengeoftheSeth
08-11-2010, 11:45 AM
I bought out the last 2 connectors, so he'd have to wait until Tim restocks them.

Are you sure the Hasbro board requires a momentary switch? I can't remember for sure.

Skottsaber
08-11-2010, 12:40 PM
Yes it does require a momentary.

Rian Jardrit
08-11-2010, 02:08 PM
sounds like you have everthing in order but if you decide later on you want to switch out the led use this it makes that easier

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/2-Wire-quick-connector-P38.aspx

Ah yeah! I forgot that one, it's out of stock atm, so I forgot it, since I couldn't add it to my cart...

Thnx :)

Rian Jardrit
08-11-2010, 02:11 PM
Yes it does require a momentary.

yeah... like he said! ;)

Hey, I might be a extreme n00by here on the site, forum and the whole saber crafting, but... I HAVE READ the forums! ;)

I've learned from this thread: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=7587

RevengeoftheSeth
08-11-2010, 02:21 PM
yeah... like he said! ;)

Hey, I might be a extreme n00by here on the site, forum and the whole saber crafting, but... I HAVE READ the forums! ;)

I've learned from this thread: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=7587

Nah I coulda swore one of the hasbro boards required a latching switch >.<

I have too much information swimming around in my head - I've developed electronic dyslexia. I just wanted to at bring it up so it could be double-checked.

Jedi-Loreen
08-11-2010, 02:56 PM
Rian, please use the Multi-Quote button next to the Quote button, it has the " on it.

Click that button on each post you want to quote first, then click Post Reply and it will put all the quotes in your post, where you can respond to each in a single post. Then you won't have to double, or triple (or whatever number) post. ;)

Thanks.

Rian Jardrit
08-11-2010, 03:13 PM
ok sure, next time I'll will use that option, thanks for notifying moi!

Just saw the other post after I posted the first, so... but I'll keep it in mind for another time, tnx

Nah I coulda swore one of the hasbro boards required a latching switch >.<

I have too much information swimming around in my head - I've developed electronic dyslexia. I just wanted to at bring it up so it could be double-checked.

Hehe, double checking is always a good idea! ;)

Rian Jardrit
08-12-2010, 01:23 AM
I had a question for my current set-up:

Is it possible to replace the buckpuck with the LED driver board (+add-on) from the store? I searched for Twirling sabers on youtube and saw the extend/retract movement of the light... that is pure AWESOMENESS there!

Sooo... is it possible to learn this pow... uuuh possible to build it in my current lightsaber set-up? If not, could someone please tell me what else I need? Thank you!

Rian out!

Mazaki
08-12-2010, 02:35 AM
If I remember correctly, Hasbro boards can't be driven... Though knowing me, I might be wrong. Ask J-Lo, I bet she knows.

Rian Jardrit
08-12-2010, 02:46 AM
Hmmm, the driven ones are the MR's and Hasbro FX ones?
The whole extending and retracting is an absolute NEED! :D So please tell me wich board I need then! ;)

Shadar Al'Niende
08-12-2010, 06:44 AM
Hmmm, the driven ones are the MR's and Hasbro FX ones?
The whole extending and retracting is an absolute NEED! :D So please tell me wich board I need then! ;)

if you have to have the extend and retract you MUST purchase a Force FX board made by either Hasbro or Master Replica. You will also need to wire you segments with the different leads off the board in order to take advantage of the microcontroller. (and by the way Mazaki, its the LED that is driven, not the board)

Rian Jardrit
08-12-2010, 08:18 AM
thnx, thought it was those two, MR and Hasbro FX.

Was affraid it wouldn't be THAT easy! ;)

I will look in to it some more, and start roaming teh internetz foar a Hasbro FX... else... I will just close my eyes when I ignite the saber and THINK it will extend and retract! :P

Shadar Al'Niende
08-12-2010, 09:34 AM
Also keep in mind, that you will need to use an LED ladder in conjunction with this board in order to get this effect.

Skottsaber
08-12-2010, 09:47 AM
Basically the MR boards are too quick to make a noticable fade.

Rian Jardrit
08-12-2010, 09:56 AM
hmmm, well hearing you two, I'd say I'll wait with the LED driver and just use a Buckpuck for now, and later on modify it, when I have the knowledge and skills! It's my first saber ffs... :S I want MORE! And I know I shouldn't... (wait... that sounds like a movie line!)

Think I'll hit town tonight and look if I can find the cheapy hasbro sabers, the Clone Wars version, right? Heard some via youtube, but at the moment the Obi-Wan version sounds the best...

Darth Xusia
08-12-2010, 10:14 AM
Rian, you need to remove the link in your signature. This is a family oriented site.

Rian Jardrit
08-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Done and... DONE! :) soz... didn't knew, thnx for notification. ;)