PDA

View Full Version : My New Character

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
08-10-2010, 04:41 PM
I have finally created my character! I shall be known as
Jedi Master Darius Malakoth! Darius is a Jedi Master from the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.
SPECS
He uses a Blue or Royal Blue lightsaber.
He wears beige-ish jedi robes with brown boots, brown belt, and brown robe.
BIO:
As a child, Darius Malakoth was found on the planet Deralia to be Force Sensitive, and brought to the temple on Coruscant by Jedi Knight Choji Gamakichi. Strong in the Force, and skilled with a lightsaber, Darius became a padawan under Jedi Master Cal Ordo. Soon, Darius met a boy who would eventually grwo to be his brother in arms, and arch enemy, Gorog Killbane.
After traveling the galxy with his master and learning about the Force, Darius Malakoth became a Jedi Knight. As did Gorog. In this era, jedi were able to fall in love. But Darius Malakoth would be the catalyst to change this. Gorog murdered Ashley and Ben Malakoth-Darius' wife and son. Darius vowed to one day, bring Gorog, the newly appointed Sith Lord... to justice. Darius eventually became a Jedi Master and took on Ceal Omas as his apprentice. The rest of the story has yet to be told...

Mazaki
08-10-2010, 08:36 PM
So this sounds like New Republic Era to me. This is sort of a summary for your fan fiction, right?

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
08-11-2010, 06:08 AM
Sort of. Darius is the main character in my fan fiction series. But this was intended to be way old republic. Because Darius was the one who made love forbidden in the jedi order, because of what happened to him, and what he planned to do.

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
08-11-2010, 09:21 AM
Here's a few pics of Darius Malakoth: http://http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/picture.php?albumid=218&pictureid=1772 and http://http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/picture.php?albumid=218&pictureid=1776 sorry, can't figure out how to make those useable

Invisas1979
08-11-2010, 10:32 AM
Anyone else want to mention that this is a saber building forum, not a roll playing forum.

Zekk, there are other forums for fan fiction and roll play. By all mean post pics of costumes and sabers in the misc section but I don't think Tim would want a load of new commers to the forum thinking that's what it about.

Primarily it's to talk about, show pics of and discuss how to improve our sabers and saber making skills.

And pics of costumes should go in the correct section, likewise sabers etc.

Don't mean to be a spoil sport dude but I think you need to do a bit of reading and learning and not blowing up the forum with loads of relatively useless posts.

Skottsaber
08-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Perhaps you could kind of save all the stuff that comes to you and post it all with your costume pics when its done?

Mazaki
08-11-2010, 03:57 PM
Zekk, let's just keep all discussions about fan fiction in the fan fiction thread. Trust me, we'll keep a lot of people from getting upset. ;)

Sort of. Darius is the main character in my fan fiction series. But this was intended to be way old republic. Because Darius was the one who made love forbidden in the jedi order, because of what happened to him, and what he planned to do.

Attachment was always forbidden in the Jedi Code until Luke revised it when the New Republic was formed after the fall of the Galactic Empire. Trust me, it's a way more interesting time after the original trilogy, anyways.

My recommendation when writing fan fiction: study like mad. Get on Wookieepedia and just read articles. Look up slang terms so your dialogue doesn't sound Earthy, know your basic history, blaster mechanics, lightsaber mechanics, physics even. Learn about everything you can, because the more well researched you are, the more authentic and more detailed your stories will be.

Flesh out your characters too: give them pasts, origins, beliefs, get into their minds, show the reader what makes them tick. Example: one of my political characters, President Yoseph Usaro of Titania was born force senstitive, but his parents refused to give him to the Jedi Order. As a result, he holds deep convictions towards the Jedi and strives to serve them as best he can. He cares very much about his people, and is heartbroken by the Senate's lack of support towards suppressing a revolutionary group known as The Star of Roa, which has been wreaking havoc in the Alpha-Roa binary star system.

See? Details man, details. Leave no question unanswered unless it's necessary to keep the reader on the edge of their seat.

Zekk, when you reply to this, just press "quote," and then copy that and paste it in a reply in the fan fiction thread. ;)

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
08-11-2010, 04:26 PM
Zekk, let's just keep all discussions about fan fiction in the fan fiction thread. Trust me, we'll keep a lot of people from getting upset. ;)
Attachment was always forbidden in the Jedi Code until Luke revised it when the New Republic was formed after the fall of the Galactic Empire. I hater to be a party pooper, but that's wrong. here's the link that explains it:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Jedi_code
"Jedi do not marry (with some exceptions), in order to avoid attachment and—according to Vergere—so as not to create dynasties of those strong in the Force. However, in many periods of the Order's history, such as the era prior to Exar Kun and in Luke Skywalker's reformed Jedi Order, marriage was not forbidden. That being said, celibacy was enforced in many periods of the Order's history." A direct quote from it about the original jedi marrying