PDA

View Full Version : Blades

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
08-08-2010, 09:42 AM
ah..yes. Blades. The only thing other than the lightsaber hilt that is inseperable for a jedi. But which to use? Tim's complete? TCSS Style? Corbin Style? Tim's incomplete? Ultra Edge? Heavy Grade? Ultra Heavy Grade? Ultra Edge Heavy? (insert others here)? Which blades do you recomend?

Jedi-Loreen
08-08-2010, 10:29 AM
I'm not sure why you put this in the Miscellaneous section. :confused: There is an LED Blade section. There are other areas to this forum that just this one. ;)

It depends on what you want a blade for, display/show, or light or heaving dueling. Some people have different blades for different purposes.

I recommend that you take a look around, as this question has been asked before.

And I don't see you mention the Trans White blades.

ecko
08-08-2010, 11:13 AM
I agree with J-Lo.

From what I found you have 2 options (thin walled or thick walled, although some are named differently) for each version.

Personal opinion:
If it's only for show: Thin
If you are ever going to duel with it: Thick

Again this is my opinion, some people like the lighter thin walled blades for feel and balance.

If you are thinking about the UltraEdge, I would just go with Trans White.
I have one of each, from one resident of Ontario to another - the main difference is shipping cost.

As for the other versions, is all in how you want the light to be diffused.

I also own a TCSS and the Corbin is on the way.

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
08-08-2010, 11:23 AM
I'm not sure why you put this in the Miscellaneous section. :confused: There is an LED Blade section.
I recommend that you take a look around, as this question has been asked before.

And I don't see you mention the Trans White blades.

I apologize J-Lo and thanks for the info
and also, thanks to you ecko

RevengeoftheSeth
08-08-2010, 04:44 PM
I own a Trans-white and made my own diffuser film with clear celophane wrap from the local hobby store. To be honest, the blade is just fine without diffuser, but it is a hair more even with it, and no so see-through when the blade is on.