PDA

View Full Version : excitement for my really cheap jedi costume

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
08-07-2010, 10:06 PM
I am sooo excited for this coming week! A fabric store called Fabricland is selling all of their "Simplicity" patterns. This particular company makes a pattern for two different jedi tunics, and two jedi robes... on sale the 8th- 15th... for $3.99! I'm sooo excited! Here's the link for the site: http://www.fabricland.ca/currentpatterns.jpg If you can't order online from there, go to this site: http://www.simplicity.com/p-2272-costumes.aspx the robes need to be slightly modified from the picture, but overall, really nice jedi robes and tunics!

Jedi-Loreen
08-08-2010, 01:46 AM
Are you sure your store still has any of those patterns? They stopped printing them years ago.

I thought you could only get over-priced ones on ebay.

I have a set of those patterns, myself.

Good luck, I hope you don't end up disappointed because you can't find it.

This is only the first step, of course. Next, you have to get the fabrics. Get decent fabrics, do a little research on what types to use. Your costume won't look good if you cheap out on this part.

Do you already have someone to sew your tunics, tabards and obi for you?

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
08-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Well, Fabricland says that that Brand of pattern is on sale, so if they do, $3.99, but even if they don't, the pattern company will sell it online. And even before I do that, I'll go across the street from the stroe to wal mart, because they sell patterns too, and maybe they'll have it. And yes, I think I will go with a thinner cotton/polyester inner tunic, then something like a thin wool for the outer tunic, obi, tabards, etc. Then, I'm buying boots for $30 online and a Belt, and the Robe is in the pattern for which I will use a dark colored, thin wool. I'm very excited!

HAVOK
08-09-2010, 06:09 PM
I totally got this exact pattern a month ago at Jo-ann Fabrics, they had like 10 of them there.

I paid a little more , 13.00 but whatever.

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
08-10-2010, 07:24 AM
But it is a good pattern, right?
I know the robe and tunic need a slight mod from the pic, but they're good right?

HAVOK
08-10-2010, 10:29 AM
dont know all my extra $ has gone to making sabers

HAHAHAHA

Jedi-Loreen
08-10-2010, 11:07 AM
Yes, the patterns are fine. The tabards, what I think they call the "shoulder armor" for this, need to be modified, and the robe needs a bigger hood and doesn't have any point on the end.

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
08-10-2010, 11:12 AM
Yeah, I took one look at the picture and said, good but this, this, and this will need to be fixed. LOL