PDA

View Full Version : Weird Al Yankovic Does SW!

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
08-06-2010, 06:34 AM
Look here on youtube:

American Pie Parody:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ9GdDYGT_0

Yoda:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s1DWaZFi0Y

enjoy!

Jedi-Loreen
08-06-2010, 09:11 AM
Dude, these are not new, and have already been posted before.

Please stop postwhoring and do more reading.

ARKM
08-06-2010, 10:45 AM
"Yoda" came out in 1985 and "The Saga Begins" came out in 1999. Is there any reason you could possibly have that would make you think that we haven't already heard these songs or seen any music videos for them by now... many times?

That said, I got to see Weird Al perform both of those songs live last Saturday. He was in costume. I win.

EDIT: I'm not trying to be mean to you Zekk, I'm just "sayin'".

Jedi-Loreen
08-06-2010, 10:58 AM
Did he have Storm Troopers and Vader on stage with him?

I know he does that when he comes to So Cal.

Last Dec., he agreed to be part of a Holiday Parade as a guest of the 501st and Rebel Legion.

Unfortunately, it wouldn't stop raining that day, so the parade was canceled. :( He was gracious enough to come to the large room we were given to use as a dressing room and hang out with us for a while and take pictures.

He was there with his wife, who's really nice, and his little daughter who's very cute. They all seem very "normal" and grounded. They are good people.

It was a pleasure to get to know him a little bit off stage. :)

ARKM
08-06-2010, 11:03 AM
Sadly, no Storm Troopers or Vader. However the rest of the band dressed up for those songs and also dressed "appropriately" for most of the others as well.

That's pretty cool that you got to hang out with him and meet his family.

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
08-06-2010, 11:05 AM
EDIT: I'm not trying to be mean to you Zekk, I'm just "sayin'".
First of all, whether you're trying or not, you are. Second, I know of at least 15 of my friends who have never heard of those songs and so I thought I would post this for anyone else who doesn't know.

ARKM
08-06-2010, 11:14 AM
First of all, whether you're trying or not, you are. Second, I know of at least 15 of my friends who have never heard of those songs and so I thought I would post this for anyone else who doesn't know.

Boo!

Now I'm being mean.

You need a thicker hide kid... especially around here.

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
08-06-2010, 11:22 AM
I have a thick hide. I just hate it when people do that! It was an honest mistake! However I apologize for snapping at you, I just over-react sometimes is all. Please forgive my somewhat distasteful behavior.

ARKM
08-06-2010, 11:29 AM
No worries. It's all good.

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
08-06-2010, 11:47 AM
Thanks for understanding ARKM

Mazaki
08-06-2010, 03:31 PM
Forum drama... lol.

Seriously, what is it with majority of forum members raging about a post they've already seen? I mean my goodness, it's not like you're on 4Chan and every other post is spam or *****graphy. If anyone needs a thick hide, it's the people complaining about this thread.

Anyways, I saw Al live when he came to Salem about a year and a half ago. And yes, he had storm troopers and vader with him. That was an epic night, and ton of people sang along too. :D

Shadar Al'Niende
08-06-2010, 03:49 PM
Forum drama... lol.

Seriously, what is it with majority of forum members raging about a post they've already seen? I mean my goodness, it's not like you're on 4Chan and every other post is spam or *****graphy. If anyone needs a thick hide, it's the people complaining about this thread.

Anyways, I saw Al live when he came to Salem about a year and a half ago. And yes, he had storm troopers and vader with him. That was an epic night, and ton of people sang along too. :D

On a forum like this, where information is hard enough for people to find when they want it? Posting needless things IS frustrating... This forum is a DIY forum, whos primary function is to give information to those who would like to learn "how to" do things in this hobby. This Misc board is a bit of a boon for those who would like to post off topic things but useful information can still be found here. This is not a come and crap on the forum board. If your post on a DIY forum does not serve a purpose for the members here, expect backlash. If you cannot deal with it, go find a teenage discussion forum where meaningless posts don't matter.

*note, i am not implying that the OP was posting "meaningless posts" just simply using the phrase for emphasis.*

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
08-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Forum drama... lol.

Finally, someone who agrees with me! No offense Shadar

Shadar Al'Niende
08-06-2010, 03:59 PM
Finally, someone who agrees with me! No offense Shadar

did you miss my post directly above yours? :confused: or just ignore it...

Crystal Chambers
08-06-2010, 04:01 PM
Lola...lo lo lo lola!

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
08-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Lola...lo lo lo lola!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who knowsthe song Wierd Al used!

Darth Xusia
08-06-2010, 04:06 PM

I believe that was an "I ignored it" Shadar.

Crystal Chambers
08-06-2010, 04:08 PM
I like the original song better.

ARKM
08-06-2010, 04:13 PM
Forum drama... lol.

We like to tease the new people. It makes us feel superior... and it's fun. ;)

Anywho, greetings fellow Oregonian. Welcome to He... the TCSS forums. ;)

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
08-06-2010, 04:17 PM

I read it, I just missunderstood what you were saying is all. My most sincere apologize Shadar

Mazaki
08-06-2010, 05:09 PM
We like to tease the new people. It makes us feel superior... and it's fun. ;)

Anywho, greetings fellow Oregonian. Welcome to He... the TCSS forums. ;)

Oregon buddy! :D Salem reporting it. :cool:

On a forum like this, where information is hard enough for people to find when they want it? Posting needless things IS frustrating... This forum is a DIY forum, whos primary function is to give information to those who would like to learn "how to" do things in this hobby. This Misc board is a bit of a boon for those who would like to post off topic things but useful information can still be found here. This is not a come and crap on the forum board. If your post on a DIY forum does not serve a purpose for the members here, expect backlash. If you cannot deal with it, go find a teenage discussion forum where meaningless posts don't matter.

*note, i am not implying that the OP was posting "meaningless posts" just simply using the phrase for emphasis.*

Isn't posting more information what keeps this forum alive? You know how difficult it is for me to find information that was posted years ago on here? And the search function doesn't help very much at all, as it requires very specific parameters, since most people don't bother to put tags when they start a thread. Refreshing information is good, believe me. I've been a n00b before on many forums, and the one thing that drove me nuts is how I couldn't find nary anything without either searching for hours, or asking. And when I asked, the veterans got pissed.

Believe me, pointless crap like cancer and spam need to die, but this is neither. This is just a newer guy who thought he found something awesome and was showing it to us. He was thinking of the forum the whole time, and no harm was done.

Shadar Al'Niende
08-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Seriously, what is it with majority of forum members raging about a post they've already seen? I mean my goodness, it's not like you're on 4Chan and every other post is spam or *****graphy.

Bear in mind, my post was in response to the above comment, NOT the OP. Thought i made that clear in my post, apparently i did not.

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
08-06-2010, 06:40 PM
Oregon buddy! :D Salem reporting it. :cool:
Believe me, pointless crap like cancer and spam need to die, but this is neither. This is just a newer guy who thought he found something awesome and was showing it to us. He was thinking of the forum the whole time, and no harm was done.

Thank you so much for the support Mazaki.