PDA

View Full Version : Bicycle to Speeder Bike

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
08-04-2010, 10:52 PM
I am planning to take a chopper style bicycle and turn it into a BARC speeder.
Please commentyour opinions and responses!

Archangel
08-04-2010, 11:28 PM
You know I've thought about this as a motorcycle conversion a lot, but I don't own a motorcycle, don't ride motorcycles, but it'd just be really cool to see flying down the freeway.

Crystal Chambers
08-05-2010, 04:24 AM
That would be too cool! That's one of my favourite vehicles in Star Wars and the one Anakin rode to retrieve his mother was really chopper like. Very cool!

JamoUp
08-05-2010, 07:55 AM
I think a motorcycle (with a wider distance between front and back wheels) would work better for a speeder bike than a bicycle. but definitely an interesting project that could have amazingly sweet results.

Crystal Chambers
08-05-2010, 08:14 AM
He said chopper bicycle...if it has the extended spring forks then the wheelbase would be similar.

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
08-05-2010, 08:24 AM
I'm actuall goin to extend the length forthe handle bars to the wheels a bit to make a bit more accurate. Then it's a simple matter of posterboard and coverings. Easy-Peasy.

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
08-05-2010, 08:32 AM
I am also building a light metal frame for the coverings.The frame-and coverings when it's complete- is removeable. It's also designed to be able to turn. Instead of making one straight line, the coverings will end at the handle bars so that it can turn corners.

Crystal Chambers
08-05-2010, 08:34 AM
Doesn't sound too durable...The best way i can think off hand is some type of add on frame with molded sheets of sintra.

Edit...you should edit instead of double posting

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
08-05-2010, 08:56 AM
I already am putting a frame on, then poster core foam board, then sintra, then painting it. And it's all going to be removeable, can turn, and is light so riding it won'tbe too hard. I am also adding the jedi symbol on the back, as well as two equipment packs, much like Harley riding bags. Just no fringe. I hopethe entire project will be done for CV, if i get to go.

Skottsaber
08-05-2010, 09:29 AM
You should put mirrors on the sides, like they did in ANH for the Landspeeder

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
08-05-2010, 09:33 AM
I would,but I wanted to make it as much of a BARC speeder as possible. Which means no mirrors.But thank you for the suggestion tho!