PDA

View Full Version : Hidden blade saber mark ll

E-relivent
07-24-2010, 03:38 AM
So a few months ago I got done playing Assassins Creed 2 and I felt totally inspired to make a lightsaber in the style of the hidden blade weapon from the game. I made a thread for my first hidden saber a while ago but I thought that I gave it such an overhaul, it deserved a new thread.
Instead of having it tied to a leather gauntlet like the last time, I made a leather brace for the saber, and screwed it on to the brace.
This was my first time working with leather, and I must say that I was totally unprepared. But over all I like how it turned out.
It is a simple build of pvc pipe wrapped in chrome tape to give it that shiny look.
It has a red lux 3 powered by 2 AA batteries, and the blade is a 15" thick walled with a bullet tip. I made this saber specifically to duel with, and I think It will serve me well.

Tom Starkiller
07-24-2010, 10:24 AM
Ha haaa!! Brilliant!

Jedi-Loreen
07-24-2010, 11:28 AM
Interesting. Though it doesn't look very comfortable to wear.

But as a leather worker, I have to ask: what did you use to set those rivets, a ball peen hammer? :o Certainly not the proper setting tool. :rolleyes:

:p

E-relivent
07-24-2010, 11:41 AM
Interesting. Though it doesn't look very comfortable to wear.

But as a leather worker, I have to ask: what did you use to set those rivets, a ball peen hammer? :o Certainly not the proper setting tool. :rolleyes:

:p

Haha, thats what I meant by unprepared. I used a pliers to set the rivets, I really need to get the proper tools.

Lord Dottore Matto
07-24-2010, 04:44 PM
It is a cool idea.

Sairon
07-28-2010, 07:51 PM
Intiresting idea looks great. I'd love to see a whole costume come from this.

bk_renesis
08-02-2010, 03:26 AM
Creed Of The Dark Assassins... me likey... will be getting AC2 soon