PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Fan Expo 2010

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
07-22-2010, 10:17 PM
I was originally hoping to go to CV, but it just didn't work out, so I am going to Fan Expo in Toronto instead.

http://www.fanexpocanada.com/

For anyone within driving distance of Toronto, it's definitely worth the trip. It's actually a multi-genre expo, combining Sci-Fi, Anime, Horror, Comics, and Gaming. Lots of cool costumes. The 501st and RL will be there. Tons of exhibitors, Q&A sessions with the guests, autograph area, interesting seminars, and more.

The guest list looks really good this year: http://www.fanexpocanada.com/genre/guest/browse/2#category1

If you are interested in going, buy your tickets online before hand. The lineups to buy tickets on-site are brutal. If you get them online, you bypass the line and walk right in.

Jedi Ranger
07-25-2010, 03:29 PM
Wow! That is quite the guest list!

Too bad about CV, but hope you enjoy Toronto instead!

Maybe some year I'll be able to make it myself!

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
08-11-2010, 07:33 PM
I just thought I would bump this topic for anyone within driving distance of Toronto that didn't see it. We're only a couple of weeks away!

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
08-12-2010, 06:19 AM
Quite the guest list! Chewie, Tom Hodges, Captain Kirk, Dave Ross, Ken Steacy, Ramon Perez, Scott Hepburn, and Amy Pronovost... looks great!

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
08-29-2010, 10:08 PM
I just got home from Fan Expo. I filled two memory cards with photos and video.

I got Peter Mayhew, Michael Dorn, and William Shatner's Q&A sessions on video. I'll post links in the next couple of days. Shatner was hilarious! What a ham!

There were lots of people in costumes. I took lots of pictures. I was happy to see a few sabers from TCSS. The last two years I've been, all I saw were FX sabers. There was a steampunk group there, and they really liked my brass saber.

I had a good chat with a couple of folks from the Rebel Legion, and got some good tips about my Jedi costume. They said it was pretty good, but there are a couple of things I could improve. I'm thinking about submitting an application.

It's late now, and I'm tired, so I'll start posting pictures tomorrow.