PDA

View Full Version : Sith Lightclaws

vamphunterx
07-18-2010, 08:08 PM
I will post better pictures once I can find the charger for my camera

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/picture.php?albumid=204&pictureid=1629http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/picture.php?albumid=204&pictureid=1630http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/picture.php?albumid=204&pictureid=1631

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/picture.php?albumid=204&pictureid=1632http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/picture.php?albumid=204&pictureid=1633

Hello everyone, I'm happy to be able to say that I'm almost finish with one of the craziest projects I've taken up in a while.

Lightclaws, basically a small lightsaber blade on each finger.

I was browsing the internet one day and I stumble across a piece of artwork someone had done(I thought I saved the picture, but I can't find it, but if I do I'll post it and definitely give credit to the creative artist that came up with the idea and inspired me). It had different lightsaber concept weapons and one was lightsaber claws. For some reason when I saw it, I knew I had to make them. And here they are, the start of them at least. They are essentially functionally done, I just have to finish the look of them with some polystyrene segments.

I used Makototsai V2 reds for each finger and the blades are essentially just miniature versions of Ultrasaber's ultrablade design. I used polycarbonate tubing for the blades, capped each one with an acrylic half-sphere with a small piece of foil glued onto it to reflect the light back down the blade, and then wrapped up some cellophane and put it into the blade.

Each LED has a small piece of clear tubing on it that I found at Home Depot that fit like a glove onto the LEDs. It holds the LEDs in place inside the bottom of the blades.

Thank you to Strydur and the TCSS, Makototsai, the wonderful artist(I will find out so that proper credit can be given, even though I doubt these are the first or only lightclaws concept like these around, your artwork did inspire me to make these) that came up with the idea of these lightclaws, and the TCSS community for most of the electrical knowledge that I have.

Jedi-Elf
07-18-2010, 08:32 PM
Wow. Those are pretty cool looking "claws"! Now you have me wondering if something similar would be possible in the style of Wolverine's claws... 8-)

Onli-Won Kanomi
07-18-2010, 09:04 PM
Jedi Elf I had a "SNIKT!" all ready to post too when I saw the title but it turned out to be more more a Freddy Kruger notion...still VERY cool and BRAVO VampHunterX. Wondering though where the batteries are?

cannibal869
07-18-2010, 09:09 PM
Haha those are actually kinda cool!
I was thinking of lightsaber claws that lit up, but your version is pretty neat too!

Caine Drathul
07-18-2010, 10:04 PM
If Freddy Krueger was a Sith....;)

Pretty cool idea...very creative.

ARKM
07-18-2010, 10:09 PM
That's pretty cool.

Lord Dottore Matto
07-19-2010, 11:19 AM
I must disagree...I can find no reference to anyone ever doing these before...I believe that You are the first! Very well done, Bravo!!

FenderBender
07-19-2010, 11:57 AM
I think he was referring to an actual "art" or drawing/painting rather than "prop". I have never seen the concept art, but this execution is cool. Nice job!

vamphunterx
07-19-2010, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the comments guys

Wow. Those are pretty cool looking "claws"! Now you have me wondering if something similar would be possible in the style of Wolverine's claws... 8-)

Lol, you'll just have to wait and see ;-)

Wondering though where the batteries are?
They are on my forearm

E-relivent
07-19-2010, 08:24 PM
That is just out of control awesome!

dj2rbo
07-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Nice!!!

HepatitvsJ
07-20-2010, 11:22 AM
very cool. reminds me of the "force lightning" glove I hope to make someday.

it's basically a glove that shoots harmless tesla lightning during a darkened lightsabre performance so my sith can look a little more bad@ss. gotta keep practicing the spinning and other tutorials for now though, I don't even know if the glove is possible. (let alone legal. :) )

vamphunterx
07-20-2010, 01:54 PM

it's basically a glove that shoots harmless tesla lightning during a darkened lightsabre performance so my sith can look a little more bad@ss. gotta keep practicing the spinning and other tutorials for now though, I don't even know if the glove is possible. (let alone legal. :) )

Wow that sounds awesome. I had thought about making a force lightning thing with some strands of blue EL wire and a sequencer

mihunai
07-21-2010, 02:27 AM

I had a thought like that...
Only with a tazer and a Cool White LED flashing from the palm....

But your idea sounds cool too :p
Not sure how 'harmless' tesla lightning is though....

/////////

Anyway, those are some awesome looking Claws!
All you need to do now, is make it more Droid-like(?) as
to provide the technical plausibility.

But keep it up.

mTm

HepatitvsJ
07-21-2010, 06:40 AM
@ mihunai...lol that's my point. I'm barely competent to wire an mhs up with tutorials, though I can't get a sound board done yet, let alone figure out how to project lightning a few feet with only what I can wear on my body, that wouldn't interfere with the rest of the sabre performance, and it has to appear to come from my hand. basically I'm just going to keep learning lightsabre moves and file this away as "someday" but if anyone knows of any way to do this or even start to figure out a way I would love to hear it. then maybe in a few years I can get with some people and finally get whats in my head on the stage.

I like your taser idea...I assume your idea involves no actual electricity just a taser shooting the led(?) wires and then lighting them up? best idea I've heard so for.

Kasdarack
07-21-2010, 10:37 PM
That's a really neat idea. Makes for a unique and very Sith offhand weapon. It would be cool to make one of these with a sound board in the gauntlet, maybe with a higher pitched soundfont and on a super-sensitive setting...

I dig it.

Cern
07-22-2010, 12:59 PM
It wouldn't have been this drawing by any chance?

vamphunterx
07-22-2010, 04:06 PM
It wouldn't have been this drawing by any chance?

No thats not it, but that is pretty cool

noslenpar
07-23-2010, 06:15 AM
cool idea.

All you need to do now, is make it more Droid-like(?) as
to provide the technical plausibility.mTm

Yeah, I was just thinking about that, maybe using some small diameter metal tubing to make articulated metal overlays over the fingers, a sort of finger armor or those full finger rings they sell.

or attach them to this thing:

http://www.performancecyclecenter.com/cart/shopexd.asp?id=991

for a gaudy sith look.

Darth Enab
07-23-2010, 03:15 PM
If that were real, it would suck if you closed your hand. Cool, though. 8-) Never would thought of that.

vamphunterx
08-12-2010, 02:08 AM
If that were real, it would suck if you closed your hand.
I think you probably wouldn't close your hand with them on, just turn the lightsaber blades off.

This was made as more of a last resort weapon or torture device for a Sith.

I finally found the artwork that inspired my lightclaws, I still don't know the name of the artist.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/picture.php?albumid=204&pictureid=1777

noslenpar
08-13-2010, 04:36 AM
Cool, Looks like a sith metal band. Sith version of Slipknot.

Darth Xusia
08-13-2010, 08:46 AM
Wouldn't that be "Sithknot"?
Sorry... couldn't resist. :D