PDA

View Full Version : How to reboot Star Wars

ecko
07-13-2010, 06:58 AM
This so would not happen, but it's a fun read.

http://www.totalfilm.com/features/how-to-reboot-star-wars

Sidd
07-13-2010, 07:09 AM
This so would not happen, but it's a fun read.

http://www.totalfilm.com/features/how-to-reboot-star-wars

Thats actually one of the worse ideas I have seen in a long time.

If Lucas were to even consider doing something like that, I will be the first one in line passing out the torches and pitchforks.

yell0w_lantern
07-13-2010, 07:43 AM
Hmm. Interesting. I'm surprised they didn't channel some of that new battlestar Galactica and make Han Solo a woman. Having a man and a woman both interested in Leia would add a real modern edge to it. :rolleyes:

[AFTERTHOUGHT]
Sort of a Broke Back Space Mountain

Nineteen
07-13-2010, 07:12 PM
I'd probably freak if this happened...

Sunrider
07-13-2010, 07:26 PM
Figures, I thought it would be cool to continue the storyline with MJ & Luke & new order but hollywood is only into remakes.:(

jin starkiller
07-13-2010, 08:09 PM
Figures, I thought it would be cool to continue the storyline with MJ & Luke & new order but hollywood is only into remakes.:(

just like you said .... hollywood only wants to remake the orig trilogy ...they just need to get it into gear and make something original like what came after rotj

Skottsaber
07-14-2010, 09:59 AM
Given I wasn't around for any of the OT's releases, and the first SW movie I saw in the Cinema was AoTC, I agree that it would TOTALLY ruin everything if they remade ANH.

Hey, Sidd, got any space in your Angry Mob stall?

Tahm
07-14-2010, 05:10 PM
That would be the worst idea in Hollywood history. I agree with Starkiller if they're going to make any more movies they should film what comes after ROTJ. (I suggest the fall of Jacen Solo) Just my 00.2.

sekrogue1985
07-14-2010, 05:59 PM
If that were to ever happen I'd drop a bomb on the planet.

Obi-Ben
07-14-2010, 06:18 PM
You know what is the worst thing about that fluff "article"? That they cut it up into 20 pages with twenty clicks and twenty page loads. Way to annoy the user as always, totalfilm.com.

Archangel
07-15-2010, 04:32 AM
Screw a Star Wars reboot, it's too horrible to think about anyways. What I want to see is an Old Republic trilogy! That is a GREAT story and there's no reason why Lucas shouldn't wanna get all over something like that.

The Grey Elf
07-16-2010, 08:21 AM
Um...guys?

You do realize this is a joke, right?

Sunrider
07-16-2010, 08:48 AM
Well as much as hollywood is into doing remakes rather than new movies..

Is it really only a joke? ;)

Darth Lars
07-16-2010, 08:51 AM
Of course it is just a stupid joke. Each page is more improbable than the previous.

In my opinion, only the Prequel Trilogy needs to be rebooted... :p

Sunrider
07-16-2010, 09:07 AM
In my opinion, only the Prequel Trilogy needs to be rebooted...

Ha, true dat :)

Endymion
07-16-2010, 09:18 AM
Screw a Star Wars reboot, it's too horrible to think about anyways. What I want to see is an Old Republic trilogy! That is a GREAT story and there's no reason why Lucas shouldn't wanna get all over something like that.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

ecko
07-16-2010, 10:23 AM
Well as much as hollywood is into doing remakes rather than new movies..

In a money making sense, you can't blame Hollywood for wanting to go with a remake.
You take an already good story and substitute popular modern actors = guaranteed success. (Where success is making a profit.)

In some ways I prefer to see how they modernize a story, rather than them trying to pawn off a "new" idea. (Can we say Avatar?)

But when it comes to Star Wars, if this were in any sense real, it would just be too soon. Maybe in a few decades when they again try to draw in the next generation. In that situation, as many people have already stated, there are better stories to visually tell.

Sunrider
07-16-2010, 11:14 AM
I think it's a bigger problem that remakes focus less on conveying the story better, (which SW OT is good at). And more on effects, dumbing down humor, and targeting a juvenile audience. ie PT, Transformers ect.

RuleOfTwo
07-20-2010, 02:13 PM
Even though it was a joke, reading that made me ill. On the bright side, the Star Wars franchise is basically a license to print money, so a new film in the future is almost a guarantee. Let's just hope they leave the good stuff alone.

Dominious
07-20-2010, 06:41 PM
Well given the huge success that was made with "Wicked" by retelling an old story from a vastly different perspective. I suggest making the Karen Traviss series and tell the prequel story from the POV of the Clones. That gives four books worth of good story and film opportunity. And lets people see that Jango and Boba are not the norm for Mandolorians.