PDA

View Full Version : 2010 hasbro lightsaber arrived in Oz finally!!!

bk_renesis
07-13-2010, 04:56 AM
Finally the 2010 hasbro lightsaber has arrived in Oz!! $28 from Target finally some decent sound... Sloda time to order more MHS sabers can't wait!!!

oobie doobie kedoobie
07-13-2010, 05:42 PM
Alright since you mention this how would you personally dismantle the saber and take the blade that it comes with out? without destroying the whole saber

Jordandau
07-13-2010, 07:12 PM
You just gotta tear into it. The best way is to cut down the sides towards the blade a bit, then pry it apart.

oobie doobie kedoobie
07-13-2010, 07:32 PM
alright cool do you reckon i could slip a good blade down in there and hold it in with a few screws?

bk_renesis
07-14-2010, 12:56 AM
You probably could but the LEDs are not the best I done a similar thing with a darth vader torch but replaced the led just as a display piece...

On tearing it apart there are a few good tutorials on the forums regarding teardown and rewiring to utilize the soundcard in a custom hilt.

Sloda Foade
07-14-2010, 04:35 AM
Hi BK, yes I just bought one, but as I don't have a new saber to put it in yet, it is sitting in the cupboard. I do like the new sounds, and the swing response is great. Funds are still tight at present so I won't be ordering any MHS parts as yet. Doing tax return in the next few weeks and should get some back as I got just over 1/2 my salary this year and have been paying tax on the full amount. If I get a reasonable return, I'll order the parts for War Machine and the Obi 2010 board will go in it.

bk_renesis
07-14-2010, 04:50 AM
Correction on my behalf... The "toy sale" starts on the 22nd... They will be reduced to $28 as of then...

I purchased mine on eBay for $50 and going pick up two more during the sale...

Ripped it apart replaced the swing clash and speaker with TCSS items.

Need to get my regulator and transistor and I can start on the rebuild of my mhs saber...

Putting the green goblin in my sith samurai...

Also looking to build an mhs obiwan...

I love this hobby!!!!

oobie doobie kedoobie
07-14-2010, 10:14 AM
You probably could but the LEDs are not the best I done a similar thing with a darth vader torch but replaced the led just as a display piece...

On tearing it apart there are a few good tutorials on the forums regarding teardown and rewiring to utilize the soundcard in a custom hilt.

ya well i'll definitely try it out and i read through those forums and got some good ideas. You just unsautered the LED's and replaced em with some red ones right? if so where did you find the colored LED's?

Skottsaber
07-14-2010, 12:28 PM
alright cool do you reckon i could slip a good blade down in there and hold it in with a few screws?

Why would you want to do that? All you've done is put a thinner blade in it, so you'd have to shim it in some way. And holding a blade in by using screws into the weak plastic they use for these sabers will not hold.

Unless I was REALLY cheap I wouldn't even consider it.

bk_renesis
07-14-2010, 02:58 PM
No I actually gutted the internals, added a reed relay to the soundboard and jammed some PVC in there to hold the dooku fx blade that I was no longer using. Along with the lens and led it just looks really good but it will be tossed in the bin when I get my fx vader.

It's still very flimsy and is only a display piece in my theatre room.

My advice to you build a PVC saber, save up build a sinktube saber, save up build an mhs saber and by then you'll be pretty much hooked....

Good luck and may the DARKSIDE guide you...

oobie doobie kedoobie
07-14-2010, 07:30 PM
Ya bk i was kinda thinking along those lines of building a PVC saber first and then so on...and Skottsaber i'm actually pretty cheap right now haha but i just want to try it out and see what happens and if it goes awry then i'll just take the sound board out and fit it into the PVC one i'm trying to make

Shineytx4490
07-20-2010, 03:05 PM
Crap, I got a bunch of them [3 Darths/2 Obi/2 Anakin] for $35 each.. I could have got an extra one had I waited.. grr

Ronan
08-09-2010, 03:42 PM
I got my 2010 anaking hasbro for $25 in NY. Took it apart and went 'wtf' that doesn't look like anything i have seen on the tuts.

It's sitting on my desk right now, until i figure out how to combine it with my SEOULP4 kit.

Arkhan
08-10-2010, 07:07 AM
a couple of pictures posted here, of your board, would probably help us help you

Ronan
08-10-2010, 01:39 PM
a couple of pictures posted here, of your board, would probably help us help you

Yupp, i fully intend in making a post as soon i get around to working on it, to seek the knowledge and experience of the members!

MooseStuff
08-12-2010, 12:40 PM
I got my 2010 anaking hasbro for $25 in NY. Took it apart and went 'wtf' that doesn't look like anything i have seen on the tuts.

It's sitting on my desk right now, until i figure out how to combine it with my SEOULP4 kit.

The Anakin and Vader 2010 boards are different than the Obi boards (i don't know what the Yoda ones look like) Just check out the thread for 2010 w/dvd and you should find everything you need.

Ronan
08-14-2010, 03:46 PM
The Anakin and Vader 2010 boards are different than the Obi boards (i don't know what the Yoda ones look like) Just check out the thread for 2010 w/dvd and you should find everything you need.

Yes going through it. I'm told the vader one, althought similar to the anakin one, is different enough.

I'll probably post something and wait for someone with more experience to chim in. I don't feel like burning a board and having to go buy another one :P

I'm also searching for another soundboard for my graflex build. Too bad ultrasound boards are sold out :(

Jedi-Elf
08-14-2010, 09:14 PM
I haven't seen anyone mention the Mace Windu version of these sabers yet and what the soundboard is like from that one. Of course I've never seen the Mace in stores, just on the back of the box for the others.

Skottsaber
08-15-2010, 02:24 AM
I believe that the Mace is a force action. But I could be mistaken.

Jedi-Elf
08-15-2010, 01:27 PM
Maybe, but I'm sure I have seen a Mace Windu saber on the back of the box for these new ones, so I thought it must be part of the new line too.