PDA

View Full Version : LDM's 2010 Virtual Workshop Tour

Lord Dottore Matto
07-11-2010, 09:54 PM
Many of you remember the last virtual tour of my workshop. It spawned a great deal of discussion. Well, that was 2008 and this is now...enjoy:mrgreen::

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll317/drdicarlo/th_100_4820.jpg (http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/ll317/drdicarlo/?action=view&current=100_4820.mp4)

Jay-gon Jinn
07-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Very nice workplace you've there, LDM! Looks much more organized than mine does right now! ;)

Lord Dottore Matto
07-11-2010, 10:26 PM
Very nice workplace you've there, LDM! Looks much more organized than mine does right now! ;)

...and I didn't even clean it for the video or anything :lol: (actually, I clean it between projects;))

on a more serious note, thanks Jay :mrgreen:

Sunrider
07-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Wow nice shop. You do have a "few" parts. How do you keep it that clean?

Lord Dottore Matto
07-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Wow nice shop. You do have a "few" parts. How do you keep it that clean?

It varies some, but I clean it between projects. I also periodically reorganize if I think it will allow me to work more efficiently.:mrgreen:

ARKM
07-11-2010, 11:12 PM
Dang dude. You have a lot of saber stuff. Impressive. Most impressive.

Nice car too. I'd prefer an '81 or '82 myself. Metal T-top, not glass... with your modern engine though.

JamoUp
07-12-2010, 04:45 AM
"you guys like MR2's" lol

nice work shop. What all do you use the belt sander for that it is so important? You have so much stuff I'd think it would be hard to keep track! where's the motorcycle?

Skottsaber
07-12-2010, 05:30 AM
Funny how it has a Reserved Parking for you at HarkMammil's workstation. I guess that gives you permission to watch him lol

Crystal Chambers
07-12-2010, 05:44 AM
Wow...that's a lot of saber parts. I try to order a few extras of certain parts just in case but nothing even near all that. You say anywhere from 1-9 graflex. I could count them for you! Although my count may fall short anywhere from 1-8....lol

Invisas1979
07-12-2010, 06:32 AM
Ha ha ha MR2. I had one of them, but I was a turbo version with a list of mods an arms lenght, at plus 350bhp it was very much a mans car.

Cool shop LDM, I'm utterly jealous.

Wish I could make sabers for a living, hell I wish I could make sabers full stop. ;)

sekrogue1985
07-12-2010, 08:33 AM
NICE LDM nice! you forgot to show off where the black mat is...or even announce it's presence. aahaha

Jedi-Loreen
07-12-2010, 12:41 PM
It was there, at about 4:04, as he's swinging the camera around to show his work table/storage area in the middle of the garage.

cardcollector
07-12-2010, 04:16 PM
I've said it once, I'll say it again- You are blessed.:cool:

Exactly how many sabers do you have in that garage?

You need to sell that corevette and get a '68 Stingray!

Caine Drathul
07-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Haha, you should see this place, folks...the video does it no justice, although I am impressed on how clean and orderly everything is.

Now, about those weights...VERY hard to run around when a crazed body building black mat freak is after you with a blowtorch and Nova's Flange saber!

BTW, I see my own box is still there :mrgreen:

Lord Dottore Matto
07-12-2010, 05:08 PM
"you guys like MR2's" lol

nice work shop. What all do you use the belt sander for that it is so important? You have so much stuff I'd think it would be hard to keep track! where's the motorcycle?

The motorcycle turned into a lathe ;) The easier question would be "what do I not use the belt sander for?" Part not fit quite right? Belt sander. Cut a piece of metal. Belt sander. Blade too big to fit your BH? Belt sander (Or bore the BH on the lathe). Cut a screw? Belt sander...I could go on :lol:

Funny how it has a Reserved Parking for you at HarkMammil's workstation. I guess that gives you permission to watch him lol

HE needs to be watched, lol.

NICE LDM nice! you forgot to show off where the black mat is...or even announce it's presence. aahaha

Nooooooooooooooooooo...How could i forget that! Y'all know where it is ;)

I've said it once, I'll say it again- You are blessed.:cool:

Exactly how many sabers do you have in that garage?

You need to sell that corevette and get a '68 Stingray!

I have at least 100 sabers in my stock at all times ;)

'67. But I'd need another $100K. That ZO6 is one of the 10 fastest production cars on Earth. Believe me when i say, it is more than I imagined. the fit and finish is perfect. I agree with everyone that says the seats need more support though...especially at 1G ;) .. .and I can't even express how fast 3.6 seconds to 60 is. A ZR-1 and 911 Turbo are quicker, but I can't imagine it is noticeable (yikes)...I need ot get out to the track.;)

Haha, you should see this place, folks...the video does it no justice, although I am impressed on how clean and orderly everything is.

BTW, I see my own box is still there :mrgreen:

Well, one of your sabers always seems to be here so I just have apermanent drawer for you. The USPS has a designated "I mess with Caine's sabers and am electronically incompetent" employee too. :lol:

Ha ha ha MR2. I had one of them, but I was a turbo version with a list of mods an arms lenght, at plus 350bhp it was very much a mans car.

Cool shop LDM, I'm utterly jealous.

Wish I could make sabers for a living, hell I wish I could make sabers full stop. ;)

I could deal with 3-fiddy. Maybe I should have said Miatas or Prius'. :lol:

BTW, Sabers are just my second job ;)

Treadingwolf
07-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Very nice shop man! I am GREEN with envy. I have to search for everything all the time in my garage. lol.

sekrogue1985
07-12-2010, 06:33 PM
i'd like a shop like that sadly instead i have an office filly with toys and what not....yeah however fenrir sits front in center over the computer

Lord Dottore Matto
07-12-2010, 08:55 PM
Very nice shop man! I am GREEN with envy. I have to search for everything all the time in my garage. lol.

I spend so much time there, that it has to be clean or i would lose my mind ;)

Crystal Chambers
07-13-2010, 04:35 AM
It actually looks like I have more tools at my disposal...of course no where near as many sabers.

That lathe looks pretty nice though! That's the next big tool I want.

Skottsaber
07-14-2010, 10:13 AM
Hey LDM. Wanting to just give the shop that 1 final touch?

TRY THIS! (http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?topcatID=1300264;product_id=1321426) :D

Lord Dottore Matto
07-14-2010, 11:06 PM
Hey LDM. Wanting to just give the shop that 1 final touch?

TRY THIS! (http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?topcatID=1300264;product_id=1321426) :D

Somehow that does not quite fit...:lol:

@Crystal, I always forget to show things. Left out the Powdercoating station, Oven, Compressor, and Miter Saw. Not much else to have other than a Mill. ;)

also left out the Black Mat!:shock:

Crystal Chambers
07-15-2010, 04:13 AM
tisk tisk... of all things the infamous black mat. If you ever set-up at an event you need to display on one..lol...maybe a counter top version.

Well like the motorcycle turned into a lathe, that corvette could probably get you a mill, a CNC machine and what ever serious machining tools you might want..lol I have no idea what any of these items are valued at....except maybe a lathe.

Skottsaber
07-15-2010, 09:11 AM
the infamous black mat

I wonder how much a section would fetch in an auction? :rolleyes:

Lord Dottore Matto
07-15-2010, 09:19 PM
tisk tisk... of all things the infamous black mat. If you ever set-up at an event you need to display on one..lol...maybe a counter top version.

Well like the motorcycle turned into a lathe, that corvette could probably get you a mill, a CNC machine and what ever serious machining tools you might want..lol I have no idea what any of these items are valued at....except maybe a lathe.

I could buy Acerocket's shop if I sold the ZO6, but I love her more than sabers :lol:

@Skottsaber- maybe I will auction a piece off for charity as we near Christmas time...;)

Crystal Chambers
07-16-2010, 06:56 AM
Since I'm not really into cars I totally would but I can certainly understand your attachment.

Lord Dottore Matto
07-16-2010, 10:47 PM
Since I'm not really into cars I totally would but I can certainly understand your attachment.

LOL, only a Corvette guy (like the dude I met and talked to in a restaurant for an hour tonight...sent my family home while I hung out, lol) can understand ;)

Jedi-Loreen
07-17-2010, 12:38 AM
You have a lot more equipment since I saw your shop last year. I don't think you'd started powder coating yet.

Lord Dottore Matto
07-17-2010, 10:41 PM
You have a lot more equipment since I saw your shop last year. I don't think you'd started powder coating yet.

I do my PC-ing outside. Hate all the powder getting all over the garage...errrrrrr...shop ;)