PDA

View Full Version : My Jedi costume

Ki-Djowac
07-07-2010, 12:56 PM
Hello folks,
just thought i'd share my jedi costume with everyone here. Recently got accepted as a RL member BENELUX with it.:cool:

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=4723&bu=%2Fbase.php%3Fb%3D21&bl=Benelux+Base+members

The pics on the profile are clickable for a closer look.

Any thoughts, feel free to share.

I did not make the costume, but it took me about a year to search the web and get all the "parts" together and modify everything where it needed to be modified to fit my size.

Jedi-Loreen
07-07-2010, 02:10 PM
Congratulations! :)

Now you should go sign up for the KJO Detachment (Knights of the Jedi Order). ;)

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12290 (http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12290)

Invisas1979
07-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Come on dude that's a nice costume you got there, give us a bit more than that.

A years searching and getting together bits.

Did you get a pattern, what is the material, did you have to dye the fabrics.

Some pics other than the rebel legion too please.

Shadar Al'Niende
07-07-2010, 07:48 PM
Congratulations, waiting for a few more sabers before buying my stuff for the RL. I really like your belt and pouches, feel like sharing any tips? ;)

Ki-Djowac
07-07-2010, 10:24 PM
Come on dude that's a nice costume you got there, give us a bit more than that.

A years searching and getting together bits.

Did you get a pattern, what is the material, did you have to dye the fabrics.

Some pics other than the rebel legion too please.

I'll clarify what i mean by "i did not make" and "parts". Not sure if it's allowed here, but here goes :

- the boots came from "motorcowboys" but were way too big for me so i had them refitted by a local leatherworker i was lucky to find.

- The tunic and undershirt came from "corellian imports" and was modified here and there by my mother in law who has the necessary equipment and knowledge to do that stuff.

- the belt with pouches i got off e-bay a long time ago.

- Covertec clip also e-bay at the time. I was not aware that TCSS carried those too at the time.
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Covertec-Clip-P117.aspx

- The pants were a look around at the local clothing stores to find the right one. Was very lucky with the pants since it was 70% off. :D

- The food capsules were also from "corellian imports" which were offered to me as a gift for the very long turnaround time.

- The cape i got is the one from rubies "super deluxe hooded jedi robe" which was modified again to fit my size. This one was only available in "one size fits all".

- The saber i used is 100% TCSS parts.

I'll see what other pics i got from my "photo session" and upload those this evening.

Rafalema
07-07-2010, 10:31 PM
This is from the rebel legion site:

Member: Ki-Djowac
Active Legion Member
Benelux Base
Character Name: Ki-Djowac
Costume Type: Old Republic Jedi
Formal/Canon
Species: Human

Lightsabre Color:
Cyan

Character/Costume Description

Jedi costume inspired by Obi-Wan Kenobi.

:confused::confused: Why?!? Sounds so... ignorant.. :confused::confused:

Oh and your costume is cool. :D

Skottsaber
07-08-2010, 05:42 AM
Is it just me or is that the saber from a MHS tutorial video I saw on youtube...

Ki-Djowac
07-08-2010, 10:13 PM
@ Jedi-Loreen : nice idea. Still have lots of reading to do though. The RL CO benelux and XO have been a real help in getting me to join.

@ skottsaber : that is the saber from the MHS build video. I'm the "builder" and made those video's.

cannibal869
07-09-2010, 11:39 AM
NICE costume there! I really like how it reflects your white saber blade

Ki-Djowac
07-09-2010, 01:12 PM
Thanks, but the people at rebel legion are actually responsible for that. They photoshop the photo you submit for your profile. the color when lit of my saber is actually cyan.

For those interested in full views of my outfit, i've added 3 more photo's on my rebel legion profile.
http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=4723&bu=profile.php%3Fmode%3Dviewprofile%26u%3D8123&bl=Back+to+Ki-Djowac%27s+profile

DragonStar
07-09-2010, 04:03 PM
Always nice to see another Jedi in the RL. I agree with J-Lo, sign up[ for the KJO. *waves hand*

cannibal869
07-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Thanks, but the people at rebel legion are actually responsible for that. They photoshop the photo you submit for your profile. the color when lit of my saber is actually cyan.

what the... :confused::-?

DragonStar
07-10-2010, 12:39 PM
:confused::confused: Why?!? Sounds so... ignorant.. :confused::confused:

Oh and your costume is cool. :D

What sounds ignorant?

Jedi-Loreen
07-10-2010, 01:17 PM
I think he means the fact that it says in his profile that the lightsaber (blade) color is cyan, but whoever Photoshopped it made it look white, instead.

Et Kin Evenstar
07-10-2010, 02:31 PM
I think they actually were questioning the spelling of lightSABRE as opposed to SABER? Isn't that why they made that font red in their response?

Jedi-Loreen
07-10-2010, 05:12 PM
You could be right, I wasn't paying attention to that.

Then maybe it's ignorant on Rafalema's part, since either spelling is correct, depending on what country you're from.

I don't think people can't expect everyone to spell it lightsaber, just because the originator, George Lucas is from the US.

Ki-Djowac
07-11-2010, 12:45 AM
I think he means the fact that it says in his profile that the lightsaber (blade) color is cyan, but whoever Photoshopped it made it look white, instead.

On my part : i did not have the blade lit when submitting this photo. Not sure if that was the issue. In any case, i do not mind it that much.

Anyways, had some fun with photoshop myself yesterday, here's the result :

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4096/4780955092_c2e33e02bf_b.jpg

Skottsaber
07-11-2010, 01:32 AM
I like it (the picture), but to make it awesome you should have been looking him right in the eye, and also (not your fault) you're the only one not wearing some kind of battle armour.