PDA

View Full Version : Master Replicas LED Change

Darth Dastardly
07-04-2010, 01:22 PM
Hello, please could someone tell me if i was to change a Luke LED strip with a Vader LED strip would the Luke now be red instead of blue. I know this sounds like a dumb dumb question, but im a NOOB! :)

Rafalema
07-04-2010, 01:41 PM
No point really. Just convert it with blue LED.

Darth Dastardly
07-04-2010, 02:06 PM
No point really. Just convert it with blue LED.

OK, I shall just ignore that one, now can you please answer the question if its not too much trouble. Sorry, its just that i sell bits on ebay and someone wants to buy an LED strip from me, so will this work? :)

Rhyen Skytracker
07-04-2010, 02:39 PM
Yes, the Luke would be red if you swapped it with a Vader strip. On the strip LEDs the color is in the LEDs theirselves.

Darth Dastardly
07-04-2010, 02:48 PM
8)
Yes, the Luke would be red if you swapped it with a Vader strip. On the strip LEDs the color is in the LEDs theirselves.

I appreciate that, i just wasnt sure if the colour had something to do with the electronics somewhere else. :-)

Onli-Won Kanomi
07-04-2010, 07:43 PM
Rhyen is right the colour is in the LEDs on MRs but FYI there is one exception in the MR Mace Windu which doesnt use purple LEDs but a coloured filter to attempt to create the purple hue...which is one reason its more of a wimpy mauve/lavender bluish in some of them.

Rhyen Skytracker
07-04-2010, 08:00 PM
I have never had or seen a Mace in person and was wondering how they made it purple. Thanks for the info.

Rafalema
07-05-2010, 12:31 AM
Well sorry if I somehow insulted you.

Personally I see no point in it. LED (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Seoul-P4--P306.aspx) Conversion is little bit more expensive, but more brighter, can withstand much more dueling, and I bet it's easier than switching the LED strip.

Currently there is no conversion kit for the luke ANH/ESB whichever it is, but with the Luke ROTJ Conversion kit (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MR-FX-Luke-ROTJ-conversion-kit-P243.aspx) and a little bit of creativity you can do it.

Darth Dastardly
07-05-2010, 02:49 AM
I have never had or seen a Mace in person and was wondering how they made it purple. Thanks for the info.

Hello Rhyen, the mace windu has a blue LED strip inside which is a little duller than the rest, the strip is put inside a red plastic tube and then put inside the blade. This gives the effect of purple, Red and Blue= Purple :)

Well sorry if I somehow insulted you.

Personally I see no point in it. LED (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Seoul-P4--P306.aspx) Conversion is little bit more expensive, but more brighter, can withstand much more dueling, and I bet it's easier than switching the LED strip.

Currently there is no conversion kit for the luke ANH/ESB whichever it is, but with the Luke ROTJ Conversion kit (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MR-FX-Luke-ROTJ-conversion-kit-P243.aspx) and a little bit of creativity you can do it.

No offence taken mate, sorry for being a bit sharp, i just need the tenner from the LED strip asap :)
The guy who bought it off me just wants his LEDs red instead of blue, just for show i would imagine. I have just realised something mind, the LED strip i sold doesnt have the clash sensor attached so he might need to do some modification there somewhere? Any ideas or feedback much appreciated. Matt :)

cardcollector
07-05-2010, 07:00 AM
I will second what rafelma said- convert the saber to the color the "guy" wants.

Try asking him- give the perks, the little extra $$$, and the duelability factor...

See what he says.

Darth Dastardly
07-05-2010, 07:56 AM
I will second what rafelma said- convert the saber to the color the "guy" wants.

Try asking him- give the perks, the little extra $$$, and the duelability factor...

See what he says.

Too late mate, i already sold him the LED strip for a tenner, its up to him what he wants to do. Im not going to give him the hard sell on a Luxion or the likes, its of no advantage to me anyways? So a bit pointless really :)

Rafalema
07-05-2010, 08:21 AM

See what he says.

Who's rafaelma? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Shadar Al'Niende
07-05-2010, 08:58 AM
Who's rafaelma? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

that is what you get for having a hard name to pronounce, you and Mihunai (see? i don't even know if i spelled that right... lol)

Jedi-Loreen
07-05-2010, 12:05 PM
DD, please use the Mulit-Quote buttons next time so that you can avoid double posting.

To use them, just click the little ""+" buttons at the bottom of each post you want to quote, then click "Post Reply" and your quotes will all be in your post, and you can respond to them all at once in a single post. ;)

Thanks. :)

Darth Dastardly
07-07-2010, 06:22 AM
DD, please use the Mulit-Quote buttons next time so that you can avoid double posting.

To use them, just click the little ""+" buttons at the bottom of each post you want to quote, then click "Post Reply" and your quotes will all be in your post, and you can respond to them all at once in a single post. ;)

Thanks. :)

Look, i know this might sound silly JL but..........wait for it...........what exactly is double posting:?

Jonitus
07-07-2010, 06:25 AM
Look, i know this might sound silly JL but..........wait for it...........what exactly is double posting:?

Double posting is where there are two replies to a thread from the same person back-to-back. Your posts timestamped 4:49am and 4:55am are the example of double posting in this thread.

Darth Dastardly
07-07-2010, 09:02 AM
Double posting is where there are two replies to a thread from the same person back-to-back. Your posts timestamped 4:49am and 4:55am are the example of double posting in this thread.

I see, thanks for that Jonitus. Im a naughty boy :grin:
By the way would you explain to me how i send a PM? Thanks :)

Shadar Al'Niende
07-07-2010, 09:09 AM
I see, thanks for that Jonitus. Im a naughty boy :grin:
By the way would you explain to me how i send a PM? Thanks :)

Got a really good link some guy wrote up on that... http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=10125

Check it out ;)

Darth Dastardly
07-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Got a really good link some guy wrote up on that... http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=10125

Check it out ;)

Much appreciated :)

Obi-Ben
07-12-2010, 11:35 AM
Some forums I post to automatically merge back-to-back posts from the same user. Maybe the software here has that function and it just needs to be enabled?

Lord Maul
07-12-2010, 12:52 PM
I'm that software :p

Double post has been taken care of. Listen to the others, they explained it well

CAndyman
02-14-2011, 11:47 PM
I've got a similar question, I'm looking to replace the LED strip in an Anakin Blue MR FX saber with a red LED strip. I don't care about dueling or conversion I just have the core components out of the hilt and am installing them in a custom saber and I am looking for a plug-&-play solution for now as I already have my hands full with other areas of my costume and really don't want to have to research sabers too just to change the color if there is a way to simply swap strips.

So, does anyone know what LED strips might be interchangeable and where to get one?

Skottsaber
02-15-2011, 12:23 AM
Unfortunately if you want to do it yourself, you are going to have to do some research.
You pretty much have 2 choices, either build a red LED string from scratch for your custom (recommended for brightness/durability), or somehow track down a red string from an MR, but that is probably no mean feat, short of gutting a new saber.

CAndyman
02-15-2011, 12:48 AM
Unfortunately if you want to do it yourself, you are going to have to do some research.
You pretty much have 2 choices, either build a red LED string from scratch for your custom (recommended for brightness/durability), or somehow track down a red string from an MR, but that is probably no mean feat, short of gutting a new saber.

That's what I was afraid of, thanks for the quick reply. Any suggestions on where to look for a cheap and easy conversion kit for this saber?

Jedi-Loreen
02-15-2011, 12:05 PM
Or, make an account at FX-Sabers and see if anyone who does FX conversions has any red LED strips they are willing to sell you. It's not unheard of to find one.

CAndyman
02-15-2011, 12:13 PM
Or, make an account at FX-Sabers and see if anyone who does FX conversions has any red LED strips they are willing to sell you. It's not unheard of to find one.

Thank you! With all of the other stuff I'm working on right now, I'll take a long-shot over time and cost this time if I can. :)