PDA

View Full Version : Seperate amp card.

vctrsone
07-01-2010, 04:17 AM
heyas ive blownmy amp circuit on my 2010 vader sound board so im wiring in an amp board from inside a portable mp3 player speaker box (its very small fits in the palm of your hand)

the speaker is also 0.5w and very load so thats replacing the old speaker in the saber.

so im just going to put the sound from the vader board into the amp (theres still sound coming out just extremely quiet)
maybe a volume switch in the line to the speaker too.

now the really hard part....figuring out how I fit yet another card into my 1" saber.......

this will be one LOUD saber when i get it going lol the speaker box was annoying loud when my gf used to use it lol

Skottsaber
07-01-2010, 05:45 AM
Is there actually a question?

If you want to know how to wire it I doubt many people could help you, as wiring amplifier circuits from mpeg-3 players isn't something commonly done in sabers.

You could try and look yourself for wires, but I doubt even I could work it out with a fairly decent understanding of electronics.

I think you have 2 options.

1) Just buy a new board. I reccommend the Obi-Wan. What is it? $15?
2) You could try contacting somebody who does soundboard repair, like Zook. They may have a component(s) that could help you out.

vctrsone
07-01-2010, 03:26 PM
haha well it was just a plug in speaker box with a simple amp circuit had no trouble wiring it and she went, so for all of those wondering if you can do it..yes you can..

then i stuffed up by conecting my new tip42 transistor in wrong.. the damn main sound board died i think...the led circuit is open all the time instead of being closed...also it wont turn on using the momentary switch..

this time il build in a switch to turn the thing off at the main for recharging. (thats what killed the amp which lead me here)

so stuff it off to get a new hasbro saber i go...

Sunrider
07-01-2010, 05:34 PM
I have no idea what you are talking about but good luck with that.:confused:

cardcollector
07-01-2010, 06:51 PM

I concurr...:?:confused::?

mongo
07-01-2010, 08:58 PM
what up,
i tried that before with an mp3 amp the two cards are not compatible ,heck-i tried 2 of them the main prob i found was when you hook up the amp it seems to suck all the v power from the FX card rendering it inoperable.You cant run an amp into an amp.although i didnt try a separate power supply for the small ampif ya still wanna give it a shot ,take a look at this.
http://www.electronickits.com/kit/complete/ampl/ck700.htm might work---might

Matt Thorn
07-02-2010, 06:11 AM
Is there actually a question?

I concurr...:?:confused::?

<lecture>
See, vctrsone? How you write is actually important. When I said that before, you told me that if I think spelling and grammar is important, I should get out of the house more. Well, I get out of the house often enough to know that communication requires the ability to think of how your words will (or will not) be understood by others. (I say this as someone who gets paid to communicate. I'm a university professor, freelance writer, and translator (http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_i_0?rh=k%3Amatt+thorn%2Ci%3Astripbooks&keywords=matt+thorn&ie=UTF8&qid=1278076066).)

You may know what you mean, but we can't help you if you don't write in a way that we can understand. It's not fair to expect us to spend time deciphering your posts.

Dismiss me as an uptight schoolmarm, if you like, but I'm sure I'm not the only here who feels this way. I've been trying to help you for days now, but frankly it's getting a bit frustrating...particularly when you ask for help and advice, and then ignore it, plowing ahead and doing things like frying your board.

All of the problems you have experienced with this saber could have been easily avoided if you had taken the time to read carefully, plan carefully, ask coherent questions, and actually make use of our collective knowledge about building sabers.
</lecture>

Jedi-Loreen
07-02-2010, 10:38 AM
Matt, I'm giving you a field promotion to Captain. ;)

mongo
07-02-2010, 04:52 PM
WOW, you really got to watch what you say around these parts,FLAME ON PEOPLE.
it wasn't a question i think he was just telling us the steps he was taking,
i understood him just fine,sure he needs to read more and learn more,but to rip his head off for it---tisk-tisk :( not very nice if you ask me,regardless of his n00b ways

Matt Thorn
07-02-2010, 04:59 PM
WOW, you really got to watch what you say around these parts,FLAME ON PEOPLE.
it wasn't a question i think he was just telling us the steps he was taking,
i understood him just fine,sure he needs to read more and learn more,but to rip his head off for it---tisk-tisk :( not very nice if you ask me,regardless of his n00b ways
"Flaming" is hostile and insulting speech. Mine is neither. Check out this thread (http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?p=173683#post173683), and maybe you will see the source of my exasperation.

mongo
07-02-2010, 05:26 PM
Ahhhhh---i see wise one--let him stew;)

vctrsone
07-03-2010, 08:14 PM
too right mongo thats exactly what I was doing, I was telling you guys how I planed to fix it.

your right skott ther was no question there and matt I am not always seeking your exact way to do things . I fryed a board and learnt from it..it was only because i remebered the transistor being wired in the other way up..so how did i plow ahead and do it..that was a silly mistake anyone who doesnt know transistors could make other than that I actually followed your advice to a T..got the right transisitor after I had brought the wrong one, rewired it straight from the board like i was told did everything you suggested and yet Im still apparently doing it all wrong.....

this wasnt plowing ahead..its building a saber out of the resources at hand..and then repairing one out what ever is at hand too. you said I couldnt get it to work with a blown a amp you were wrong there, i could and did before i wired in the transistor wrong.

notice no hostility in this im just stating the facts. im not here to fight im here to build light sabers so please dont misinterpret what i say. please if you dont like this put me on ignore right now or something because im an inventor I cant help it and i will always modify everything untill its perfect in my eyes.

See I like to tell people what im doing..and as a good bonus someone might go hey thats cool I wana do that and/or have allready done it...like I said it worked it was running from a derict line to the battery ive still got the card...it also slightly warped the sound making it sound very unique.

but i fryed the main hasbro card with my transistor newb mistake and it was game over lol.

I will experiment with this again with my little cheap no brand lightsaber sound board i have.

Rhyen Skytracker
07-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Plus, you don't see all the behind the scenes PMs we have been trying to help him with too. There are many, many different wasy to wire sabers and between all of us here on the forum I am sure between all of us we have wired almost every single combination available and we are glad to offer you the advice, but when you blow off our advice and end up frying cards then it makes us not want to waste out valuable time helping you anymore. Most of us have day jobs and work almost as many hours on sabers per week too.

vctrsone
07-03-2010, 09:43 PM
Rhyen thats what I was trying to say in the above post I did follow your guys advice. I blew it on not putting in a switch to stop the card while charging and in putting the transistor in upside down..

now the saber goes perfectly so maybe we can concentrate on that now ..Ive made my newb mistakes but now Ive got my basic circuit down thanks to you guys.

you guys keep saying i blew off your advice what advice???
if you mean I didnt buy an expensive plug to do the same thing as mine is doing now then no i didnt do it exactly..but i did do something that achieved exactly the same result. so I actually took your advice, I stopped power to the board while charging. its proven now.

once again i really appreciate the help and time you guys have given me.

ok so hopefully we dont need to talk about how I stuffed up on my first saber build anymore now.....please :)

Rhyen Skytracker
07-03-2010, 10:03 PM
I am not going to keep on arguing with you when I have the PMs you sent and the ones I replied to. I don't mind helping people but I do mind helping people and they keep ignoring the help that I have taken the time to give them and then keep wondering why something won't work. Now if you are willing to listen to the advice that people give you then maybe they will start helping you again. I do understand how exciting it is to get into this hobby and how hard it is to take the time to read through all the information here when you want to get the saber working right away. Believe me, I have been there but I spent 3 months reading before making my first post and I was able to find almose every answer to every question I had. We are not elitist but let me just let you see it from our point of view. Here we are researching the latest technology and doing tons of testing to learn all we can on how to get the brightest and loudest sabers we can with the technology out there and trying to keep it at a reasonable price so most anyone can afford to make a decent saber. Then you have these n00bs (believe me, it is not just you) who want to be spoon fed and have all the answers given to them right away. This is not fair to all of us who spend many many hours doing research then to just have someone wantto be handed the answer with out trying to search for it at all. This is a DIY forum and we don't mind helping those who at least try to find the answers first and then do take the advice when we give it.

vctrsone
07-03-2010, 10:12 PM
how did i ask to get spoon feed anything rhyen? this is really getting silly your applying every single noobs faults to me..i researched most of this myself. infact I had it going fine before ever asking for any help at all. yes I post a lot but its not all questions..99% of it isnt.
this whole thread wasnt a question but you guys somehow decided it was.

and private messages? man didnt think I could until id been here 15days.

its like you dont seem to actually read what I type but instead skim over it for flaws and ther fore i give up.

not angry in anyway or form just tired of arguing for nothing.

this thread was about adding an amp card to a sound card which is possible. if someone got it going nicely you could have extremely loud light sabers..so this is about new technology and what not.

you guys have totally derailed this thread not me YOU. this is the kind of thing you say us noobs do. so please post more if its on adding an amp card to a sound card.

Rhyen Skytracker
07-03-2010, 10:29 PM
I have used amps simular to this one and they will work pretty decent. http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062598 The main problem is finding a decent speaker that sounds good and will also fit in the hilt. The best ones I have found so far are the ones that they sell in the store here. They are 1 Watt @ 8 ohms. I have tried the above audio amps with other applications but haven't had a chance to test them in a saber with the TCSS speaker yet.

vctrsone
07-03-2010, 10:54 PM
Now were talking....this is the kind of thing I want to do in my next build....the little .5w speaker i got from the mp3 mini speaker is loud enough tims 1w must blast you.

Il post the pictures of that amp card its a great slim little card.

Rhyen Skytracker
07-03-2010, 11:17 PM
I have heard of a 2 W speaker that will fit in a standard hilt but have not been able to get ahole of one yet.