PDA

View Full Version : My Brother-in-laws finished saber.

Darth Midian
06-30-2010, 06:53 PM
Here are the finished pics of my brother-in-laws saber. It has a blue luxIII & the blade is a 1" thin walled translucent white blade with 6' of cellophane in it. I absolutley love this blade stock.:D

Crystal Chambers
06-30-2010, 07:00 PM
Wow! This one looks like it belongs to a jedi who will turn sith or vice versa.
Very sith looking hilt IMO. Awesomeness.

I totally agree on the blade...I love the trans white. It has to be the most even duelable blade. The only downside is you can't get a core or use film for texture but it is super even bright.

Sairon
06-30-2010, 07:08 PM
Very nice as usual, your sabers are awesome. I'm sure the recipient will love it.

Crystal Chambers
06-30-2010, 07:11 PM
I should add that the weathering you've been doing lately is a huge improvement. It really puts it over the top.

Sunrider
06-30-2010, 07:17 PM
Nice saber. It looks like it could be from a water world for some reason. The blade does look good too. I am also a fan of the trans white blades.:cool:

cannibal869
06-30-2010, 07:28 PM
Nice saber. It looks like it could be from a water world for some reason. The blade does look good too. I am also a fan of the trans white blades.:cool:

ditto that - it has a very nice almost organic sea life based or influenced look to it. Love the shroudwork!

Crystal Chambers
06-30-2010, 07:35 PM
I just read on the build thread that someone suggested orange and I agree it would contrast and compliment the hilt nicely. Since I saw it having a sithy look I would go red/orange myself. I never really considered it a totally sith colour, but more firey, just my two cents. The colour LED does look fine.

Skottsaber
07-01-2010, 04:05 AM
:shock:

DUDE!
You're as awesome to PVC as LDM is to Cram-Fu!

Awesome build!

cardcollector
07-01-2010, 05:13 AM
I like the trans-white blades. It provides nice eveness!

The hilt look naturally weathered, which is a difficult thing to do. Nice job!
You should make a PVC hilt with a cyan LED, Brass and silver...

Don't stop making PVC sabers! You are rasing the bar in what is expected, and for that I commend you.:cool:

Oh, and how and where do you get your threaded inserts? I used to buy mine at lowes, but I always kept breaking them...:mad: So now I am just threading the PVC...

Shadar Al'Niende
07-01-2010, 06:19 AM
I like the trans-white blades. It provides nice eveness!

The hilt look naturally weathered, which is a difficult thing to do. Nice job!
You should make a PVC hilt with a cyan LED, Brass and silver...

Don't stop making PVC sabers! You are rasing the bar in what is expected, and for that I commend you.:cool:

Oh, and how and where do you get your threaded inserts? I used to buy mine at lowes, but I always kept breaking them...:mad: So now I am just threading the PVC...

I buy mine at lowes as well, the trick is to get the hole big enough and go slowly, it'll fit... ;)

Darth Midian
07-01-2010, 08:24 AM
Thank you everyone for the positive feedback.
Crystal, I like your idea on how this hilt looks like it belongs to Jedi on the verg of turnning to the dark side. It could go either way. The red/orange led would compliment the hilt nicely. I'm also happy that the weathering turned out the way I had planned it. Thank you.
Sairon, my brother in law has no idea I built it for him. He left me a comment on facebook asking where his saber was, & it should have a black & blue theme. Then this idea hit me. I'm going to mail it out to my sister, he's going to be surprised.
Sunrider & Cannibal it does have an aquatic/organic feel to it. That's pretty cool thanks.
Skott, thanks for the compliment that's awesome, thank you.
Cardcollector, I get the inserts from a hardware store called True Value. I use either the brass wood inserts or the furniture inserts. It just depends on what's in stock. Like Shadar said, you have to make the hole just big enough & screw them in slowly. Lord knows I've broken enough of them.
Again, I just want to say thank you to everyone.

HAVOK
07-01-2010, 09:45 AM
Midian, buddy this looks so amazing now that it is all done!

I really hope he is happy with his saber, if not you can send it to me!

ARKM
07-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Pretty cool lookin'.

Darth Midian
07-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Oh, he's going to like it. He was really amazed at how my step-fathers saber looked. My step father's is the curved hilt saber with the crystal pommel. I can't wait for him to get it.
I recieved my first MHS part today. It's the ribbed extensioin with custom work done to it. It's absolutely awesome. Here is a pic, check it out. It has three slots. One @ 10, 12, & 2 o'clock. It also has black wrinkle powder coat on it. I was totally amazed when I opened the box. Tim is the man!!!

mongo
07-01-2010, 06:11 PM
indeed he is powerful:D
love the saber ,i think the blue is perfect

Darth Midian
07-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Thanks Mongo.

vctrsone
07-02-2010, 11:48 PM
very cool tell your bro its wicked..I really like how skinny it is overall Im really not a fan of big chunky sabers :)

Darth Midian
07-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Thank you. It's standard width, it's not chuncky at all. It does have a goos feel to.

Jedi_Knight_Zekk
07-12-2010, 07:26 AM
WOW! What an amazing saber! I love it!

Darth Midian
07-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Thank you JK Zekk. He got it last week. He absolutly loves it. He has a gun rack on his wall with three rifles in it. He put his bottom rifle in a case & put his saber on the bottom part of his gun rack.