PDA

View Full Version : Mongo presents 'SALVATION"

mongo
06-27-2010, 04:52 AM
Hello everyone,
here is my latest custom build,with the exception of switch, pommel no-8 and heat sink,this saber was built using scrap/spare parts found all over the city,from metal scrap piles dumpsters and the side of the road,being all salvaged parts,i present to you,

SALVATION
SPECS:
12 3/4 TOTAL HILT LENGTH
MHS POMMEL NO 8
HEATSINK FROM 1.25 SINKTUBE BLADE HOLDER
LATCHING A/V SWITCH
MAIN HILT BODY WAS CONSTRUCTED FROM ALUMINUM UMBRELLA POLE FROM SCRAP PATIO SET-Inner/outer
CHOKE IS A MACHINE PRESS FILTER CYLINDER
BLADE HOLDER SUPPORT IS A DELTA FAUCET HOT WATER HANDLE SHROUD
BLADE HOLDER IS A COOLING OUTLET PORT FOR MACHINE PRESS-EXACTLY 1"ID
LEDENGIN 10W RGGB-DIRECT DRIVE
HD V2 SD SOUND CARD W/CUSTOM MADE FONT{video coming soon}
SLIDING HILT W?SLOTS TO SHOW 7 ACCENT LEDS IN MAIN HILT SECTION
PAINTED WITH KRYLON 1500deg HH PAINT ,BAKED FOR 1 HR AT 400deg
7.2V NIMH BATT PACK W/RECHARGE PORT
1W PREMIUM SPEAKER
ULTRA EDGE BLADE
1 POWER ON LED
LARGE AUX BUTTON
BLOOD, SWEAT. TIME
PICTURES OF BLADE TAKEN IN FULLY LIT ROOM W/FLASH ON
EVERY PIECE ON THIS BUILD WAS CUT,DRILLED, OR MODIFIED IN SOME WAY

HERES THE VIDEO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0TqeKs4EKY
tell me what ya think.

Darth Xusia
06-27-2010, 05:16 AM
I like this saber. Using those parts, you truly have constructed your own. That's for sure.
Nice shade of purple too. I am waiting for the video. Great job Mongo.

Rafalema
06-27-2010, 05:17 AM
Looks good, especially if you made it from scrap and salvaged parts.

But PLEASE DO NOT use caps lock all the time on specs or anything. it makes them very hard to read.

Skottsaber
06-27-2010, 05:59 AM
:shock::cool:

VERY NICE. YOU HAVE CREATED YOUR LIGHTSABER IN TRUE JEDI TRADITION AND STYLE. I LIKE IT.
AND NICE HILT LENGTH TOO :mrgreen:

mongo
06-27-2010, 06:24 AM
Thanks Y'all,
here's a few more pics

sekrogue1985
06-27-2010, 07:56 AM
oh yeah that's some yummy saber right there mongo!

ARKM
06-27-2010, 10:30 AM
Pretty cool build Mongo.

mongo
06-27-2010, 12:32 PM
I'm glad y'all like it it took only 3 weeks ,about 100 hrs
the last thing i have to do is wire up the lighting in the choke -and rotary switch{last minute addition}for color change.

My kick A$$ sound font should be done today and ill get that vid up.

Lord Dottore Matto
06-27-2010, 06:58 PM
Good job man. You really like long sabers huh? I mean, I am 6'5" with BIG hands an that thing may even be too big for me. You must be like 7'11" :lol: That said, I like it!;)

Sairon
06-27-2010, 08:51 PM
Lol you put Dj's great saber to shame :P. Very nice saber, looks pretty awesome.

mongo
06-27-2010, 08:56 PM
Thanks bro,
but this one is not that big,the hilt is only 12-1/2" and the blade is 35".
If your referring to the pics -the bottom half was slid back for show -its not that long.however i do like the long hilts as well,as evident with my X-series sabers,but with this one the actual saber core {inc switches} is housed in only 6" of the hilt.
anyway thanks-coming from a master builder like yourself,i"m glad you like it.

Lord Dottore Matto
06-27-2010, 10:06 PM
Ahhh..got it.

You should consider a photobucket account so you don't have to use those nasty thumbnails ;)

It is a cool saber :D

mongo
06-27-2010, 10:28 PM
THANKS BRO,RIGHT YOU ARE--HERE IT IS
http://s793.photobucket.com/albums/yy212/mongo777/SALVATION/

mongo
07-01-2010, 05:46 PM
here's some more pics ,and,finally ,i got a video up on the tube-enjoy:D

Shadar Al'Niende
07-01-2010, 06:09 PM
Too bad DJ isn't around, he would love this one...

Crystal Chambers
07-01-2010, 06:34 PM
Wow! That's really nice. Looks like you're putting more cram in your fu on this one. I think the length on this one is good too. I don't think you could make it much longer and still have the SW look IMO. The sound font is quite unique but still very saberish and that's a nice touch As far as the hilt goes I love the accent lighting but my overall favourite parts is the choke. As much as I appreciate the MHS system it's nice that you've hidden them with found parts which seems to me to more very true to the genre.

Does this mean you have three of those boards now or did you take it from a previous saber? If so it would be well worth it.

Also I think it would be really neat if the ignition and shut down of the LED had a flicker to match your sound font.

mongo
07-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Thanks CC,
cram fu indeed,the 6 bats,sd board,a/v switch,aux switch,accent leds,speaker,wiring all stuffed into a 5 1/4" sled.
i got tired of making long hilts and having someone tell me "ITS TOO LONG"
so there ya go 12 1/2 for the haters:D
It took me a week of playing with the sound to get it right,it was a pain,
the choke is a fave of mine as well,but it wasn't to much fun stuffing that crystal into a 3/8" hole,i had to fish the wire in and install the crystal with the saber already put together,i used a 8/32 threaded rod to tap it in from the bottom"WHEW":-o
When i had the extra coin a while back i bought 4 boards at once,even though i had never heard of it before,i only had a vader fx board then,and those cheapy boards SUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK-IMHO--so i gambled, and its payed off so far,and ive got 1 new one left:D
I thought about the flicker for on and off too-"US NORTHERNERS THINK ALIKE":D
gonna buy an add on board soon, that might do it
but anyways--enough yammering . Thanks,i'm glad ya like it.

vctrsone
07-04-2010, 01:30 AM
i really like how you build such wicked looking sabers out of what you have at hand mongo..thats what I want to do....im currently hunting for more brass and copper sci fi looking parts for fierfeks soon to be made sister saber.

great work anyway :)

mongo
07-06-2010, 02:33 AM
Thanks Vc,i went from sinktubes,to MHS,to custom scrap parts.
I still love making sinktubes ,what u can do with them,the possibilities are endless,As far as MHS parts, you dont get any better quality for sabers,and there are soooooooooo many choices,really top notch parts,providing you've got the $coins$.But now im getting into building them out of anything i can find ,its starting to become more art inspired than a hobby.
It's only been 2yrs sense i started making these,but i read a ton of posts,and learned A LOT about these things,along with practice.Now i could build em in my sleep ,so keep it up you'll get better with time:)