PDA

View Full Version : New to MHS sabers

narod
06-26-2010, 05:09 PM
Aloha every one who reads this. I am new to the MHS community but an avid star wars collector. At this point in my collection i have fairly much all the figures ships and FX sabers i also got a few MR hilts. so i happen across this web site completely by accident :oops: well to my superize it was a community of other star wars saber nerds. (NICE) as i browse the forums and store i realized that i can do this LOL ( wll i hope so ) so do any of you have any advice for a noob building his 1st fully functional MHS saber
you know deign so on so forth
i have been collecting all the parts i am going to need for an internal crystal chamber now all i need to do is learn how to build one. if any one can direct me to a forum with how to`s on crystals chambers and such i would be very grateful
again thank you and Mahalo
from Hawaii
Dark Lord Narod :cool:

narod
06-26-2010, 05:14 PM
Aloha every one who reads this. I am new to the MHS community but an avid star wars collector. At this point in my collection i have fairly much all the figures ships and FX sabers i also got a few MR hilts. so i happen across this web site completely by accident :oops: well to my superize it was a community of other star wars saber nerds. (NICE) as i browse the forums and store i realized that i can do this LOL ( wll i hope so ) so do any of you have any advice for a noob building his 1st fully functional MHS saber
you know deign so on so forth
i have been collecting all the parts i am going to need for an internal crystal chamber now all i need to do is learn how to build one. if any one can direct me to a forum with how to`s on crystals chambers and such i would be very grateful
again thank you and Mahalo
from Hawaii
Dark Lord Narod :cool: Have you ever noticed that we Gage a persons intellect almost entirely on how closely there thinking is like our own?
I will admit that there are people who avidly disagree with me on most topics and i am sure they are not complete Idiots but i much rather have the company off a person who thinks like me (David Eddings)

Onli-Won Kanomi
06-26-2010, 06:21 PM
Welcome aboard...you've already found out the quote function is for quoting other posts for the purpose of responding not inserting quotes lol but don't worry you'll figure out the system here. This place is full of LOTS of helpful information on ALL aspects of saber building but finding it can sometimes be daunting...get familiar with the "thread index" and "tutorials" the especially the "search" function [to the right of the "store" button in the header] and you'll soon get up to speed finding the info you need...with regards to your specific questions design is very personal so if you click on "store" and look in the MHS section you will find the MHS builder app which allows you to mix and match parts virtually to find a MHS hilt design just the way you like, as for the crystal chamber the search engine revealed THIS thread which may be useful to you: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=11006&highlight=crystal+chamber

Once again welcome...and READ READ READ...MTFBWY building the saber of your dreams

Jedi-Loreen
06-26-2010, 06:27 PM
Welcome. New people usually make their first post in the "Welcome to the forum" section. ;)

I'm not sure why you quoted yourself, perhaps you should get familiar with the Edit button, too. We encourage people not to make double posts, when they can just edit their previous post.

And heed the advice that Onli-won gave.

Sunrider
06-26-2010, 07:40 PM
Do a search for crystal chamber. You will find several examples. Creators will usually answer questions.

Tahm
06-26-2010, 09:39 PM
You will definitely have questions and there's a 99% probability someone has asked it before. If you can't find the answer you're looking for or need clarification beyond a forum don't be afraid to private message another member. ( I've always gotten positive results when doing so.) ...Welcome, the more the merrier.

Jedi-Loreen
06-27-2010, 12:11 AM
But just so you're aware, this forum is set up so that new people can't send or receive Private Messages until they've been here for 15 days, and have made 10 posts. This is in hopes that they will do more reading before deluging people with PMs. ;)

Please make sure they are legitimate posts and not made just to raise your post count.

Darth Astronimus
06-27-2010, 05:02 PM
Welcome and may you have lots of fun

narod
06-27-2010, 11:05 PM
Well thanks for all the input. But i looked and looked and was unable to find a good crystal chamber forum. Sooo i just decided to wing it which i got to say So far so good . the chamber is coming out rather nice:D. I am using a standard 1 1/2 inch tube so i made the chamber plates about 1 1/4 round. I made it about 3 inch's long with hollow aluminum tube a Cm or so wide ( that way i can hide the LED wires. there are 3 of the tubes to make a triangle so to speak. i have wrapped the tuber with copper wire to make it look like a heat sink with all the wires converging in the center hole . i have a 4 watt red LED shining from the top. i have the crystal suspended in the center by the copper wire tied across it back on to the heat sinks. the apex of the crystal is sitting on another LED to shine thru red or what ever color u want. the heat sinks are connected to the plated by rubber grommets. all the wires for the LEDs are in the hollow tubing and it connect to a battery holder ( C size) which is about the size of the acrylic Disks i am using . I am thinking about adding some fake computer resistors and some other computer parts to make it look a little more real. its almost done so i am gonna have some pics when it is done . O so i could not find acrylic crystals here on the island so i am using real crystals a purple amethystine and i got some clear crystal for other types of chambers
Aloha:cool:

Tahm
06-27-2010, 11:40 PM
Sounds like you hit the ground running! I'd love to see how the genuine crystals look all lit up. Can't wait to see it. Hope it continues to go smoothly for you.

narod
06-28-2010, 06:34 PM
Well i made a f3w changes to the over all design of the chamber. now iknow that there is diffrent saber style and length but what is the most standard tube width? i have been using 1 1/2 inch .

Well i hope to send u all some Pics soon as its done and i am going to also get some how to pics for people that want to make ther own

Aloha
Dark Lord Narod.
:oops:

narod
07-01-2010, 01:09 AM
Hey guys i got a few questions . 1st offf what forum do i post pictures in i wanted to show off my new crystal chamber. i got to say for my 1st shot it looks rather pimp nothing like the one made by Yoda but its looks nice. second. i am trying to custom build a saber that looks close to the EPII AOTC Anikin saber. Any advice or has any one tried it and know what parts look kinda close to it. let me know . thanks

mahalo

" Why does 1+1= 2" why cant it = 4 or 6 or 8 ask your self that "
(David Eddings)

Skottsaber
07-01-2010, 04:00 AM
Post pictures in This thread. (http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=11006)

Hey. I did a rough mockup of the Anakin AoTC saber in MHS.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1237687/TCSS%20Posts/ani.jpg

It uses:
Bladeholder 12
Thumbscrew
10" Double Female
Pommel style 2
MPP Clamp
2 accent LEDs
Rubber T-Grips
Covertec Wheel

Its not totally accurate, but it may suffice to you? If you really want an accurate Anakin shroud, PM me for info.

narod
07-02-2010, 12:30 AM
Ok i am still kinda new to TCSS so from what some one told me i cant sent PM yet. But i got to say that is looking rather pimp. O and plus i am not sure if i posted in the other post where can i put my pics of my crystal chambers i made. i got some ongoing pics and i wanna do a how to just to help some people out
Let me know

"IM blind Im Blind I cant SEEE!!!!!" ...." why!"" Because i got my eyes closed"

(Shemp Howard) :confused:

Skottsaber
07-02-2010, 03:53 AM
For a WIP thread go here. (http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38) ;)

vctrsone
07-02-2010, 04:50 AM
dude you just quoated one of my favorite writers ever and a brilliant one of his quoates at that :) welcome narod