PDA

View Full Version : Anouther first saber design!

MooseStuff
06-25-2010, 01:22 PM
This is my first saber design (that i feel is good enough to buy parts.)

All comments and criticism is welcome.

obviously i have forgotten how to work vBulletin boards and how i should be posting an image....

Skottsaber
06-25-2010, 01:47 PM
Firstly, well done. Perhaps by luck or deliberately, you didn't make the common newb errors. Your covertec clip is the right way round, and your retention screw is on the correct side for that bladeholder.

Secondly, cool design. Do you know what you want to put in it? That can sometimes effect the design.

MooseStuff
06-25-2010, 01:56 PM
Haha it was posts by you that informed me on how to place the clip and screw. The first few times i messed around with the MHS builder i did both of those things.

My plan is for no sound just a blue p4 but i have a 2010 Obi-wan Hasbro saber and I have been looking at the tutorials extensively on how to wire one of the Hasbro boards in there.

Seeing as this will be my first saber i wanted to take it a little slow maybe. It's going to be a project, so ill just upgrade as i see fit.

Shadar Al'Niende
06-25-2010, 03:55 PM
Haha it was posts by you that informed me on how to place the clip and screw. The first few times i messed around with the MHS builder i did both of those things.

My plan is for no sound just a blue p4 but i have a 2010 Obi-wan Hasbro saber and I have been looking at the tutorials extensively on how to wire one of the Hasbro boards in there.

Seeing as this will be my first saber i wanted to take it a little slow maybe. It's going to be a project, so ill just upgrade as i see fit.

Sound advice you are giving yourself here :D good luck with it, when you have a question, take it slow, read and try to find it. Then ask. Can't wait to see what you've got!

Eomund
06-26-2010, 06:12 PM
Sound advice you are giving yourself here :D good luck with it, when you have a question, take it slow, read and try to find it. Then ask. Can't wait to see what you've got!

Hear, hear. That was my problem the first time around. I wanted to do it all, reverse sound, crystal chamber, etc, etc. Set my sights a little too high and wound up disappointed. Take your time, enjoy the build, and upgrade as you learn. Welcome to the hobby.

Tahm
06-26-2010, 09:27 PM
I am slowing finding out that upgrades can be more expensive than I thought. (although that might just be because I'm only keeping about 4 of my original parts in my new design) make sure it's positively what you want before you buy and keep in mind any future upgrades aswell. Great design BTW.

MooseStuff
06-27-2010, 02:54 PM
I'm just planing very minor electronic upgrades as my knowledge increases. Although i much appreciate all of the comments.

MooseStuff
07-19-2010, 10:22 PM
I went quiet for awhile in anticipation for my parts. right now my hilt is assembled and the electronics are on their way.
I went for the main body style 1 in sake of price (cheaper part and no pc) so i did a quick wrap on the hilt just to make it feel and look like less of a tube.

Spiko
07-20-2010, 02:43 PM
If you want to give it more depth it would be pretty easy to add a sink tube to that saber. It's very similar to the saber I designed (parts are on the way!) with a sink tube in mind.

MooseStuff
07-20-2010, 03:18 PM
If you want to give it more depth it would be pretty easy to add a sink tube to that saber. It's very similar to the saber I designed (parts are on the way!) with a sink tube in mind.

Yea i have had a few ideas but i need to get the sink tube in hand to get an idea of what i want to do. Also, find someone i know with the proper tools lol. our family doesn't have much other than a hammer and a screw driver.