PDA

View Full Version : MagLite blade holders please help

oobie doobie kedoobie
06-22-2010, 05:46 PM
Hello...At the moment i don't have $100 to spend on making a saber but i do have a MagLite so i was wondering how good a saber looks and functions with a MagLite as the hilt and a MagLite blade holder.:confused:

Sunrider
06-22-2010, 05:59 PM
Did you search.

oobie doobie kedoobie
06-22-2010, 06:04 PM
No i just noticed that here on TCSS they sell the MagLite converter and i just needed some advice before i bought one.

Jedi-Loreen
06-22-2010, 07:05 PM
Here, look through these 3 threads:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=10114

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=10448

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=10284

You're welcome.

Now, I'm taking back my spoon.

oobie doobie kedoobie
06-22-2010, 08:08 PM
Oh thank you so much Jedi-Loreen that really helped me on my decision but since i'm new to this i was wondering if all i needed was the MagLite, the blade holder, the PolyC tube and corbin film?

Nomos
06-22-2010, 09:51 PM
Gonna throw you a bone on this one, since you didn't really take her hint about the spoon feeding...this site and it's members are very big on the search function. Use it, read all you can find on your question, THEN ask what you didn't find out on your own. In almost every situation, what you need has been asked before.

oobie doobie kedoobie
06-23-2010, 08:33 AM
OH well excuse me for not finding everything i need...i have searched but i reaaly can't seem to find anything...i just now saw the "taking back the spoon" comment.

Et Kin Evenstar
06-23-2010, 09:02 AM
Do you want a blade or not? If all you want is a saber hilt as a prop or part of a costume, you don't need the polyc and film.

And FWIW I am among the first to defend fellow noobs asking questions, but your response here is a bit out of line IMO.

oobie doobie kedoobie
06-23-2010, 09:10 AM
Ya i guess your right Et Kin i'm sorry but yes i would like a blade thank you.

Nomos
06-23-2010, 09:34 AM
Essentially, all you would need for a Maglite are a Maglite, a blade, and the blade holder. If your Maglite has a krypton bulb, go ahead and change it out for an LED bulb--you can get the kit at a hardware store. If you don't want a white blade, you can either a)get a colored polycarbonate tube blade or b)use colored gels in front of the the LED.

When you buy the maglite blade holder, just get the fully completed battle blade in 1" diameter and in a length of your choice. The weight of the Maglite will balance out a lot of the blade weight, so you can probably go longer than you would otherwise. It's a whole lot easier to use that for your first time, and you can take the film out if you so desire and change it out later. If you're not happy with the color, you can buy the color film from the store or DIY with some colored overhead transparency sheets cut to fit.

Once you have the basics down, you can buy a sinktube and make yourself an overlay and/or add a pommel to match your design. You'll just have to remember to make sure that the pommel either uses the current cap or incorporates a spring to compress the batteries.

oobie doobie kedoobie
06-23-2010, 10:47 AM
Dang! thanks a whole lot you really helped me out and i hope to have everything ordered soon...thanks again Nomos