PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on KOTOR III

Hitogiri
06-14-2006, 02:10 PM
I was talking to a few of the guys at work and we all had come to somewhat of an agreement about the past 2 games and ow we think the 3rd should play out.

1st game was cool. Very good game play and story, I did forsee the fact you were Revan before they revealed it, nice to be proven right. It was an interesting way to look at the jedi in their prime. Kind of showed you how they were somewhat humble but a lil overconfident, like Bastilla shows often.

2nd game had kind of a let down ending. The whole game your just thinking.. I'm gonna kill this witch! You just wonder all the way through when shes gonna screw you. Still the added force powers and the story was interesting. There was one part I didn't get though, made no sense to me. The part on Dxun when you get to the temple of Freedon Nadd. You walk up on these guys finishing a ritual. They never say what they were doing but they had finished what they came for. It never came up in the game again. Maybe in comes into play in the next one....

On to our collective thoughts on 3!

1. You should either start as a jedi or padawan whose master dies or you are seperated. Your powers are weakend by the overwhelming dark force energy preveelant in the galaxy at the time. (So you have to earn the powers, they seem keen on that fact)

2. One major complaint we had was that no matter how you played the game, light or dark you did the same stuff. Same Missions basically etc. It should be like that to a point, then you decide whether you go dark or light.

3. If you go light the jedi should be more open to you, they are too closed all the way through the game. You should lead on attack on the sith academy or stronghold.

4. If you go dark, 1st of all the jedi should notice! 2nd you should try to ascend to the rank of Sith Lord ultimately leading the destruction of the jedi order and marching on the last remaining jedi temple Anakin style lol. Maybe lead on attack on the Rep fleet, make for a cool space battle.

5. You either meet/join or fight Revan!

Your thoughts?

Brian

Madcow
06-14-2006, 04:06 PM
I think it was implied that Revan died on Malachor at the hands of Kreia.

Regardless - I'd like to see a more together storyline as well. I hate loose ends.

Perhaps more variables in the game... For instance, depending on your choices you could resolve conflicts and make it through levels by, Combat, diplomacy, puzzle soving, starship flying etc. Not neccesarily doing them all in one level - but having to choose one path for a significant part of a level.

MC

http://rpetkau.photosite.com/~photos/tn/88_348.ts1141004694072.jpg
You want to go home and re-think your life

james3
06-14-2006, 04:37 PM
Dang now I am all kinds of confused, I thought Reven went in to old sith space to destroy/align them.
I want the end to be an end like K1 where I can just sit and watch, I think I must have missed stuff having to go round and round with the questions for Kreia. I ended up with like two or three endings and all of them were half-arsed.

As for gameplay I want the combat realtime give me the stick and smash some buttons but everything else is pretty good.

Oh yeah! And bring back Bastila Shan. I had a blast getting her a riled up it was very han/leia like and I laughed through the whole dang game.

<center>http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e370/Dadof3/obiwan4.jpg</center>

Darth Poo Head
06-14-2006, 08:24 PM
1) The end needs to be more like KOTR I. I was very disappointed with the KOTR II ending, and I played it in different ways thinking that it might be better...never happened, just the same weak sauce spread slightly differently.
2) Revan needs to be a major factor in the game in one way or another. (obviously I'm a fan of his, check out my avatar) I think it'd be cool if he was there in some sort of Obi- Wan way as the "ghost," if he was in fact killed by Kreia, trying to guide you on the right path.
3) Make the villains more difficult to kill than in KOTR II. They definitely did not live up to the hype that the game built up as it went along. I dispatched both Nihilus and Sion the first time I fought each of them. Darth Malak was a hell of a lot harder to slay in KOTR I, and personally I found to be much more interesting.
4) Bastila should return as a playable character, once again tagging along on the Ebon Hawk.

and first and foremost, it needs to come out SOON, lol

It's not the Jedi way....

http://gallery.wewt.net/albums/Gipes-World/darth_poo_head_sig_3_06.jpg

james3
06-14-2006, 08:40 PM
So guys what did I miss is Revan dead or not and do Bastila go after him or not? Just a little holo cam quick shot in the Sith school didn't really tell me much and the end of the game never told me much she just kept going in circles.

<center>http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e370/Dadof3/obiwan4.jpg</center>

Hitogiri
06-15-2006, 05:24 AM
From what I understood is that Revan went to find the true Sith Empire somewhere in the outer rim or unknown space. And I thought Bastilla said she went looking for him in the holovid.

Kreia ticked me off. I knew she was the source of the Sith but never could get the ol' witch to admit it. Bastilla would be cool and yes Revan must return in some shape or form.

Madcow is one a good track on the lvling idea. One thing I would like to do is that once you choose light or dark the game should go in drasticallly diff directions. You do missions specific to reach your goal.

Also the whole idea of maruader/guardian, consular or master jedi/sith lord there should be powers or melee attacks unique to each categorey. A jedi guarduian prolly has some sweet moves others don't have.

desertscorpion
06-15-2006, 09:48 AM
I'm pretty sure that there were exclusive powers to the respective jedi classes. Is that what you were trying to say? Maybe I misunderstood.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Hitogiri

From what I understood is that Revan went to find the true Sith Empire somewhere in the outer rim or unknown space. And I thought Bastilla said she went looking for him in the holovid.

Kreia ticked me off. I knew she was the source of the Sith but never could get the ol' witch to admit it. Bastilla would be cool and yes Revan must return in some shape or form.

Madcow is one a good track on the lvling idea. One thing I would like to do is that once you choose light or dark the game should go in drasticallly diff directions. You do missions specific to reach your goal.

Also the whole idea of maruader/guardian, consular or master jedi/sith lord there should be powers or melee attacks unique to each categorey. A jedi guarduian prolly has some sweet moves others don't have.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hitogiri
06-15-2006, 10:19 AM
Yeah but it didn't play in the game like that. I thought it would have been cooler if it had. I guardian would have been more tuned to be using the force for combat, maybe a mix of force speed and a melee attack. A master would rely more on other powers etc.

desertscorpion
06-15-2006, 10:24 AM
Oh, yeah, you're right. They should also stop making artifacts, armor, etc, look so stinkin' lame. I remember the Sith Mask looked like a welder's mask. Items like that on other games are cool.

Hitogiri
06-17-2006, 09:07 PM
Also I have one more complaint about the games in general.....theres nowhere to grind xp! You can use the cheats to gain lvls but what if you just want to grind a few lvls etc.?

Brian