PDA

View Full Version : Which Lens

SaberFan
12-02-2005, 02:07 PM
Stryder I'm getting ready to order some stuff and I was wondering which LED lens is a better choice, or for what circumstance you would use either lens.

SF

Strydur
12-02-2005, 03:05 PM
So far it pretty much seems from my findings and from corbins latest tests 5,6 or 10 degree are all about the same.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

James
10-12-2006, 08:21 PM
I know someone had brought this up somewhere - but it was dismissed.

If you were to go to luxeonstar and look under 'fraen lense' you would
find one called 'fiber coupler.'
In the description of the lense you would find the following...
"..for fibre optic cable or light tube."

Is that not what a lightsaber blade is? A light tube?
Would this be a better choice for lense as it is designed to focus the light
down a 'tubular' path?

Has anyone tryed this?

james3
10-12-2006, 08:50 PM
Welcome to the boards, and a darn fine name ya got there.

I looked at those but never got any the stuff we have been using is cheap and works. Give it a try though I would like to see how it goes.

xwingband
10-12-2006, 08:53 PM
Corbin and many have tried every lens available. The current ones used are the best balance of light and convenience.

James
10-15-2006, 07:54 PM
james3,
Thanks and I think your name's pretty cool too.
I'll let you know about how the lense works out - I want to put together a 'shopping list' this week and get stuff on order ( been saying that since the middle of August).
Got to get everything - this'll be my first saber. So I need everything from solder to capacitors to multimeter to sound chip to band-aids ( soldering irons sure do get hot, don't they?).

Jedi-Loreen
10-15-2006, 10:06 PM
Capacitors? What do you need those for? Do you mean resistors?http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/confused0083.gif

James
10-16-2006, 03:59 PM
Hello there!!
I've read your El blade instructions - excellent, Thank you! I know it takes a lot of time to do it but I'm sure it's helped a lot of people. I'm in the process of making my first, and having your stuff helps a great deal - even just in saying where to get some of the parts! Thank you.
In reply to your question, no ( I do need some caps) but I do need resistors too. Need a lot of stuff!
caps, resistors,diodes,battery holder, speaker, audio amp, sound chip, FET, switches, PCB, wire, strain guage,...
LEDS. lenses, fiber optic cable ( thought I'd check it out), heat sink, resistors, driver chip(maybe)
Lots of stuff ;-(
(It's off the subject(oops) but have you heard of a MC3344 IC? I must of come across it in my web travels, I wrote down "mc3344 el driver ic"
Thought maybe you'd heard of it??)

Do-Clo
10-16-2006, 04:27 PM
Try Here: http://digikey.com/

vadeblade
10-18-2006, 10:31 AM
(It's off the subject(oops) but have you heard of a MC3344 IC? I must of come across it in my web travels, I wrote down "mc3344 el driver ic"
Thought maybe you'd heard of it??)

I think you're missing a digit there. Try searching for a MC33441 IC. But I think they stopped making them.

Here is the datasheet for that chip: http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheets_pdf/M/C/3/3/MC33441-D.shtml

ryanlb
10-18-2006, 11:02 AM
I've not shopped there yet, but AlliedElectronics.com was recommended to me, especially if your order total is going to be under $25.