PDA

View Full Version : Definitive Diagram for illuminated switch/recharge port/MR board?

Et Kin Evenstar
06-17-2010, 01:43 PM
I am going crazy trying to find a wiring schematic that shows how to set up a MR board with a recharge port AND an illuminated switch. I've found several different versions but they don't seem to be the same and some are really hard to decipher. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I've got the recharge port wiring down, but once I add the illuminated switch to the equation I get a bit....lost. :-?

cardcollector
06-17-2010, 01:59 PM
Well, The illuminated switch is just like an extra accent LED.

and then the switch is wired to the switch leads...

Skottsaber
06-17-2010, 02:26 PM
All you need to do is run a wire from one of the negatives on the board with the appropriate resistor and then just back to the pos.

Et Kin Evenstar
06-17-2010, 04:18 PM
UGH...talk about me making this harder then it is! Thanks guys! I'll give it a try when I next have free time.

Shadar Al'Niende
06-17-2010, 07:03 PM
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x116/TaiDashan/LamniaLukeANHwiring.jpg

Et Kin Evenstar
06-18-2010, 06:14 AM
Shadar,

Thanks, I'd seen that, but found it too hard to follow. All the lines leading all over! Most likely that is a reflection on ME and not YOU. ;-) You should see the diagram I tried to make for myself. It looks like someone gave a monkey access to photoshop.

Shadar Al'Niende
06-18-2010, 06:29 AM
Ha ha no worries, even I had a hard time following that one.... And i made it :p

I usually just follow one wire from board to component and make my own diagram....

Et Kin Evenstar
06-18-2010, 06:58 AM
I think I've got it now and will try this weekend.

Just to confirm one thing - I need a 68 Ohm 1/4 Watt resistor on the green illuminated switch if I am using 4.8 volts, correct? Does not matter if I place that on + or - ?

Shadar Al'Niende
06-18-2010, 07:37 AM
technically no, it does not matter but since electricity flows from neg to pos i always put it on the neg ;)

hrdwarhax
08-03-2010, 11:07 PM
technically no, it does not matter but since electricity flows from neg to pos i always put it on the neg ;)

doesnt electricity ply positive to negative? its just the electrons flowing backward?

Arkhan
08-04-2010, 06:01 AM
Electrons in direct current flow from MOST NEGATIVE to LEAST NEGATIVE.

Logically, that would be "-" to "+"

However, I've often wondered why we tend to consider "+" as the starting point and "-" as the endpoint. Supposedly, its Ben Franklin's fault.

A co-worker and I had a long discussion pondering this mystery some years back. Working in a test lab for hardware and software at our company, it seemed pretty strange to us as well.

Is everything we work on actually labeled BACKWARDS and since it is consistently backwards, it works?

A google search for this very topic yielded many articles. The following wikipedia article discusses the conundrum in the "current" section

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_current

Sunrider
08-04-2010, 08:03 AM
Supposedly the voltage or EMF travels at near the speed of light from pos to neg. Then electrons slowly travel from neg to pos.

Ronan
08-09-2010, 10:34 PM
Electrons in direct current flow from MOST NEGATIVE to LEAST NEGATIVE.

Logically, that would be "-" to "+"

However, I've often wondered why we tend to consider "+" as the starting point and "-" as the endpoint. Supposedly, its Ben Franklin's fault.

A co-worker and I had a long discussion pondering this mystery some years back. Working in a test lab for hardware and software at our company, it seemed pretty strange to us as well.

Is everything we work on actually labeled BACKWARDS and since it is consistently backwards, it works?

A google search for this very topic yielded many articles. The following wikipedia article discusses the conundrum in the "current" section

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_current

Conventional current flows from + to - while electrons flow - to +. I remember that on a test a long time ago in prep school :D

Like you said... it's all wierd... but since everyone 'does it the same way' it ends up working! Even if its technically backward :)

Vlad Doon
08-10-2010, 02:15 AM
I am going crazy trying to find a wiring schematic that shows how to set up a MR board with a recharge port AND an illuminated switch. I've found several different versions but they don't seem to be the same and some are really hard to decipher. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I've got the recharge port wiring down, but once I add the illuminated switch to the equation I get a bit....lost. :-?

Hi,

I've got a very clear diagram here that works perfectly. The initial diagram is not mine and you can find it around here. I've just add the illum. switch and the recharge port so credit goes to its autor. You'll find the wiring of the recharge port below

here is the thread for the diagram

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=10640