PDA

View Full Version : Sound parts check

Knight Of The Republic
06-03-2010, 10:04 AM
Hello guys. I have a question. I have a MR Anakin Skywalker Force FX ROTS Sound Board. It has the- wire harness, clash sensor, original switch (still attached), and even the battery terminal board. I want to put it into a Graflex hilt. My hope is to put a small momentary switch under the red button so it would activate by the red button. Do I need anything else other than a speaker? Do I need to use a buckpuck or a relay? Driver? I have looked around for a few days on the forums for what I need. The wiring diagrams show the MR sound boards wiring diagrams, but I don't know if I need the other stuff if I plan on putting it into a Graflex Hilt so it will work with a small momentary switch. Also, my LED for my blade is a LUX 3 Cyan. I am using a 4 aaa battery pack.

I am new so don't flame me to hard. I have looked on the forums for my answer but just couldn't figure it out. I am just not too experienced in the electrical stuff. I can do it once I have it, it is the figuring it out that is tuff. Thanks.

Jay-gon Jinn
06-03-2010, 10:12 AM
you can't run that board with a momentary switch. It requires a latching type, like the slide switch it comes with. to use it with a momentary button, you'll either need to use a lighthound keychain flashlight pcb, like in eastern 57's tutorial:
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=10762
or the polulu board:
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=10374
Those are the only things you'll need to add to use the FX board in that Graflex. The batteries are fine, as is the led being run directly from the soundboard.

Knight Of The Republic
06-03-2010, 10:49 AM
you can't run that board with a momentary switch. It requires a latching type, like the slide switch it comes with. to use it with a momentary button, you'll either need to use a lighthound keychain flashlight pcb, like in eastern 57's tutorial:
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=10762
or the polulu board:
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=10374
Those are the only things you'll need to add to use the FX board in that Graflex. The batteries are fine, as is the led being run directly from the soundboard.

Thank you very much. I ordered a Pololu board just now. I haven't come across a diagram on how to wire up the Pololu board to the MR board on the forums yet. I just searched and didn't see anything. Is there a picture that you know of?

Thanks.

:)

Jay-gon Jinn
06-03-2010, 12:09 PM
Thank you very much. I ordered a Pololu board just now. I haven't come across a diagram on how to wire up the Pololu board to the MR board on the forums yet. I just searched and didn't see anything. Is there a picture that you know of?

Thanks.

:)
None that I am aware of. Someone might be kind enough to post a diagram though, if you ask in the topic, though.

Knight Of The Republic
06-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Thanks. I'll ask for the diagram over there.

Arkhan
06-03-2010, 05:53 PM
having just wired one up myself

the two switch wires from the board go to VIN (switch + on the sound board) and VOUT (switch -) on the pololu board. Due to the design on the pololu board, you do need to get these wired to the correct spots. It won't work backwards.

The switch you use, either the one that comes with it (small momentary mounted on the board itself) or a momentary wired in, goes to the switch holes on the pololu.

You need a wire run from one of the ground holes on the pololu to the gnd on the hasbro fx board. If you miss this wire, you will get very wierd behavior.

If you need further info, I can take a pic of mine, its not in the saber hilt yet.

Knight Of The Republic
06-03-2010, 11:56 PM
Couple more questions.

I am now thinking I want to use a Soul P4 Blue LED with my Anikan MR ROTS board. Will that work? If so, do I still need to use a resistor? Same with the Cyan Lux 3, is a resistor needed with this board? I don't think it is for either one, just making sure.

Thanks.

Jedi-Loreen
06-04-2010, 01:01 AM
No, you do not need a resistor.