PDA

View Full Version : Ewok Jedi and Sith, Concepts and Sketches or what???

Jase Kala Maris
05-31-2010, 09:00 PM
Sorry didn't really know where to put this but has anyone seen this crazy thread? Some baaaad a** stuff.

http://cghub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1580

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm51/frosty2376/Sithtwins-3.jpg

TimeRender
05-31-2010, 09:15 PM
Alien teddy bears with laser swords... Still not as silly as the Yoda fight scenes.

Jase Kala Maris
05-31-2010, 09:33 PM
"When 900 years old, look as good fighting Sith 1/10 your age you will not!"

Jedi-Loreen
05-31-2010, 09:45 PM
The 2 Sith are Jawas.

Note the low set glowing eyes and five-fingered hands, Ewoks only have 4 fat fingers.

And yes, Jawas are furry under their robes.

TimeRender
05-31-2010, 09:53 PM
I'm kinda grossed out by the knowledge of what you may find under a jawa's robes... Thanks JL for inspiring a humorous and disgusting bit of mental imagery.

Jedi-Loreen
05-31-2010, 11:25 PM
Any time, TR. LOL :p

Onli-Won Kanomi
06-01-2010, 01:41 AM
First I will admt I hate Ewoks [shoulda been Wookies] BUT looking at this I realize it might actually be amusing to see SW redone with no humans nor near-humans only Ewoks, Jawas, Hutt, Rodians, Ithorians, 'Yoda-ians' etc...but nosa inkyluding da Gungans [moosta drawsa linees somewheresa okeeday].

Tahm
06-01-2010, 06:04 PM
I may get some pretty harsh verbal abuse for this, but I think the Gungans aren't as bad of a species as most people will say. (Now is a good time to clarify my meaning) Gungans on par with other Star Wars species. Jar Jar just happened to be a little "special".

If anyone has played The Force Unleashed then you'll know there is a Gungan boss that I thought was just as dreadful as some of the other scum and villany found in the Star Wars galaxy.

Just my oppinion feel free to disagree.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kleef

TimeRender
06-01-2010, 07:04 PM
First I will admt I hate Ewoks [shoulda been Wookies] BUT looking at this I realize it might actually be amusing to see SW redone with no humans nor near-humans only Ewoks, Jawas, Hutt, Rodians, Ithorians, 'Yoda-ians' etc...but nosa inkyluding da Gungans [moosta drawsa linees somewheresa okeeday].

Quiet you! Don't give Uncle George any more bad ideas! I want him to leave MY trilogy alone, dangit! It won't be long now until this...

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h241/TimeRender/500986152_5snvJ-L-2.jpg

Jase Kala Maris
06-01-2010, 10:20 PM
um, anyone even look at the other art in that thread...? lazy Jedi...

TimeRender
06-02-2010, 08:28 PM
Firstly, Timerender = Not a Jedi. Secondly yes, I looked at it before I even posted. Some of it was ok, some of it was pretty terrible, and a few pieces were incredible. I just didn't think that observation was worthy of posting. However, ripping on hairy jawas and stupid PT fight scenes is ALWAYS worthy of my time and attention.

Jase Kala Maris
06-03-2010, 04:01 AM
Sith are so touchy... but I have to agree some were ghastly, or just lame...

I posted the Ewok Vs Jawa's to get a rise outta people but what I was really hopeing for was for a couple of people to see some new ideas for lightsabers... Yes most suck, hell most are just tubes with a beam coming out of them, whatever.

I liked this one alot.

http://www.bergcrantz.se/bopp.jpg

TimeRender
06-03-2010, 10:27 AM
Yes, that one was one of my favorites.

Jedi-Loreen
06-03-2010, 10:45 AM
I have to admit, I totally missed that link till you said something about it. :oops:

I agree with Time Render's assessment of the art. I couldn't believe that that silly, cutesy underwater alien one won, when there were actually some good ones in that contest. :roll:

Jase Kala Maris
06-03-2010, 12:13 PM
The squidy alien girl had some nice things to it. The Lightsaber vaporizing the water was pretty cool... it's alittle to Asian-in that exaggerating over the top nubile kindda way... hope that doesn't sound racist. I don't mean it that way and I think there's a lot of Asian culture that's just mind blowing. I didn't think it was bad just not for me.

J-lo, I don't know you well enough to assume things about you but I think that after you saw I called a Jawa an Ewok you got tunnel vision:smile: . By the way did you have a favorite?

The one with the Lightsaber cross is mine I think. I'm sooooo not a man of god or anything just like the style of the art. That Lightsaber would be very hard to handle but also hard to get a strike in...

TimeRender, Everything I say on these forums is light hearted so don't take offense please. It's kinda hard to tell when you can't see a person's expressions.

Later guys I'm off to work with Blender to learn how to do renders, I'm tired of draw with a pencil on graph paper!

TimeRender
06-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Offense?

Edit: The saber he is holding in that pic reminds me of a Gil Hibben knife back when his knives were still cool and not tacky.