PDA

View Full Version : New to the scene.

echodrive
05-26-2010, 06:17 PM
I would like to introduce myself, and say hello to everyone here one the forum. Ever since I first saw Star Wars in 1977, I've dreamed of owning a cinema correct lightsaber. I have one of the store made models, but to own an original Graflex would be great! :D I've been going through some of the YouTube vids, and am absolutely floored by some of these custom made models! I've tried to order one from FX Saber website, but can't seem to access the order page - or the forum? I'm only now learning that there are other custom builders. Any recommendations would really help.

Thank you,
echodrive

Lord Dottore Matto
05-27-2010, 12:23 AM
Builders (Sabersmiths) hang out at Fx-sabers.com (the forums there) so that would be where to go (when the sit is backup). Most sabersmiths also have links to their sites in their sigs (which the site owner graciously allows). That said, this forum is attached to a business and due to the respect that we all have for the owner of said business, there is no solicitation on these forums.;)

cannibal869
05-27-2010, 01:02 AM
Wow... one post and already gettin' the old spankin'... LOL...:rolleyes:

First off, welcome to the forums.
Second, Tim sells a graflex shell in the store, which you can use if you want to build a movie accurate item. As LDM said, if you're looking for where to *buy* one, then maybe check over on FX-Sabers and PM the smiths once those forums come back up.

Now if you're interested on trying to build you own, then read a whole lot and then read some more. I know it seems daunting - most people get scared with all the info here. Feel free to ask questions (hopefully *after* you've tried searching unsuccessfully for the answer).

Good luck!
-C

echodrive
05-27-2010, 03:51 AM
Wow... one post and already gettin' the old spankin'... LOL...:rolleyes:

First off, welcome to the forums.
Second, Tim sells a graflex shell in the store, which you can use if you want to build a movie accurate item. As LDM said, if you're looking for where to *buy* one, then maybe check over on FX-Sabers and PM the smiths once those forums come back up.

Now if you're interested on trying to build you own, then read a whole lot and then read some more. I know it seems daunting - most people get scared with all the info here. Feel free to ask questions (hopefully *after* you've tried searching unsuccessfully for the answer).

Good luck!
-C
Thank you for an educated response Cannibal869. I actually am thinking about building one myself. I've been looking at the various mods sabersmiths are doing... Very nice! What would be really cool is a rotating crystal chamber. A low voltage motor could be fitted inside with minimal effort - I think? Talk about getting ahead of ones self.:rolleyes:

Anyway... Thank you for your intelligent, and edifying welcome to the forum.

echodrive
05-27-2010, 03:58 AM
LDM - you are doing some incredible work! I've been looking at your builds, and they are stupendous!

I don't know if you're familiar with the new e-cigarette craze that's taking place - but if you were to build an e-cigarette that resembles a light-saber...

Check-out the Super-T Manufacturing website. The "Precise" e-cigarette already looks like it's just begging for a customization! Dave is an incredible machinist, and an awesome guy too!

echodrive
05-27-2010, 04:07 AM
Builders (Sabersmiths) hang out at Fx-sabers.com (the forums there) so that would be where to go (when the sit is backup). Most sabersmiths also have links to their sites in their sigs (which the site owner graciously allows). That said, this forum is attached to a business and due to the respect that we all have for the owner of said business, there is no solicitation on these forums.;)

Understood.

FenderBender
05-27-2010, 06:19 AM
Did someone say Graflex with spinning crystal chamber? :D

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showpost.php?p=120480&postcount=14

Jedi-Loreen
05-27-2010, 06:53 AM
Welcome.

Please also try not to double, or triple post, just edit your original post, or use the multi-quote button.

Thanks.

echodrive
05-27-2010, 09:53 AM
Welcome.

Please also try not to double, or triple post, just edit your original post, or use the multi-quote button.

Thanks.

Suggestion noted. Will do...

echodrive
05-27-2010, 09:56 AM
Did someone say Graflex with spinning crystal chamber? :D

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showpost.php?p=120480&postcount=14
That is one stunning light-saber! "You're skills are complete..." ;)

Jedi-Loreen
05-27-2010, 10:23 AM
Suggestion noted. Will do...
But not implemented yet. http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/images/smiles/eyebrows.gif http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/images/smiles/geez.gif