PDA

View Full Version : Entertaining at parties.

t3hlulzkiller
05-24-2010, 03:49 PM
Has anyone ever done this? A friend of mine and I were thinking of advertising ourselfs as entertainers at kids parties. We are extremely good duelists and figured we could capitalize off of it.

Rathan
05-24-2010, 04:08 PM
On youtube search for novastar and birthday.

Caine Drathul
05-24-2010, 04:30 PM
I do it all the time...LED Sabers is now a subdivision of my martial arts school. :D

Jedi-Loreen
05-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Be very careful how you do it, if you decide to.

You cannot use any words like "Jedi" or "lightsaber" or any other copy righted names or words in your ads.

LFL has people everywhere looking for things like that. Uncle George, and his lawyers don't like unlicensed people making money off of his intellectual property.

DJMoonbass
05-24-2010, 04:52 PM
i use my sabers when i DJ. we call em our rave sticks. they rock!

Caine Drathul
05-24-2010, 10:46 PM
Be very careful how you do it, if you decide to.

You cannot use any words like "Jedi" or "lightsaber" or any other copy righted names or words in your ads.

LFL has people everywhere looking for things like that. Uncle George, and his lawyers don't like unlicensed people making money off of his intellectual property.

This is true. I have made sure to not use any Lucas-esque verbiage in any of my ads.

*Lightsaber= LED Saber
*All our forms of Combat do not have the SW names attached to them. They are simply called Form 1, Form 2, Negotiator Form, etc.
*Lightsaber Academy = LED Saber Combat Guild

and well, you get the picture. As long as you tread the line of legal usage vs.plagiarism, you are safe. You just have to know what the fine line is. ;)

cannibal869
05-25-2010, 01:03 PM
slightly OT, but did anyone else notice that at the end of the Verizon Droid ads that it states something to the effect that "DROID is a trademark of Lucasfilm Ltd. and its related companies."???
Who knew you could trademark your own slang???

Back OT, agree with the rest of the folks here, just find...uh... descriptive synonyms for the standard SW lingo and you should be good to go.

Sunrider
05-25-2010, 07:02 PM
And be prepared to display a demonstration of your force abilities.

The kids caught me off guard with this request at the last birthday party.:rolleyes:

Skottsaber
05-28-2010, 11:43 AM
*All our forms of Combat do not have the SW names attached to them. They are simply called Form 1, Form 2, Negotiator Form, etc.

Surely the names of the combat styles are purely fan made and have nothing to do with LFL except in the Visual Dictionaries? Does that still make it illegal to use the word "soresu" in your class?

slightly OT, but did anyone else notice that at the end of the Verizon Droid ads that it states something to the effect that "DROID is a trademark of Lucasfilm Ltd. and its related companies."???
Who knew you could trademark your own slang???.

Hell yeah he can. If you look closely on the credits of The Incredibles, you will see a message saying thank you to LFL for being able to use the term droid for their 'omnidroid' thingy.

Looks like Lucas gets really annoyed if people use his property.

Jedi-Loreen
05-28-2010, 01:30 PM
The Lightsaber "forms" are in KoToR 2, so, that would make them LFL intellectual property.