PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck!

The Grey Elf
05-17-2010, 02:55 PM
I'm interviewing for a job that I really want. The interview process is 3-stage. I made it through two. At the second they point-blank asked me what my salary requirements would be (which is usually a good sign). Today, only two working days after interview #2, I got called for the third!

It's this coming Friday. I need good vibes, not only for the interview, but that the job turns out as good as I'm hoping it will be when I get it.

Halcyon, K
05-17-2010, 07:31 PM
Good luck

Ryan S
05-17-2010, 09:41 PM
good luck!

and uh , don't tell them you'll work for trident layers!!;)

Matt Thorn
05-17-2010, 11:27 PM
Good luck!

good luck!

and uh , don't tell them you'll work for trident layers!!;)
Ryan, you must tell me what "trident layers" are. Because you need to raise your post count I really need to know.

The Grey Elf
05-18-2010, 04:39 AM
Kinda curious to know what trident layers are, myself.

Thanks, folks!

Xoultrain
05-18-2010, 04:49 AM
Trident Layers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tviPLpD8VG8) = dumb gum commercial.

Anyway.. good luck!! Get that job!! :D

Skottsaber
05-18-2010, 12:04 PM
*sits down cross legged*
*starts humming*
*positive vibes transport...*
;)

The Grey Elf
05-20-2010, 12:33 PM
*sits down cross legged*
*starts humming*
*positive vibes transport...*
;)

Ommmmm luck is great!

The Grey Elf
05-21-2010, 04:33 AM
Well, today is the big day...thoughts and vibes still appreciated.

jjshumpert
05-23-2010, 02:10 PM
no body ever pays me in gum... :(

The Grey Elf
05-26-2010, 05:26 AM
Just realized I didn't update here. I am waiting the final decision. There were a few final candidates to be interviewed Friday but they said hopefully sometime this week they'd make their decision. I feel like it all went really well, but I'm terrified waiting on them to make the call. I tried not to get my hopes up but think I'm going to be really heartbroken if I don't get this.

Things are not good where I am right now. I really need out.

Please continue to send thoughts, vibes, and prayers. I need all the help I can get. Thanks.

Causa
05-26-2010, 05:30 AM
I'm sure you'll do fine!

It looks like you breezed through the interview process and got a really fast call back.

Good luck with the final decision anyways, and you know the old saying:

"If you do what you love for a living, you never have to work a day in your life"

;)

Matt Thorn
05-26-2010, 06:02 AM
When I'm in that sort of situation, I try to assume that I will fail. That way I can only be pleasantly surprised. Easier said than done, of course.

I've also been in a situation where I failed to get a job I thought was ideal, only to have an even better opportunity open up to me soon after. One door closes, others open.

MTFBWY.

Jedi Yar-Nala
05-27-2010, 01:33 AM
Quick prayers on some good news for you, Grey Elf :)

The Grey Elf
06-14-2010, 05:27 AM
Well, I didn't get the job. I'm pretty heartbroken and dumbfounded. I was so sure things were going well, and every question they asked me I could honestly answer by telling them, "I'm doing that at my current position, so it's no problem."

I sincerely doubt they found anyone more qualified. I'm starting to wonder what I have to do to just find a job where I can be generally content. One would think that's not asking too much.

Et Kin Evenstar
06-14-2010, 06:23 AM
I know this probably won't make you feel any better, but I was in the same position several months ago. I was VERY unhappy at my job and found something I was uniquely qualified for. It was PERFECT. It was as if I wrote the want ad. I nailed the interview and then...waited. I finally got the call and found I came in "second." I was crushed. They ended up hiring someone with less experience in the day to day responsibilities but with more "business" experience. FF to now. Things have changed at my current job and I'm really happy. Promotion, raise, smoothed over some friction I was having wth some co-workers. I guess I'm just trying to tell you to hang in there. I was at a huge low in my professional life and never would have predicted things would turn around the way they did.

The Grey Elf
06-14-2010, 08:23 AM
I can almost guarantee that a promotion and raise won't happen. Not because I don't do my job well...because our school head administrator doesn't allow that to happen--she doesn't even let us hire new help when we need it, let alone reclassify people or give them higher pay.

I do appreciate the words of encouragement, though. I try to keep in the perspective that it's still WAY better than my last job, but it's not much comfort these days.

Et Kin Evenstar
06-14-2010, 09:13 AM
I hear ya Elf. I guess what I'm trying to say is no matter how bad things seem now, we never know what the future might hold. I was as low as I could get and NEVER would have imagined things would end up they way they have.

As Yoda said "Always in motion is the future." ;-)