PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars in Concert - two thumbs up!

Dakarn
05-16-2010, 06:08 AM
Went to the show last night in Orlando - for awhile I felt like I was 8 years old again. Its definitely worth going if they come to your area!

We were sitting on the floor about 10 rows back and the sound was incredible. Hearing many of the popular Star Wars themes from the series performed by a full orchestra and choir is just mind blowing. It's stirring and a great way to expose your kids or people who haven't heard a full orchestral performance to that style of music.

Anthony Daniels is your live host and narrator for the event and he's great. Definitely brought a smile to my face when he came out since I forgot he was the narrator, does an excellent job too.

The accompanying video is good for the most part, although there's an issue or two with inserting Ep 1-3 clips into sections dealing with Ep 4-6 which kinda bothered me.

The museum aspect has a few good costumes on display and our local 501st and Rebel Legion were on hand. They were sparse - about 5-6 original stormtroopers, a good original Boba Fett, a Jango Fett, a good Vader, 3-4 scout troopers, a teenaged Padme and Anakin and a jedi dressed in black robes but with a blue blade. The displays were good, some opportunities to get a good close up look at the jedi robes. The weapons were all in 1 medium sized case which was highly reflective so I wasn't able to get any good shots. :(

Skottsaber
05-16-2010, 06:16 AM
But how many lightsabers were there??

Dakarn
05-16-2010, 06:45 AM
But how many lightsabers were there??

A Yoda saber in his display. That's it. Supposedly there were supposed have Kit Fitso and a Plo Koon displayed with their costumes but I did not see them there or in the weapons display.

sks1138
05-16-2010, 06:59 AM
I was at the Orlando show as well. I have to agree with Dakarn. It was amazing! I felt like a kid again watching the performance live. I've been waiting months to see Star Wars in Concert, since I missed the first FL show last year.

I had an issue as well with the ep 1-3 clips with the ep 4-6 ones, but otherwise the show was awesome.

Darth_Sasuke
05-16-2010, 02:09 PM
I saw this in the fall in Oklahoma City and it was awesome. The death star lasers being synced to the music was my favorite part.

Heimidal
05-16-2010, 02:53 PM
I saw it in Nashville awhile back. Great show! Wish there had been more props though. I took a ton of pics there. Thought I'd put up my fav:

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/6943/29871055.jpg

Darth Biff
05-16-2010, 09:38 PM
Aww rackin-frack!:cry:

I had to sell my ticket last winter when they were in Ottawa (money was tight due to reduced work hours). Damn. I kinda hoped it sucked, so that it wouldn't sting as much.

Oh well, at least others got to enjoy it.

And thanks for the screen shot. It looks cool.

Invisas1979
05-21-2010, 09:14 AM
I saw this at the o2 in London in April and it was amazing.

The music when performed by a full orchestra is simply mesmerising.

I didn't think much of the props but the legion were there and a couple of Jedi. The Obi-Wan had the most awesom outfit. Hand made by his Mrs.

The concert is worth going to.

Anthony Daniels is just brilliant, slipping in and out of his 3p0 voice during the narrative with comic timing.

What a great afternoon.

VeggieJedi
05-28-2010, 03:16 PM
Saw it in Newcastle in April. Best birthday gift ever :D

Amazing. A definate must see :)

Archangel
07-15-2010, 04:46 AM
I'd love to visit Newcastle..

Anyhow, the only reason I can think of that I would pass on the Star Wars concert is the same reason I pass on the Video Games Live show: I love classical music, and I love going to symphonies. Having said that, I REALLY do not like the idea of having 10,000 people completely drown out the first few seconds of a symphonic piece with their applause. Applause is for the END of the piece! I couldn't do it...

JamoUp
07-15-2010, 05:16 AM
I am going here in CT next week. I am very excited about it! How many people dress in costume? Think they'll let me bring my saber and blaster?

beggarsoutpost
07-15-2010, 09:25 AM
I am going here in CT next week. I am very excited about it! How many people dress in costume? Think they'll let me bring my saber and blaster?

Yes...

TD-2272
07-15-2010, 10:24 AM
As being part of the 501st I get to troop it as a Sandtrooper and also be behind the scene as well. I saw and trooped the last time it came to Baltimore, now this weekend I get to do it again in D.C. woohoo!

Jedi-Loreen
07-15-2010, 12:29 PM
I got to Troop it with the Rebel Legion last year. :cool:

Had a great time. :D

JamoUp
07-15-2010, 07:13 PM
But as a regular dude. If I show up in a Jedi costume will I be out of place?

TD-2272
07-16-2010, 02:47 PM
But as a regular dude. If I show up in a Jedi costume will I be out of place?

Na you will be fine