PDA

View Full Version : I'm going under the knife Monday

DaJoQuim
05-14-2010, 05:58 PM
I'm going under the knife this Monday 05/17/10.I'm going to have a mass of something cut from the inside of my left part of my nose.I stand a chance of bleeding big time when they do it.
I have big time faith in God and this is where I'm leaving this up to.

je-rel drood
05-14-2010, 06:03 PM
I'm going under the knife this Monday 05/17/10.I'm going to have a mass of something cut from the inside of my left part of my nose.I stand a chance of bleeding big time when they do it.
I have big time faith in God and this is where I'm leaving this up to.

DaJo, I'm sure you will be just fine! After all, who will I have dinner with at C5 if you're all laid up?

Good wishes and other assorted prayers, thoughts, meditations and lucky rabbits feet headed your way!

Je-Rel

DaJoQuim
05-14-2010, 06:14 PM
Thank you sweet lady!!

Jedi-Loreen
05-14-2010, 06:25 PM
Make sure they don't go too deep and take some of your brain! :o

Just kidding. You'll be fine. I'll send you some positive vibes.

Do-Clo
05-14-2010, 08:46 PM
You will do fine, besides noses heal really fast, ;)

jjshumpert
05-14-2010, 08:53 PM
no worries dajo, ive had 4 procedures on my nose to remove scar tissue and repair ring damage, its no big deal

cannibal869
05-14-2010, 09:53 PM
DC has it right - noses in general (actually most parts of the head) have fairly good blood supplies. And in fact, the area of the nose and sinuses is supplied by both superficial and deep arteries (internal and external carotid artery branches)... so in general, yes, wounds tend to heal quite well and quickly in this area.

Of course, certain masses are a little more concerning than others, but I would suspect that you're getting some sort of polyp removed? At least that's probably the most common thing we see...

Either way, good luck and hang in there. There is a triple antibiotic ointment available over the counter in the drug store (contains bacitracin amongst other things) that is quite good as far as keeping things moist (which will help healing a bit) and free of infection. One version of this that I've seen also contains a topical anesthetic to help with the local pain.

-C

Rhyen Skytracker
05-14-2010, 11:12 PM
My prayers will be with you my friend. May you have fast healing and NO complications.

Sloda Foade
05-15-2010, 12:32 AM
I have just had septoplasty 2 weeks ago and am recovering well. You should be fine, but I'll keep you in my prayers. God bless.

Skottsaber
05-15-2010, 05:59 AM
Hope it goes well... just wanted to post an encouraging image:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1237687/TCSS%20Posts/EvilDoctor.jpg

DaJoQuim
05-15-2010, 08:12 AM
ahhhhh that looks just like my doctor lol.Thanks everyone.