PDA

View Full Version : It's Me!!!!

je-rel drood
05-12-2010, 12:21 PM
Yep, the Hello Kitty of FX has made it over!

OK, just kidding, I'm not cute n' cuddly, and I certainly don't have a non-existant mouth. BUT I have decided that it's high time I started learning more about sabers than just the difference between an emitter and a blade holder. :D

SOO, expect about as much from me as you get everywhere else I haunt - which is lots of lurking and reading, and letting Those that Know tell me what's what.

And to all my GC peeps - HAY!!! ;)

JRD

Jedi-Loreen
05-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Hiya! :)

Just couldn't stand not having access to some kind of lightsaber forum, since FX-Sabers is still down, huh? ;)

We've been getting a few people from there who figured now was a good time to sign up over here. :p

Sidd
05-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caine Drathul
05-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Well HELLO!

Okay Leigh-Ann...now you want to learn how build sabers.....<waves hand>...you will read tutorials....<waves hand again>....you will be squeaking with excitement when you complete your first build....:D

desert jedi
05-12-2010, 04:02 PM
Hiya! :)

Just couldn't stand not having access to some kind of lightsaber forum, since FX-Sabers is still down, huh? ;)

We've been getting a few people from there who figured now was a good time to sign up over here. :p

Hey there from another newbie....and JL, that's actually the reason I found this forum in the first place. I tried to sign up for FX-Sabers but it wouldn't let me complete the registration, so I went searching for more saber forums. Lucky me I found this one :)

Jedi-Loreen
05-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Aha! :p

Sunrider
05-12-2010, 08:06 PM
There you are. Where have you been? Welcome to the forum.

Who are you again?;)

Lord Dottore Matto
05-12-2010, 11:29 PM
There you are. Where have you been? Welcome to the forum.

Who are you again?;)

She is BARRISS OFFEE at Fx-sabers (she is a moderator so be nice ;))

je-rel drood
05-13-2010, 11:44 AM
She is BARRISS OFFEE at Fx-sabers (she is a moderator so be nice ;))

Now, now, LDM, here I'm just another Newbie. ;) Seeing as I can't play with the Big Boys (and girls) at the Kegger, I thought I would work my way up, just like everyone else!

Actually, you can thank Eastern57 for getting me off my metaphorical butt on trying to learn more about this hobby. I've never known anyone be able to convey a look of disappointment over the internet before! (he's under the impression that I should have a more detailed discussion with my sabersmith than: make it pretty! and little...)

And I'm not sure if I'll ever progress to actually making my own saber (don't have the money or time or space to invest in it ATM) but I do want to actually participate in conversations one day....

DJMoonbass
05-13-2010, 12:05 PM
welcome aboard!!!!

Rhyen Skytracker
05-13-2010, 12:27 PM
Welcome, glad to have you here. Now hurry up and build and post some sabers. LOL We will be glad to help you out how ever we can.

Causa
05-13-2010, 12:43 PM
It's Me!!!

Awesome!

Lord Dottore Matto
05-13-2010, 09:39 PM
Now, now, LDM, here I'm just another Newbie. ;) Seeing as I can't play with the Big Boys (and girls) at the Kegger, I thought I would work my way up, just like everyone else!

Actually, you can thank Eastern57 for getting me off my metaphorical butt on trying to learn more about this hobby. I've never known anyone be able to convey a look of disappointment over the internet before! (he's under the impression that I should have a more detailed discussion with my sabersmith than: make it pretty! and little...)

And I'm not sure if I'll ever progress to actually making my own saber (don't have the money or time or space to invest in it ATM) but I do want to actually participate in conversations one day....

Even if you never build, it will help to know a little about what goes on. Gravy speaks highly of your, how shall we say..."fitment" to JSS, so you never know ;)

je-rel drood
05-14-2010, 06:35 AM
Even if you never build, it will help to know a little about what goes on. Gravy speaks highly of your, how shall we say..."fitment" to JSS, so you never know ;)

That's quite a compliment! From what I understand, JSS is quite the place to be, and all the people I highly respect and "fitment with" seem to be there.

Well, I have to say that while I miss FX, I'm greatly enjoying it here, and learning much. So sad that it's taken such an event to motivate me to take a step I should have taken long ago!

Causa
05-14-2010, 09:31 AM
man, googling JSS just got me to JointServiceSupport.org

So I'm confused.

Jedi-Loreen
05-14-2010, 10:50 AM
Try Googling "JSSDC" and you'll get "Journal of Solid-State Devices and Circuits".

http://www.ocsws.com/forum/images/smilies/2funny.gif

Jay-gon Jinn
05-14-2010, 10:43 PM
Well, hello there, Ms. Drood! Welcome to TCSS! you know where to go if you have questions regarding how sabers go together, and what makes them work....;)

LadySythe
05-18-2010, 04:14 PM
Heh... I'm here too :p I can't get onto fx-sabers forum, so I thought I'd come see what all is going on here. So, I hijack my Sis's thread and say hi :D

Sis... *coughs* JSS is full of testosterone and foul language, let alone certain...individuals that has made the decision for me not to return to JSSDC for a long while...again.

Jedi-Loreen
05-18-2010, 04:56 PM
JSSDC is not a good fit for everyone.....

LadySythe
05-18-2010, 05:13 PM
It was...till, well, I'm sure you read.

je-rel drood
05-18-2010, 06:01 PM
SIS!!!!! JAY!!!!

Sithy Sistah, you are so sweet to come and find me! I appreciate your concern, seeing as I've never been to JSS before.

But I do have to agree with Lady Lor. From what's been described to me, JSSDC is not for everyone. The people that I do know there are good folk though, and I take the source into consideration. I personally have the opinion that if I don't like what's going on, I don't have to be there, and there have been times when I've walked out of a chatroom. Some of them I've gone back to and some I've never visited again.

I'm not saying anything for or against. Just sayin'.

Lord Dottore Matto
05-18-2010, 07:20 PM
It was...till, well, I'm sure you read.

How can I be the ADMIN and have missed this. PM me here please Dawn.;)

LadySythe
05-19-2010, 03:08 PM
How can I be the ADMIN and have missed this. PM me here please Dawn.;)

I will...if I don't forget... :-? Last 2 weeks of the semester and it's a killer!

Lord Dottore Matto
05-19-2010, 03:28 PM
I will...if I don't forget... :-? Last 2 weeks of the semester and it's a killer!

okey dokie. Good luck on finals (you can PM me at Fx too if you like)