PDA

View Full Version : First MHS Design

Hrimhari
05-11-2010, 06:57 PM
This is the first render I put together for my MHS which I am planning to build.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/FoxFireGraphicsInc/RenderIdeacopy.jpg

I would also have overlays made from the MHS sleeve material but I have not added those to the render yet.

Shadar Al'Niende
05-11-2010, 07:11 PM
This looks great, can't wait to see it finished ;)

Hrimhari
05-11-2010, 07:12 PM
Just a quick check would I be able to switch out the kit's push a switch for a latching Antivandel switch later on, in a Box 4 style.

Shadar Al'Niende
05-11-2010, 07:17 PM
If you got the standard switch hole you would have to drill it out as the AV's take a larger hole, plus you would need to make sure you had room for the box (i think you do) but yes that should be fine.

*edit*

bear in mind when thinking about spacing for electronics, that the latching AV's are illuminated and those reach to the bottom of the hilt, so no room under them for anything.

Hrimhari
05-11-2010, 07:29 PM
Ah my idea was when I get time and money to put the sound card in before the switch so that I have plenty of room in front of it. Not sure about the sound ventilation.

cardcollector
05-11-2010, 07:37 PM
HEY!! you put your covertec clip on correctly!!!!:D

I like the looks of this saber. what color are you planning on making it?

Hrimhari
05-11-2010, 07:43 PM
yeah I looked through other posts before I did the rendering.

I am getting the Amber Lux III kit

Jedi-Loreen
05-11-2010, 10:18 PM
You're another one that should put your blade retention screw up higher on the blade holder.

So apparently, you missed where I just told that to someone else earlier today. http://media.ign.com/boardfaces/20.gif

Yes, it's still Tues., for me.

Jay-gon Jinn
05-13-2010, 10:45 PM
This is the first render I put together for my MHS which I am planning to build.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/FoxFireGraphicsInc/RenderIdeacopy.jpg

I would also have overlays made from the MHS sleeve material but I have not added those to the render yet.

You may not know this, but Tim has issued a warning in the past about using that shilt in that configuration....they have a tendency to break at the first relief cut in the hilt. It is best used in the opposite arrangement, with the switch near the emitter, not the pommel.

Where are you planning on putting the batteries?

Hrimhari
05-14-2010, 12:21 AM
Oh, ok well then dang guess the other direction will have to do.

Jay-gon Jinn
05-14-2010, 08:46 AM
You can build it that way, but avoid any hard dueling with it.

Tahm
05-14-2010, 12:23 PM
Another option if you're worried about the hilt breaking and really want the switch toward the bottom is to go with a different main body. (I know that you might not want to hear that) IMHO I think that all of the main bodys look great especially after a nice powder coating. Also to add on to what Shadar said, if you go with a box 4 you will also need 2 more holes drilled and tapped in the main body to hold the box in place. (Tim can do this service for you or you can try yourself when you get the box)

Jedi-Loreen
05-14-2010, 01:57 PM
If you're just using regular alkaline batteries (or rechargeables that don't charge in hilt), it's going to be a pain in the butt to change them, with switch down at the bottom.

Hrimhari
05-14-2010, 02:45 PM
I already changed the grip section but for the life of me I forget which too either style 2 or 3 but I forget... I didn't log in into the store so I have no record of my buy till the parts get here, either tomorrow or monday.