PDA

View Full Version : (xbox 360) battle for middle earth 2

DARTHMONKEY1706
06-07-2006, 02:41 PM
OK so anyone who knows about rts(real time strategy) games knows that they haven't done very well on consoles(however u spell it).

but that was all befor bfme2 for THE 360 was anounced. I mean the first bfme game for the pc came out wasok but the developers only had control of the movie rights. the the 2nd game came out for the pc and it was awsome they had control of the rights to the books and movies. And if fans of the games could wish for anything else, except for some patches to fix the bugs. they anounced the game would come to 360. a first true rts game for consoles and the 360's first lotr game.
in the game you control the armies of mordor, isengard, goblins, men of the west, elves and dwarves. to concour the land of middle earth.
and this game is suppose to hit the 360 in july.
this will definately a must buy for me and should deffinately be a buy for lotr fans who own a 360.

http://www.ea.com/official/lordoftherings/bfme2_360/us/home.jsp
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i219/darthmonkey1760/Untitled.jpg
"Army or not... you must realize... you... are... DOOMED!"- General Gevious www.geocities.com/starwarsmonkeyz/intro.html

Nightwing
06-07-2006, 03:50 PM
Just because it's good on the PC doesn't mean it'll be good on the X360. Command & Conquer (which was THE BEST RTS game in its time) was released on the PS1 and N64, but even with improved 3D graphics, it still never took off due to the fact that analog sticks don't work well for the C&C control style (which BFME uses).

The only consoles that I think can do as well as the PC controls are the DS (due to its touch-screen) and the upcoming Nintendo Wii (the "pointer" controller actually functions like a mouse. Games like Super Mario Galaxy and the Wii version of Zelda: Twilight Princess both use the pointer exactly like a mouse, although some say it's actually more accurate [which blows my mind...])

To me, this looks like another attempt by Microsoft to put PC games on the Xbox. We've already seen countless games like Doom 3, Half-Life 2, and Jedi Outcast (all made-for-PC games) be ported to the console world, only to have their control style trashed due to the not-analog-enough analog sticks. For the lightsaber combat in Jedi Knight II and Jedi Academy, it wasn't so bad, because that required very little analog control. But when you had to pull out your gun, you found that the transition to the consoles had stripped the game of its much-needed precision.

DARTHMONKEY1706
06-07-2006, 04:02 PM
I do agree to an extent
,but you have to look at the response it got at e3. Once you look at the response it changes your mind on games that should be on consoles. And as far as command and concour the ps1 and n64 didnt get the control scheme right. I really thank that it will do good, but we will see for sure in a monbth.

"Army or not... you must realize... you... are... DOOMED!"- General Gevious www.geocities.com/starwarsmonkeyz/intro.html

tazrob
06-08-2006, 06:36 AM
AVP has been the closest I have found to a good RTS on a console, of course your people dont always follow orders which makes it bad when you are trying to take your people into a cave to exterminate the alien queen and half of your troops are still outside the cave [:(!]

Silvren
06-08-2006, 09:56 AM
Well for Jedi Academy you used quite a bit of the right analog to look around or even to decently battle your opponent. Also, the gun controls aren't the console's fault it's clearly the developers, I mean look the have all the FPS's on the Xbox and it clearly works (aka Halo).

Nightwing
06-08-2006, 10:05 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Silvren

I mean look the have all the FPS's on the Xbox and it clearly works (aka Halo).
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Eh...
I'm not fond of Halo's controls either. I was raised on PC controls, so playing Halo was like a step back for me.

I think much of the reason Halo has done so well is that when it was released, a lot of console fans who never liked the PC could now have a good FPS game to get behind.
My problem with analog sticks for FPS games is that they don't have enough sensitivity. Sure, you can point in the right direction, but it's all about timing (letting go of the analog stick at the right time), rather than true precision.

Hitogiri
06-08-2006, 10:12 AM
I love PC over console anyday, its just how I learned to play. What kills me if how Lucas likes to put stuff out. Normaly the xbox stuff comes out and then 2 months later the PC version will.... oh the agony! I'm still waiting to hear anything on KOTOR3, I know it was in pre production then they cut staffing or something awhile back....

My friend has BFME2 on PC, hes addicted to it!

DARTHMONKEY1706
06-08-2006, 10:17 AM
i like bfme1 and2 on pc but i hope its as good on consoles(i should say console-360)

Nightwing
06-08-2006, 11:20 AM
But why would you buy the console version?

DARTHMONKEY1706
06-08-2006, 12:47 PM
settin on a computer chair infront of a monitor or on a lazy boy chair infront of a tv.......hmmmm....

Nightwing
06-09-2006, 10:41 AM
Usually I sit in my computer chair when I play my GameCube anyways, since my TV's on top of my dresser in my closet. [:)]

If I really feel like relaxing, I can always use an extension cord and go back to my bed, though. [:D]

DARTHMONKEY1706
07-02-2006, 11:30 PM
4 days till its out yeeeeeeessss