PDA

View Full Version : MR/Hasbro FX Clash Sensor Mounting

Skottsaber
05-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Hi guys,

I am going to be using an FX board in a saber soon, and am getting conflicting messages on what I should do with the clash sensor.

Fenderbender mentioned that he likes to leave the clash sensor to hit the side of the hilt, and Jay-Gon mounts them to the soundboard.

What do you guys think? Any experiences of sensitive/non sensitive clash with certain types of mounting?

jjshumpert
05-03-2010, 06:14 PM
i personally dont like to leave the clash loose cause it goes off at weird points while spinning and dueling, my 2 cents...

xl97
05-03-2010, 07:24 PM
I say give it a try yourself.. and see how 'reactive' the saber is.. then you can try mounting at different positions.

Shadar Al'Niende
05-04-2010, 08:28 AM
My opinion:

I mount it to the board since that was close to how it was originally meant to be oriented. That being said, if you want a different effect, do something different. There are lots of instances where sabersmiths have "thought outside the box" and done something that was not how it was "supposed" to be done.

Summary:

If you want the component to work like intended, mount it like it was when you removed it.

If you want a different effect, do something different!

Skottsaber
05-04-2010, 09:46 AM
My opinion:

I mount it to the board since that was close to how it was originally meant to be oriented. That being said, if you want a different effect, do something different. There are lots of instances where sabersmiths have "thought outside the box" and done something that was not how it was "supposed" to be done.

Summary:

If you want the component to work like intended, mount it like it was when you removed it.

If you want a different effect, do something different!

QFT!

I'll experiment and see what works, thanks guys!

Jay-gon Jinn
05-04-2010, 08:52 PM
As long as I've used them, I've always put the sensor on the board, and made sure the board is secured inside the hilt. Never had a problem with them unresponsive.