PDA

View Full Version : Hilt-To-Blade Wiring Diagram

huskyleash412
05-01-2010, 11:42 AM
I have a Darth Maul Force FX saber. At one point, I was messing around with the wiring and I wound up breaking the wires. I decided to clip all the wires for some reason. This happened a few months ago. Recently, I revisited the saber and decided to go to Home Depot and Radioshack and get parts to fix it. I have almost everything done. What keeps me at a standstill is the fact that I have no recollection of the order in which the wires from the hilt connect to the LED string. If anyone has a diagram, or can simply tell me where I need to solder each wire, it would save me time and pain and therefore, I would deeply appreciate it.

Thank you in advance!!

Skottsaber
05-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Well I don't know anything about wiring the LED strings on Force FX sabers up, but I can tell you one thing.

On this forum, everyone will tell you to convert it to a single LED setup. But I'll leave them to do that.;)

Jedi-Loreen
05-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Have you tried looking for yourself, at all?

I found a photo of the wiring coming out of a DV blade in a minute by looking at the FX Darth Vader conversion thread.

huskyleash412
05-02-2010, 12:48 PM
link, please? i've been looking for the last hour.

Jedi-Loreen
05-02-2010, 03:52 PM
This is where you need to learn to navigate these forums. It's right here in the Tutorials section.

What do you see as the 2nd sub-forum here? The one below the A to Z build threads sub-forum. Might there be a Darth Vader MR FX saber conversion thread in that 2nd sub-forum? And might it have photos of a disassembled Vader saber? A little searching, and some common sense can go a long way.

I'm not being mean or sarcastic, just showing some "tough love". ;)

xl97
05-02-2010, 08:21 PM
tough love is true! lol..

husky- just dont give up and you'll be fine. Prove you have 'tried' to help yourself..and the members here will bend over backwards to help you.. (but not if they feel you'vee been lazy)..

to be fair though.. any/all forums take a bit to get used to.. the 'flow',, the 'people'.. and the factual parts of how thingas are organized and how that particular forum software works... etc..

Search here, FX, and google.. and I'll bet you'll find every answer.

Although understanding the answers you find is different!

Shadar Al'Niende
05-03-2010, 06:32 AM
.. and the factual parts of how thingas are organized and how that particular forum software works... etc..

Yeah, don't worry about it. Those Thingas always throw me off too... :rolleyes:

xl97
05-03-2010, 08:03 AM
are you being facetious? (with the rolleyes?)

Shadar Al'Niende
05-03-2010, 08:21 AM
maybe....:D

Just pointing out the misspelling of a common word and attempting to be funny :p

xl97
05-03-2010, 08:47 AM
DOH!.. I didnt even catch it! I guess what they say is true.. a second set of eyes is always best.. because the first see wont see the mistakes they made. lol

jjshumpert
05-03-2010, 06:20 PM
i may be wrong, but didnt i take a really good close up picture of the maul wiring when i did the conversion? wow...

xl97
05-03-2010, 07:14 PM
i may be wrong, but didnt i take a really good close up picture of the maul wiring when i did the conversion? wow...

what conversion?

are you asking us?

or are you providing a link to be helpful?

(Im un-clear....thanks)

jjshumpert
05-03-2010, 07:37 PM
that was sarcasm, check the maul conversion