PDA

View Full Version : Green Goblin Soundcards

Bob93r
04-30-2010, 06:20 AM
Hi guys,
I am trying to get my hands on a Green Goblin soundcard?
I don't think the sword was ever sold in Australia and I am having no luck on fleabay (Oz or US). Does anyone have one that they are willing to part with or know of where one is available?
Also while talking about this card has anyone successfully done away with the FOC? Vids of the FOC don't seem too good (looks broken), but I love the sound and the power up/down flashing.
Thanks.

cannibal869
04-30-2010, 08:48 AM
If you use the card as just a soundcard and use either a buckpuck / other LED driver / resistor method for the main blade LED, then yes, you will do away with the COF / FOC / blink on clash. It's actually not all that hard. You can look at threads that talk about using relays too for help. In addition, you can always wire it so that the FOC is maintained through accent LEDs... I think I posted a video of this effect before somewhere...

i.e.
http://s882.photobucket.com/albums/ac29/cannibal869/Lightsabers/?action=view&current=MVI_3525.flv
http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac29/cannibal869/Lightsabers/marchsaber.jpg

As for it being available overseas, I'm not sure... but it *is* available through ebay and amazon (dunno about conversion rates and shipping and such though - the ebay one says they do worldwide shipping)...

EDIT: PMed you the links... sorry Eastern

eastern57
04-30-2010, 09:03 AM
Hola gents,

We generally try to keep transactions, exchanges, and trades off these boards.. you know, store and all. ;) The redirect is okay, but in the future please try to steer away from that sort of thing. Tks. :)

EDIT: btw, the toy that Bob is looking for is the telescoping, electronic version. Try searching for goblin sword electronic

Bob93r
05-02-2010, 08:29 AM
Thanks guys. Sorry, didn't mean any disrespect to Tim or TCSS, but with the difficulty of getting soundcards over here in Australia I kind of needed some help. In fact the goblin soundcard is to go with a heap of bits I just ordered from Tim. Kind of trying to find some sound to tide me over until Tim's new card comes out.

Thanks for the redirect and the diagram Cannibal, that will come in handy.

Again, apologies for any issues.