PDA

View Full Version : Wiring AV latching switch

Rughead
04-29-2010, 04:14 PM
I've been looking through these forums for the past few weeks, and I've not been able to find a definitive wiring schematic for a latching AV switch. I'm sorry if there is one and I missed it...if there is, you can call me an idiot and point me on my way. :sad: I'm trying to wire up a latching AV switch to a Luke ROTJ soundboard. I have a temporary latching switch which I used to test the circuits, and everything works, I just can't figure out how to wire the AV switch. I'm sorry if I'm being stupid, I really did look, lol. I have the switch LED working, btw...I just need to get the actual switch part working. I appreciate any help you can give!!! :)

Also, I saw the diagram on the product page, but I'm not sure how to read it...I thought I did, but I'm clueless.

Thank you!!!

Strydur
04-29-2010, 07:35 PM
Go here http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/wiringbuilder/wiring.aspx
click on resistor chart
select the AV switch

Noyl Wendor
07-24-2010, 11:11 PM
Sorry in advance for drudging up old threads. I was wondering if its possible to wire up an illumtinated AV switch and not use the "illuminated" part.
Could you just hook up the switch?
I ask because I don't see any latching AV switches without an accent LED.

Arkhan
07-24-2010, 11:14 PM
Sure.

Like you said, just don't wire up the LED portion of the switch.

additionally, if there is a momentary switch that you like, you have a couple options to turn it into a latching switch. Search for "pololu" here and you should find a fairly inexpensive circuit board of small size that does just that.

I've used one in my last two sabers for that very purpose.

Noyl Wendor
07-24-2010, 11:52 PM
Okay, thats awsome. I still may go with the latching AV switch, do it luminated. But, now I have another trick in my bag.
Very cool. Thanks.