PDA

View Full Version : new short story for my class.

DJMoonbass
04-28-2010, 11:18 PM
im taking creative writing and fiction. i decided to go with a very dark type of starwars story. its completely non cannon and pretty much takes place in a parrallel universe if you want to put it that way. i find it interesting and as a begining level writer i hoep you enjoy it and i accept all critisism. even from you j lo- i expect you to find all dramatical errors. lol ;) well i hope you guys enjoy -

The Consuming Darkness

The night sky erupted with a violent explosion of light. The explosion echoed off the landscape as the lightning above illuminated the barren wasteland, bringing the ancient stone temple into blinding view for a second before the land was once again cast into shadow. Thunder was all that gave life to this land. Void of light and foliage, it was all but cold, dead stone and endless spans of dry desert.
The only structure that stood above this wasteland was an ancient stone temple, the focal point for the sinister, dark power seeping from the corrupted core through the cracks in planets crust. This planet has seen war after war, endless death and destruction over this dead rock. A dark malevolence exists here; whispers come and go with the wind, whispers of a nameless fear. The wind that carries these whispers, no matter where you stand, comes from the direction of the temple looming above. Voices, after countless millennia, still echo of the stone walls, and here and there shadows creep. Secrets of the darkest power exist deep inside the depths of the temple, and all who’ve entered to claim this power have never return, forever lost to the darkness within. Legend has it a beast of fearsome power resides inside the temple walls, the Guardian of the Dark. The secrets of the ancient Sith Lords are well protected. And that’s how it will always be.

A lone figure approaches the temple. The flashes of energy in the sky cast shadows upon his face as his cloak shields him from the elements. This lone figure walks with a purpose, it isn’t fear that guides him, but a heightened sense of things, he smells the energy in the air, feels the great power tingle on his skin. The air itself seethes with darkness, as it tries to corrupt all those that inhale it. But this lone figure is strong. For he is no ordinary man, he is the last great Jedi Grand Master in existence. And he will not be so easily corrupted.
A long time ago, a war of galactic proportions devastated the endless spans of the galaxy, it ripped the fabrics of time and space and caused devastation of epic proportions. The Force War split the galaxy in two. One side was cast into the darkness of the shadow of evil and the other was cast in the light of justice and serenity. But in the end nobody won, and the everybody lost. The war between the Grand Jedi Order and the Sith Overlords left the galaxy lifeless. Not a single entity survived. plants, people, animals, nothing. The galaxy was left bare and lifeless. The worlds that once held beauty and life were nothing more than endless waste lands of rock and dust, just like Korriban. Only two beings survived. One last Sith Overlord and one last Jedi Grand Master. And this stormy night will decide the fate of this galaxy.
He enterers the temple, cautiously. Its dark within. Empty. But through the force the emptiness and dark is bathed in a red glow. As he walks the ancient hallways, whispers come and go, up and down the halls, they surround him. Taunt him, attempt to eat away at his sanity. The whispers try to break him. But the cloaked Jedi proceeds, untainted. A deep thrumming is felt through the floor of the temple and it creeps up the walls and fills the air. The sound of power. The sound of darkness. As the Jedi proceeds down the great hall, more and more halls branch off, leading else where. Statues of ancient lords are positioned here and there, each of them has a great red glowing crystal positioned in the chest. They radiate and pulse with the rhythm of the thrumming bass deep within the heart of the temple. As the JedI walks by, the heads of the statues turn and gaze upon him, the stone figures outstrech there hands in a desperat attempt to grab him. But the Jedi keeps walking, he doesn’t even turn his head or gives it notice, his face simply stays hidden beneath the depths of his cloak. He is not afraid and he never will be.
The Jedi entres the Great Library of the Sith. The walls are stacked floor to ceiling with leather bound books framed with jewels and treasure, and scrolls and parchment litter the floor. The Jedi cares not for the knowledge found here, for nothing is of value to him. It is all tainted with the lies of evil. But there is one thing he seeks here. A passage from a book. He doesn’t know the title of this book, but at the same time he knows where to find it, amongst the endless rows of paper, the one thing he seeks shines brightly through the force. A golden beacon guiding him to it. He picks up the book and opens it. As he does and radiance of blue-white energy is released into the room, it swirls around and around and fills the room with wind. Parchments soar and shelves topple. The blue white light expands and a great voice sounds as the Jedi is lifted into the air and is bathed in the light

“There will come a time, during the final stand, where all hope seems lost and there seems to be no escape, there will come a time where you will gaze upon the heavens, gaze upon it with one last breath of hope, and strength will come to you my child. You will stand and smite the darkness with the last ounce of strength you hold to yourself and claim the power that will once more give birth to this galaxy. This is not the first time the end has been so near. This is not the first time the darkness seemed never ending. This is not the first time the arbiter has been called upon to once again ignite the sparks of life. Take this power, let it aid you in your epic battle to come and when all hope seems lost, look inside yourself and you will find what you most desperately need. You are not alone young Jedi, those who have past on are with you, always there guiding you. Quite your mind, let yourself go and you will hear them through the force, use there guidance, there wisdom, all they have to offer. For it will help you in the end. Never forget who you are. Never forget what you were born to do. Never forget….. Never forget.”

And with that the voice's echo dies off and the Jedi is laying on the floor. the last of the wind settles, the great light dims away and all is returned to normal. The Jedi rises and as he stands he feels a great power stirring inside him. Something unlike anything he has ever felt before. He feels lighter, stronger, faster, and more powerfully then anything imaginable. He looks at his hands and they are glowing with a blue aura. He turns and gazes down the long chamber of the library and then returns his gaze back to his hands. He holds them together and slowly a great blue orb begins to materialize between the palms of his hands. It grows bigger and bigger and the room begins to shake, the power seems unreal. The Jedi can barely contain it as the power seems to have a mind of his own. The Jedi twist his body to the side and pulls both his hands back. The room goes completly silent and still. Then with all the power of the force, the Jedi throws his arms forward and the Orb is released in a devastating wave that tears through the library with the lightning speed and crashes to the far wall with a burst of light . As soon as it happened it was all over. The Jedi gazes down the chamber, the at his hands. He gazes once again down the chamber, the empty chamber. Nothing is left. Down at the end is just a wall. The energy wave decimated everything in its path. Nothing survived, even matter itself. As the Jedi lowered his hands he felt something on his person. As he looks down he notices a small cylinder attached to the belt and is followed by a coiled glowing chain. He removes the cylinder from his belt and the glowing the chain wraps itself around his wrist. The Jedi identifies the weapon to be an energy variant of an ancient and powerful weapon called the Vibro-Kusurigama, a small knife attached to long thing string of chain, all interleaved with fibers of cortosis ore. However this chain is pure energy and at the end of this energy chain is a small lightsaber. With a single thought from the jedI, the small lightsaber ignites with a snap-hiss, a green beam about a foot long springs from the cylinder and the glowing chain crackles and sparks to life with a more intense blue light.
Suddenly, using this new found power, the Jedi springs into action and the air is filled with swirls of green and blue light as the Jedi dances with the new mystical weapon, the chain snaps back and forth and crackles with energy as the lightsaber follows, humming and pulsing with the following motions.

.......... TO BE CONTINUED.

Rafalema
04-29-2010, 05:48 AM
A-W-E-S-O-M-E!

This is a great story! WRITE MORE I WANT TO HEAR WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!

Only part that I didn't quite understand was the end. The way I understand it, he's fighting alone, correct? Or is he just testing this new "toy" that he just found?

Exciting story, please continue this soon..

Et Kin Evenstar
04-29-2010, 06:20 AM
Nice job!

A couple MINOR things:

Typo here:

all who’ve entered to claim this power have never return (should be "returned" or change to "all who’ve entered to claim this power never return."

Also, IMO, this sentence:

But in the end nobody won, and the everybody lost.

Seems a bit "clunky."

What about simply:

In the end (if there is such a thing), nobody won.

?

Looking forward to part 2! :-)

Shadar Al'Niende
04-29-2010, 06:37 AM
I didn't have time to go through it all. I really like it Deej. A couple tips for you. You need your tense to stay consistent throughout. For instance, you started out in past tense and then switched to present, then back to past etc. It helps things to flow when it is all in past tense, as if you were telling a story. Well, lets face it...you are :D I corrected some punctuation and reworded a couple things how I would say it. (but that does not mean yours was wrong, just a suggestion....)

I made my corrections/suggestions in Red. Hope this helps!

The Consuming Darkness

The night sky erupted with a violent explosion of light. It echoed off the landscape, the lightning above, illuminated the barren wasteland, bringing the ancient stone temple into blinding view for a second before the land was once again cast into shadow. Thunder was all that gave life to this land. Void of light and foliage, it was (remove all here) but cold, dead stone and endless spans of dry desert.
The only structure that stood above this wasteland was an ancient stone temple, the focal point for the sinister, dark power seeping from the corrupted core through the cracks in planets crust. This planet had seen war after war, endless death and destruction over this dead rock. A dark malevolence existed here; whispers came and went with the wind, whispers of a nameless fear. The wind that carried these whispers, no matter where you stood, came from the direction of that looming temple. Voices, after countless millennia, still echoed off the stone walls. Here and there shadows crept. Secrets of the darkest power existed deep inside the depths of the temple; and all who had entered to claim this power had never returned, forever lost to the darkness within. Legend had it, that a beast of fearsome power resided inside the temple walls, the Guardian of the Dark. The secrets of the ancient Sith Lords are well protected. And that is how it will always be.

A lone figure approached the temple. The flashes of energy in the sky, cast shadows upon his face as his cloak shielded him from the elements. This lone figure walked with a purpose. it was not fear that guided him, but a heightened sense of things. He could smell the energy in the air, feel the great power tingle on his skin. The air itself seethed with darkness, as it tried to corrupt all those that inhaled it. But the lone figure was strong. He was no ordinary man, he was the last great Jedi Grand Master in existence. And he would not be so easily corrupted.
A long time ago, a war of galactic proportions devastated the endless spans of the galaxy, it ripped the fabrics of time and space and caused devastation of epic proportions. The Force War split the galaxy in two. One side was cast into the darkness of the shadow of evil, and the other was cast in the light of justice and serenity. But in the end, everyone lost. The war between the Grand Jedi Order and the Sith Overlords left the galaxy lifeless. Not a single entity survived. plants, people, animals, nothing. The galaxy was left bare and lifeless. The worlds that once held beauty and life were nothing more than endless waste lands of rock and dust, just like Korriban. Only two beings survived. One last Sith Overlord and one last Jedi Grand Master. And this stormy night would decide the fate of this galaxy.

cannibal869
04-29-2010, 11:26 AM
yeah, just a few typos and grammatical errors... nothing too bad. Some of the sentences are bit repetitive. Shadar's edits are helpful in this regard.

But story wise, pretty good.
If I'm getting the right imagery, it almost seems like the weapon you're talking about at the end is something sort of God Of War "Blades of Athena" like? :confused:

keep it coming!

Skottsaber
04-29-2010, 11:33 AM
Nice! This really is the style of SW fiction I like! Very dark, like ROTS and ESB.

Please keep writing! And Cannibal, I think he's talking about a protosaber. ;)

Et Kin Evenstar
04-29-2010, 11:51 AM
Shadar did a good job with his suggestions IMO. Are we doing your homework for you, young man? ;-)

DJMoonbass
04-29-2010, 12:05 PM
lol. yeah this is a serious ROUGH draft. im going to go back and correct everything. especially the tenses i am trying to keep the story in present tense and then references to the past and stuff in past tense. so the story takes place in the present. so yeah tenses are a little messed up. as for the blade you are thinking of. picture the knife chain thing from ninja assassin and replace the chain with an energy strand and the knife with a small lightsaber. thats what im going for. thanks alot for your suggestions and fixes shadar. ill be sure to use those in my next rough draft. once done ill submit this to TFN and stuff. :mrgreen:

and no you guys arent doing my homework. actually in class we peer edit each others work. its a cool class. ill be workin on this through out the entire rest of the trimester. i have 6 weeks left before i graduate. where did my life go? oh yeah it was here in the forums :P

the ending sequence was the Jedi testing his new weopon.

and stay tuned because i have some SICK ideas for the rest of the story.

Et Kin Evenstar
04-29-2010, 12:31 PM
I know other forums already have this, but has there ever been any discussion of adding a fan fiction, film etc. board here on TCSS?

Shadar Al'Niende
04-29-2010, 12:53 PM
I know other forums already have this, but has there ever been any discussion of adding a fan fiction, film etc. board here on TCSS?

Thats what Misc is for. There is not a specific section since this really isn't that kind of forum...

Oh, and you are welcome DJ :D I have been toying with the idea of writing a little starwars fan fiction and this has made me think about it even harder ;)