PDA

View Full Version : sound mod?

sithhed
04-26-2010, 05:39 PM
I do not know if it's me,or the energy drink. But I had a crazie(I mean CRAZIE) but can you mod (or hack) a soundboard so the saber lock and blaster delect have separate buttons? *neeeee!* *zzzt* *twitch*.

xl97
04-26-2010, 09:37 PM
what soundboard are you talking about???

Jedi-Loreen
04-26-2010, 10:47 PM
You has a crazie :rolleyes: all right

Skottsaber
04-27-2010, 12:18 AM
So far the only soundboard that has saber lockup and blaster block effects, is the Crystal Focus, which already uses a separate button for these effects. So the answer is yes, you can put Saber Lockup and blaster block effects on a separate 'button'.

Jedi-Loreen
04-27-2010, 01:26 AM
But you can't do it with the UltraSound or SaberSound boards, MR/Hasbro FX boards, or the cheapy Hasbro boards.

JamoUp
04-27-2010, 05:46 AM
and on a CF you can't have separate buttons for blaster and lockup, those two functions are the same button, separate from the main power button.

I actually asked Erv about this, my objective was to get one color clash flash and a separate color blaster deflect. He said no. That conversation is here: http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=22891.120

But on an MR/Hasbro economy board, you could replace the clash sensor with a momentary switch and have push button clash sounds.

Jedi-Loreen
04-27-2010, 07:15 AM
There is also no blaster deflect sound on the boards I previously mentioned.

Skottsaber
04-27-2010, 07:51 AM
So far the only soundboard that has saber lockup and blaster block effects, is the Crystal Focus, which already uses a separate button for these effects.

J-Lo... do you EVER read? http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/moods/angry.gif

Jedi-Loreen
04-27-2010, 11:16 AM
Yes, but some people don't, so I was just making sure he knew that other boards don't have the blaster deflect sound. It may sort of sound like they to, to some people.

KuroChou
04-27-2010, 09:25 PM
....But on an MR/Hasbro economy board, you could replace the clash sensor with a momentary switch and have push button clash sounds.
or you could wire the momentary in parallel with it, so it would respond to a physical clash, OR the manual switch, giving a faux blaster without compromise.

sithhed
04-28-2010, 03:40 PM
So far the only soundboard that has saber lockup and blaster block effects, is the Crystal Focus, which already uses a separate button for these effects. So the answer is yes, you can put Saber Lockup and blaster block effects on a separate 'button'.

that is exactly what I was thinking about.By the way, that was my double triple super duper awesome prime supreme spasm twitch attack topped off with an epic backflip.

Skottsaber
04-29-2010, 08:57 AM
And the answer is... unless you have either:
A) Crystal Focus
B) Some insane knowledge of electronics and the right tools

No. :p

mongo
05-16-2010, 05:48 PM
Hello,
my Hyper V.3 SD card has blaster and deflect,
i know this thing is taboo around these parts,
but still--it has both those features:-)

mongo
05-18-2010, 06:57 AM
Also,
i used a Radio Shack 20sec recording card to put extra sounds in my "Limey Saber".It is fully compatible with fx cards i just ran the ground for speaker from the RS card and hooked it to the ground for the speaker w/FX card used the aux button to activate Vader voice.you could use that card to put a blaster or clash sound on it.