PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with your blade when???

HAVOK
04-26-2010, 11:44 AM
Realistically, What do you do with your blade when lets say you have you saber on you belt, or you are at a convention. Do you just leave them in? OR do you store them somewhere for convenient access in case you need/want it.

i would like to see or hear peoples ideas,

i have an idea for mine but lets hear everyone else's ideas

my idea is getting 2 PVC end caps and getting "d" rings for them, and them getting a strap for inbetween, like this

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u157/x360graphicsx/Sabers/idea.jpg

that way you could wear it on your back under you cloak, or just on your back in general.

let me know your feelings

Jedi-Loreen
04-26-2010, 11:49 AM
It's going to look weird carrying a blade under your robe at your back.

Some people sew a pocket in the side of their robe.

I have a fabric blade holder with a strap on it. The strap goes over my shoulder and the blade hangs under my left arm.

DJMoonbass
04-26-2010, 11:53 AM
i have pockets in my robe too. but my robe hangs funny with it. im thinking of putting a pocket directly behind me so its like right on my back. but sometimes i just tuck it underneath my belt behind me. its uncomfortable fo sho but it works.

why oh why can we have retractable blades. it would be SO much easier. lol

Skottsaber
04-26-2010, 12:45 PM
why oh why can we have retractable blades. it would be SO much easier. lol

If we can... why does nobody use them? :roll:

Shadar Al'Niende
04-26-2010, 02:01 PM
If we can... why does nobody use them? :roll:

because they look dumb... dumber than having a detached blade hanging around :rolleyes:

DJMoonbass
04-26-2010, 02:19 PM
lol. i meant why cant we. and no i mean LEGIT retracable blades. like almost defies the laws of physics, space and time and all the trippy stuff. lol.

cardcollector
04-26-2010, 06:56 PM

I have a fabric blade holder with a strap on it. The strap goes over my shoulder and the blade hangs under my left arm.

Would you want to post a pic? that sound like a great idea...

Skottsaber
04-26-2010, 11:57 PM
What about some kind of blade that snaps in half? I'm not sure how strong it would be, and what mechanism it could/would use, but one could be handy.

Crystal Chambers
04-27-2010, 06:42 AM

Awesome! I was thinking of doing the same thing when I make my jedi robes. I mean unless you wanna be walk'n funny, spilling drinks, or looking deformed, I don't see any other reasonable options.

Goltar Bias
05-04-2010, 10:05 PM

I did the same thing with my robe but instead of makeing it a seperate thing I sewed it to the bottom inside seam of the left sleeve in the robe, and it just sort of flows with the folds of the robe as I move.

Crystal Chambers
05-05-2010, 04:21 AM
I would much rather have it sewn in then a strap on. Either way it's better then it dragging on the floor from your belt..lol

Scars Unseen
05-05-2010, 04:54 AM
Just bring a caddy.

"OK, Jeeves. I think I'll need a midgrade with Corbin film for this one."

JamoUp
05-05-2010, 06:18 AM
I have wand pockets in my first robe. I de-stitched it, lowered and elongated it to accommodate my blade. Now, I have a proper Jedi robe, and sewed in a blade pocket. The pocket is 6in deep and then there are two retaining straps (velcro) holding it in place 12in up and 24in up respectively.

Skottsaber
05-05-2010, 10:55 AM
All of these basically sound like how you make Jedi Tabards. Surely those would work?

HAVOK
05-05-2010, 01:55 PM
yeah thanks to the awesome idea, I would have never thought to sew a pocket into the robe, which is what I will do!

thanks everyone!