PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro ultimate lightsaber set

goldsaberwarrior
06-04-2006, 07:46 PM
I need a little help on this one. I bought one of the new hasbro ultimate lightsaber sets. I've had it a couple of months now. Here's the problem. I'm sure at least one of you knows what the different crystals sound like. I had the blue one in mine and the batteries died. I put some new batteries in it and turned it on and the blue crystal was causing the saber to make the green crystal sound. I tried putting in the other crystals and they made the right sound for that crystal. I checked the inside of the saber just by taking the other half of the hilt loose and examining the electronics and as far as I could tell nothing was wrong. Please help.

LAN-ED-TUL
06-04-2006, 09:25 PM
take saber and walk to trash can and drop in. lol bout all its good for is maybe using a few parts from it to make other saber like we build here. not much more than that.

<center>http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/LANSIG.jpg</center>

Lan-Ed-Tul
The Brotherhood Of The Sith

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

mike-jon-sims
06-04-2006, 11:54 PM
from what ive herd , your lucky it lasted you as long as it has.

Beatboxer
06-05-2006, 12:48 AM
Ok, I have a 2 soon to be 3 year old and I bought him that saber. It actually looks good and the two blades it comes with are fun too mess around with.

Something is way wrong with the sound now tho..I need to buy new batteries and see what happens. I've heard the sound board is defective on it tho..

GeluKhanGharr
06-05-2006, 02:19 AM
My 5 year old broke 2 of those in less than 3 days. He's also played with about 25 MRs and 60 other Hasbro sabers. Not to mention the ones I build. He's never broken any of those. Now you do the math. BTW, that is the experience I've heard all who bought the "Ultimate Crapsaber" had. You want to know why they break? Big mistake - you put batteries in them [:D]

Born of Sith, seduced by the light.
http://www.saloncatalina.com/images/signature.jpg
http://www.illumisabers.com

goldsaberwarrior
06-05-2006, 09:55 AM
I've got a hasbro Qui-Gon saber that's lasted since 1999 and still works like a charm. Guess I could salvage my busted saber for usefull parts though. Thanks anyway.[:)]

Dark siders beware my golden blades.

Beatboxer
06-05-2006, 01:07 PM
Funny. Until umentioned it gold IO didnt even know the different crystals made different sounds, cool. Even with my broken sound It's very noticable. Pretty neat.

It would be cool to try saomething like that with a white LED and lenses. I imagine it would be hard tho.

Anyway ya I might take my sons "ultimate" back and see if a new one's sound will last longer than a day or I might just keep this one for parts and for him to wack stuff with.[B)]

Pirate King
06-05-2006, 08:11 PM
its probably something to do with the crystal shape being screwed up. there are two buttons, when one is pressed it makes one sound, when the other is pressed it makes another, and when both are pressed it makes a third sound. I've taken the saber apart and reassembled it and had no trouble with the board, but I don't know a way yet to make it make just one of the sounds if I were to use the board in an LED saber.

{<font color="black">[[[</font id="black">(((<font color="red">o</font id="red">))<font color="gold">EE</font id="gold">[/<font color="blue">==============</font id="blue">

james3
06-06-2006, 07:44 AM
I must be pretty dense cause I didn't notice the sound difference when we got one of these as a Christmas present for a friend last year. Now I want to to go get one to play with.

<center>http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e370/Dadof3/obiwan4.jpg</center>

goldsaberwarrior
06-06-2006, 01:22 PM
Would you believe this? After my last post I fiddled with my saber some more and fixed it. You will laugh when I tell you this but would you believe that the crystal was sitting in the saber wrong. Just incase you're wondering what I mean I'll tell you. If you've ever took one apart or noticed to two black buttons that the crystals sit on, that's the key as to which sound the saber stays with if you use a crystal. If you hold it rightside up and look at it that way you will understand what I'm saying. The blue crystal sits on and pushes the button on the left causing it to make the blue crystal sound. The red sits on and pushes the right button making the red crystal sound. Last but not least the green sits on and pushes both buttons. To make a story short the crystal wasn't positioned right.

Dark siders beware my golden blades.

shiky
06-06-2006, 07:16 PM
lol that sucks... i have that kit, i dont really like it. not as customizable as i'd like.. not enough emitters... meh. 40$ down the tube.

-----------------------------------------
A Jedi feels the Force flowing through him..

Beatboxer
06-07-2006, 12:01 AM
I got mine for 28 at target..reduced...

I'm still tempted to take it back and order one of saber's youngling sabers' instead. I think I'll just have em both. I figure after a year I'll have about differnt versions of lightsabers...there all fun.