View Full Version : Illuminated Switch?

Et Kin Evenstar
04-01-2010, 07:43 AM
Can anyone tell me what type of illuminated switch I'd need for:

- MR Luke ROTJ Board

- MR Anakin Board

?

Latching for both?

Such as http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/DPDT-Latching-green-illuminated-switch-P429.aspx ?

Sidd
04-01-2010, 08:13 AM
all MR boards require a latching switch

Et Kin Evenstar
04-01-2010, 09:08 AM
As I thought. I should have been more clear originally. It looks like the Luke board switch uses 4 wires, while the others use 2 wires. Will the illuminated DPDT latching switches work for both types of board?

cannibal869
04-01-2010, 10:42 AM
As I thought. I should have been more clear originally. It looks like the Luke board switch uses 4 wires, while the others use 2 wires. Will the illuminated DPDT latching switches work for both types of board?

Yes, so long as you wire it (the 4 wire one) up correctly.

Et Kin Evenstar
04-01-2010, 11:51 AM
As I thought. Thanks again. Now to just make sure I wire it correctly. ;-)

Greevar
06-01-2011, 06:15 PM
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but this is relevant. Do you need a resistor to run the illuminated switch on an MR board or will the board not pop the LED? Does anybody have a wiring schematic that facilitates this?

Azmaria Dei
06-02-2011, 04:02 AM
yes you need a resistor. you'll need to calculate it based on the switch LED specs. as for a diagram, just wire it in parallel with the main LED.

also, this has been answered hundreds of times elsewhere... i have to wonder why you resurrected this particular thread and not one of the main MR wiring threads...

Greevar
06-02-2011, 09:30 AM
It may have been answered many times before in other threads, but I'm new here and the search only provided me with this thread as a proper match when I searched "illuminated" and "replica". I wanted to use "MR illuminated switch" in a search, but it doesn't allow it, even though MR would have yielded superior results. I really did try to find a thread that had already covered it, but the search just wasn't facilitating it. Nevertheless, I got my answer. Thanks.

Azmaria Dei
06-02-2011, 09:51 AM
no worries then hon. as long as you got the answer you needed.