PDA

View Full Version : My first foray into the Saber Building Universe

Djem-So Dynamo
03-30-2010, 10:49 PM
Hey guys, I'm new here and in the spirit of sharing (after reading for weeks, but with immagination built up for 20 something years) I'd like to show you guys my first 2 saber builds. Both are stunts with Ultrasabers heavy dueling blades and run off the 4aaa P4 Green kits in the shop... the larger being mine and the smaller being a gift for my nephew's 5th birthday the end of the month. My saber is a 1.5" sinktube over a 1.25" tube with the sinktube blade holder sold here, knurled set screw, grips made from vinyl floor mat and craft store sticky foam, and help together by the clip, some epoxy, and the clear washers covering the blade window. I suppose it's partially a combination of Obi-Wan TPM and Anakin's ROTS. My nephew's is built like a club and hopefully able to take a beating :) It's a cut down 1.25" sinktube with the same blade holder, red set screw, and tennis racquet wrap for the grip. Thanks for checking them out!

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/album.php?albumid=179

Caine Drathul
03-30-2010, 11:46 PM
Nice job, man...It will be good to see just how good of a beating those sabers can take, eh?

Djem-So, eh? Good form of combat to know...one of my preferred styles as well.

Sairon
03-31-2010, 10:44 AM
Very nice designs, I like the one with the window a lot. Very nice job.

Goltar Bias
03-31-2010, 11:45 AM
Love the use of the nylon washers with the light behind it, used those on one of my first, they realy look cool lit like that.

$tarkiller
03-31-2010, 03:28 PM
Excellent work! I especially love the windowed saber ALOT! Keep them coming!

ARKM
03-31-2010, 04:45 PM
I'm diggin' the longer of the two hilts.

DJMoonbass
03-31-2010, 07:44 PM
very nice designs good job!

Djem-So Dynamo
04-02-2010, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. My next project is in the works so I'll be posting more pics soon. Everyone have a great weekend!

Fasthands
04-02-2010, 11:27 PM
I didn't realize that commenting was frowned upon in the custom saber thread but I really want some feed back on my first saber design. being a basic design I wasn't looking to do anything extravagant. but any helpful feedback would be nice.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=676&page=20

chaos
04-03-2010, 06:14 AM
I didn't realize that commenting was frowned upon in the custom saber thread but I really want some feed back on my first saber design. being a basic design I wasn't looking to do anything extravagant. but any helpful feedback would be nice.

If you want feedback you should start your own thread instead of hijacking someone elses.

Fasthands
04-03-2010, 03:10 PM
lose/lose. I was afraid I'd get flamed for posting a WHOLE new thread just to show off the same pictures. so I guess I'll just get flamed no matter what. good to know.

cardcollector
04-03-2010, 06:24 PM

Comments aren't allowed in that thread. It is made only for displaying of sabers.

lose/lose. I was afraid I'd get flamed for posting a WHOLE new thread just to show off the same pictures. so I guess I'll just get flamed no matter what. good to know.

First, you had better watch your attitude, it will get you in trouble. These are the best lightsaber forums you can find, you are making a bad first impression.
Now, I can relate to not knowing whether or not to make a new thread.
IN this case, NO ONE will (or shouldn't) flame you for making your own thread for your first saber. It is a huge accomplishment and you should be proud.

I usually try to go by "If in doubt, don't"
In this instance, making a new thread would've been fine.

However, your last comment is extremely disrespectful to all the members on this forum. We do not flame because we like to, but because a member is being lazy, or rude.

Jedi-Loreen
04-03-2010, 06:32 PM
It's perfectly acceptable to post one of your sabers in the appropriate Gallery thread, as well as making a new thread for it if you want people to be able to comment on it.

Fasthands
04-03-2010, 07:14 PM
Well then, sorry about that. It was not my intention to "hijack" someone elses thread, nor to be snapped at for trying to save thread space. But hey, now I know.

And to be clear, I wasn't expecting anyone to comment IN the custom saber thread. Rather, I was trying to get comments in here, hence the linky so they could see it.

Again, sorry.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
04-03-2010, 08:28 PM
I don't think it's a big deal. This place takes a little getting used to, but stick with it, and use your head, and you'll fit in. Just read lots, and you'll catch the flow of the place.

In the mean time, it wouldn't hurt to invest in a pair of asbestos underwear. ;-)