PDA

View Full Version : Wiring an AntiVandal switch

Sidd
03-30-2010, 08:28 AM
I have one of the Lighted Anti-Vandal switches sold here and is there a way to wire it so that when its latched in its off and when its released it turns the saber on?

I know there are Normally Open and Normally Closed terminals on the under side of the switch but I am a wiring n00b and have no idea what those really mean.

Jedi-Loreen
03-30-2010, 09:15 AM
Jay-gon just did this on his last saber build. So he must have used the NC contacts on the switch.

Skottsaber
03-30-2010, 11:38 AM
I saved this pic a while back, I don't remember who posted/made it but credits to them.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1237687/TCSS%20Posts/momentarybillet.jpg

I would think that you would wire the input and normally open tabs, so then, when you press the switch 'on' it's actually off.

I have never wired/owned these switches at all, so wait for the masters to check me, but this is my suspicion. ;)

Jedi-Loreen
03-30-2010, 11:43 AM
That's not even what the ones that Tim sells look like. I think that's from one of Shadar's posts.

And you have it backward. You'd wire the switch for Normally Closed for what he wants.

I already talked to Sidd on AIM and helped him figure it out. ;)

Sidd
03-30-2010, 11:51 AM
That's not even what the ones that Tim sells look like. I think that's from one of Shadar's posts.

And you have it backward. You'd wire the switch for Normally Closed for what he wants.

I already talked to Sidd on AIM and helped him figure it out. ;)

Yes Loreen was very helpful and she even "went easy on me" ;)

Alcfalath
03-31-2010, 07:39 AM
Testing it out is always the easiest option.. You get soldering experience, and learn hands on something new about electronics :D

Buuuut..... J-Lo is right :) Input and Closed are what you need, for the switch to be like that. I recently did this for one of the sabers I upgraded, and it is much more aesthetically pleasing with the Illuminated ring lit when the switch isnt depressed.